Could somone report back on the new Chocolate Deserts?

oskidunker

On the Grand we had the pistachio Dome and the chocolate hazelnut bar in the MDR. The first was just okay IMO but the hazelnut bar was delicious.

Also the chocolate truffle pops at the champagne waterfall were decadent, yum!

At the Crown Grill I tried the chocolate peanut butter one, again IMO just okay.

They are all works of art, visually.

Just off the Regal 3 day....had the Chocolate Hazelnut bar with Citrus cream (below)..... OMG DELISH !!!!:D

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A4%3A5%3Dot%3E2347%3D57%3C%3D476%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B53%3B%3A%3B97423%3Aot1lsi

Yep, we just got back today from the 4 Day Caribbean Princess & it was offered one nite in the dining room - and needless to say - You will not be disappointed, it was DELICIOUS!!!

Edited by Sanibel*Gal

And yes, the chocolate pops that they hand out for the Captain's event were decedent. :)

Darn auto-correct... decadent... not decedent. :p Amazing how just one letter completely changes the meaning of a word...

Yep, we just got back today from the 4 Day Caribbean Princess & it was offered one nite in the dining room - and needless to say - You will not be disappointed, it was DELICIOUS!!!

We were on the CB after you and didn't see them. :( Were they just listed on the regular DR dessert menu with the regular nightly specials or possibly only on formal nights?

Loved the Chocolate peanut butter bar in the Crown Grille but even though we love chocolate the molten chocolate cake was so rich neither of us could eat more than a few spoonfuls. The Chocolate Tiramisu was at the Chef's Table and was very good.

I don't think all of them have been "rolled out" on all of the ships yet...think I'd read that won't be until Jan 2015.

Decadent Desserts – Norman Love has produced 15 chocolate dessert designs for Princess Cruises that will be offered on a rotational basis in the ships’ main dining rooms, specialty restaurants (Sabatini’s and Crown Grill) and Chef’s Table experience. Examples of the desserts include a Chocolate Tart with Vanilla Mousse and Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pistachio Dome with Almond and Pistachio Nougatine, and a truly unique Chocolate Tiramisu with Mascarpone Cream and Espresso Gelato that shouldn’t be missed. (Complimentary in main dining rooms. Specialty restaurants carry a cover charge.)
Edited by BJS

Loved the Chocolate peanut butter bar in the Crown Grille but even though we love chocolate the molten chocolate cake was so rich neither of us could eat more than a few spoonfuls. The Chocolate Tiramisu was at the Chef's Table and was very good.

I don't think all of them have been "rolled out" on all of the ships yet...think I'd read that won't be until Jan 2015.

I also cannot eat more than a few spoonfuls of the molten chocolate cake. I order just the small size that they serve on the Crown Dependence, of the chocolate molten cake, as a dessert there. It works for me. A few spoonfuls is all that I want, but I really want those few spoonfuls.

I also cannot eat more than a few spoonfuls of the molten chocolate cake. I order just the small size that they serve on the Crown Dependence, of the chocolate molten cake, as a dessert there. It works for me. A few spoonfuls is all that I want, but I really want those few spoonfuls.

Ginger, I agree about the size. Our waitress insisted on bringing us the dessert she wanted us to have....The large and the Dependence with the small one...such a waste to walk away from all of that.