Just booked a Getaway studio

BlessedMimi

Has anybody done this? My room is ll573. I have always been in a balcony room but wanted to do something different (and cheaper.) I think I can cope with the close quarters, but will my suitcase fit under the bed? Would appreciate any info and/or advice.

I fit both a very large roller suitcase and a carry on suitcase underneath the bed. There's plenty of space underneath the bed for your suitcase and there's even a basket there you can use for dirty clothes. I must have brought 16 different shirts. The first night of the cruise they did a 50% off ironing (not sure if they still do but they did for mine) so I sent everything out that I wouldn't need the first day to get ironed. All came back on hangars that I just hung in the wall unit and it worked great.

I fit both a very large roller suitcase and a carry on suitcase underneath the bed. There's plenty of space underneath the bed for your suitcase and there's even a basket there you can use for dirty clothes. I must have brought 16 different shirts. The first night of the cruise they did a 50% off ironing (not sure if they still do but they did for mine) so I sent everything out that I wouldn't need the first day to get ironed. All came back on hangars that I just hung in the wall unit and it worked great.

Great idea! Hope they still do that when I board.

In April my sister had a studio and she loved it. She loved her privacy and she loved her cozy bed which is actually bigger then what you get when you share a cabin. She said that is the only way she will cruise again.

Are the specialty coffees free in the lounge when you stay in a studio?

If you're referring to the coffee machine that serves cappuccinos and macchiatos...yep! It's free of charge. :)

All of the snacks and drinks in the lounge are free. Other than the vending machines (not sure if there are vending machines in the lounge on Getaway/Breakaway, but there are on Epic).

If you're referring to the coffee machine that serves cappuccinos and macchiatos...yep! It's free of charge. :)

All of the snacks and drinks in the lounge are free. Other than the vending machines (not sure if there are vending machines in the lounge on Getaway/Breakaway, but there are on Epic).

There's also a wine machine on the Breakaway's Studio Lounge.:D