Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

I feel bad for the cruisers that had to endure their cruise with this group of people. About eight years ago we were on vacation at a resort in PA that we would visit twice a year. Mid way through our vacation, a group similar to this rude group of people arrived at the resort. Had I not lived it or seen it with my own eyes I would never believe this story. What these people did to this beautiful resort and how the nice guests were treated were unbelievable. The clean pool became a filthy bath tub, the halls were littered with garbage, the noise level during the night was insane. I complained to the front desk but nothing was done. We packed up, got our money back for the remainder of the week and left. I wrote a letter to upper management and was told that they do not discriminate against any group of people and that large group reservations brought in revenue. Needless to say I never went back to that resort. At least I was able to pack up and leave, if I was stuck on a cruise with them I would be jumping overboard. NCL rather have this guarantee booking every year from this group than worry about the other passengers that were on this cruise. I feel bad for the lovely crew too. I love the Gem.

I feel bad for the cruisers that had to endure their cruise with this group of people. About eight years ago we were on vacation at a resort in PA that we would visit twice a year. Mid way through our vacation, a group similar to this rude group of people arrived at the resort. Had I not lived it or seen it with my own eyes I would never believe this story. What these people did to this beautiful resort and how the nice guests were treated were unbelievable. The clean pool became a filthy bath tub, the halls were littered with garbage, the noise level during the night was insane. I complained to the front desk but nothing was done. We packed up, got our money back for the remainder of the week and left. I wrote a letter to upper management and was told that they do not discriminate against any group of people and that large group reservations brought in revenue. Needless to say I never went back to that resort. At least I was able to pack up and leave, if I was stuck on a cruise with them I would be jumping overboard. NCL rather have this guarantee booking every year from this group than worry about the other passengers that were on this cruise. I feel bad for the lovely crew too. I love the Gem.

Yes. I wish I could say I was exaggerating. I stuck up for the crew and I will stick up for them again. Nobody should be treated like that

I wouldn't necessarily shy away from cruising out of NYC this time of year, we were on the same itinerary last year (1/19/15) and had a very different experience, there were less than 30 kids on board total. I wouldn't say it's a given that this week will be like this, just I suppose a higher likelihood.

I'm not sure of the best way to give the feedback to NCL because they likely couldn't have known how bad it would get and couldn't rightly deny any paying guests a ticket. It's just unfortunate that it has tainted so many other experiences.

I suggest that all that were on this cruise submit a complaint to NCL:

http://www.ncl.com/case-submission

I submitted my report and suggested that NCL ban this group in the future from cruising on all NCL ships.

I described the events that took place on the ship and indicated that the fantastic GEM crew and passengers and their children and grandchildren were continually harrassed throughout the cruise.

I also suggested that if the Captain sent more people off sooner it would set an example and perhaps their behaviour would have changed earlier during the cruise (but I doubt it).

I also let them know that many people on this cruise vowed never again to cruise with NCL and would seek other cruise lines.

Don

Good for you Don..;)

The more I read about this group

the disscusted I'm getting . We

Cruise in May , June, and Oct

and hope we are safe from this

Group .

We have been on the Gem 4 times

and never had any bad experience .

That's why we keep going every year!

I submitted my report and suggested that NCL ban this group in the future from cruising on all NCL ships.

I described the events that took place on the ship and indicated that the fantastic GEM crew and passengers and their children and grandchildren were continually harrassed throughout the cruise.

I also suggested that if the Captain sent more people off sooner it would set an example and perhaps their behaviour would have changed earlier during the cruise (but I doubt it).

I also let them know that many people on this cruise vowed never again to cruise with NCL and would seek other cruise lines.

Don

I agree with you. Everyone on this cruise should submit a complaint and attach any photos and videos that they have. You should all get future OBC or money back IMO. Let us know if you get a response from NCL.

I have a letter ready to go. Emailing tonight. Phone call follow up in 10 days. I am addicted to ncl so I hope they do right by all of us and more importantly the crew for dealing with it with nothing short of a smile.

Don

I agree with you. My letter is being emailed and mailed out shortly. Phone call to follow in 10 days. I am addicted to ncl and hope they do right by all of us. But more importantly I hope they do right by the crew. They displayed nothing short of a smile.