Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

i really cant see why the water slide is not open..Its just not fair inspect the darn slide and open it up to people who pay good money to go on it and use it. Ncl dont care get your money and close and open stuff as they feel so but some people wait all year for this. Im leaving tomorrow on the Gem and my son which turns 11 wants to use the new slide as so do i since im a big kid at hart. I wish i knew who to call at ncl to get this opened

Dennis

If they can't get it inspected in time , no amount

of calling will get it open. I'm sure you will

have a lovely cruise anyway, sometimes live

hand us lemons and we have to learn to live

with disappointments . You are not even on the ship

yet and are already stressed over something

you just can't control, one thing should not

spoil your cruise.

Marion

Dennis, this is the number I called:

I think if they get calls and complaints, it might light a fire under somebody's nether regions ;)

Yes, Marion, of course we will all have a great time on our cruise no matter what. But actually we DO have some control -- we are paying customers, and two big features on the ship should be working, as they are advertised and included in our fare (as so many things aren't!)

Nothing wrong with wanting everything that's been promised to you, no? ;)

THe email that is posted in response to this from the boat is that the slide is closed and will remain close for the next and possible the 2 and 3rd one. I have a hard time believing they will not open it for the very expensive fare hike of Xmas. I am not happy about this but they will not do anything for us at all.

Dennis, this is the number I called:

I think if they get calls and complaints, it might light a fire under somebody's nether regions ;)

Yes, Marion, of course we will all have a great time on our cruise no matter what. But actually we DO have some control -- we are paying customers, and two big features on the ship should be working, as they are advertised and included in our fare (as so many things aren't!)

Nothing wrong with wanting everything that's been promised to you, no? ;)

I 100% agree with you and its not being negative but if i pay for service i expect to get it no excuse

thanks for see my side

Dennis

THe email that is posted in response to this from the boat is that the slide is closed and will remain close for the next and possible the 2 and 3rd one. I have a hard time believing they will not open it for the very expensive fare hike of Xmas. I am not happy about this but they will not do anything for us at all.

This is horrible. How do you do a refurb and not have a major entertainment venue inspected and ready to use in time? I feel bad for all of you who are booked on the next couple of cruises.

I hope they have it open by the time we are sailing in February. I know my kids aren't going to be happy that the bowling alley was removed and this will just be another punch to the gut if it isn't open.

So they said it can be closed for 2 or 3 more cruises

Dennis

Where did you get that info, Heather?

ONe of the other sites we cannot mention on here....A member is in a suite so she contacted her contact who contacted the boat, plus one of the members here who got us all those amazing pictures also has the same information, def not the sailing leaving tomorrow and possibly the one after as well...

I just called no one at NCL has a clue its really sad how they get your money and not give you what you pay for. I should get onboard credit or something

Dennis

While I agree totally with you, it will never happen. Sad but very true. I did have to send an email out to well lets just say some of the right people and I put it as a PS on the bottom saying this mom is not happy she has to explain to her two children that the ship we picked due to the perfect slide for the younger kids and because of this slide it was chosen. I should send them a picture of the crying and the screaming that will happen when I break the news.....

While I agree totally with you, it will never happen. Sad but very true. I did have to send an email out to well lets just say some of the right people and I put it as a PS on the bottom saying this mom is not happy she has to explain to her two children that the ship we picked due to the perfect slide for the younger kids and because of this slide it was chosen. I should send them a picture of the crying and the screaming that will happen when I break the news.....

I have to laugh because we all didn't even know what kind of slide or if there was even going to be a slide after the renovation was completed.

I have to laugh because we all didn't even know what kind of slide or if there was even going to be a slide after the renovation was completed.

No biggie, anything I read though said it was staying and would get an uplift. I don't expect anything from them it is just disappointing that it might not be functional

Edited by heatheranderson13

and ....the Gem Bow Camera is down on the website ....and....they're using old pictures...not the nice new renovation pictures.......does NCL read this ????

The bow cam on the Gem shows were the ship

is going, right now it's on the way back. You

would not be able to see the renovations in

the inside with that cam anyway, not even

the pool deck.

Marion

Shooting in Ca today 14 people killed , and

we worry about if a slide is open or not or

if the cam is working or not.

Hug your kids and family members a little

thighter be thankful for all that you have

and the things you can do..... you just

never know what the next min will bring.

sad world that we live in, enjoy instead of

complaining over something so small.

Ok spare me the hate replies, not going to

read them anyway!

Marion

Shooting in Ca today 14 people killed , and

we worry about if a slide is open or not or

if the cam is working or not.

Hug your kids and family members a little

thighter be thankful for all that you have

and the things you can do..... you just

never know what the next min will bring.

sad world that we live in, enjoy instead of

complaining over something so small.

Ok spare me the hate replies, not going to

read them anyway!

Marion

It's ok if you don't read this....but....people can't ask questions....get opinions....throw around theories about anything else now?

No one here is comparing an amenity or activity on a ship with a shooter. It's a shame you felt it was comparable to a simple cruising question. Smh

It's ok if you don't read this....but....people can't ask questions....get opinions....throw around theories about anything else now?

No one here is comparing an amenity or activity on a ship with a shooter. It's a shame you felt it was comparable to a simple cruising question. Smh

I agree with you someone people just love to stir the pot with others. If you dont have a kid with the slid you dont understand so please watch what you say

Dennis

I just called and of course nobody at NCL was 'aware' that the slide isn't open. I made it clear that one of the reasons we chose the ship is that my boys are water slide junkies. She made a note in my reservation, and emailed two supervisors and the Gem coordinator.

She was unable to tell me why the slide had not been inspected yet. I'll follow up with them next week and see if there's any news.

And yes, I know there are tons more things to do on the ship, so no need to mention that ;)

YOU tell that to my kid!

I'm a big kid at heart, I'll be ticked too if I can't slide down that slide on my January 2 sailing!

Let's all get our emails and calls out to ncl adapt regarding the slide

I'm wondering just how say it's going to be to get it nope tied in the 6 hour turnaround timeframe on a weekend though

Of course if I were running the place that would have been forefront in my management of this issue....delegated of course to the person responsible....but you can be sure that person would have been reminded that it would take some serious scheduling to get this done

Sent from my iPad using Forums