Quick question on early saver

PSkinner

We have an ocean view room book with an assigned room number. Final payment is due 11/17. With sale that is going now for past guest with $100 OBC (this is for unassigned room) can we price match to it if we give up our cabin and go with whatever they give us?

TIA

You asked if you could price match to it. You can't under Early Saver.

You would have to cancel and re-book under the new fare. I suspect it would be a wash ($50pp penalty in exchange for $100 OBC) but you give up your cabin assignment and go with the luck of the draw.

My suggestion would be to stay put.

not wanting to price match the cabin but give up our assigned room for an unassigned room.

Our PVP, who is pretty knowledgeable, says they will let you do this ONCE, you have to give-up your cabin and any further ES price-matching. Ken

it will save us $1000 plus get $100 OBC. Can't hurt to call again and see what they say.

There will usually be penalties but if you are saving that much it might be worth it. What will most likely happen is they will cancel you and rebook you under the different fare, which will lose you $50 per person with the rest of your deposit being applied to the new booking. Just remember that you won't get any future price matches. If the person you talk to says they can't do it, call again and get someone else until you find one that will.

There will usually be penalties but if you are saving that much it might be worth it. What will most likely happen is they will cancel you and rebook you under the different fare' date=' which will lose you $50 per person with the rest of your deposit being applied to the new booking. Just remember that you won't get any future price matches. If the person you talk to says they can't do it, call again and get someone else until you find one that will.[/quote']

If i can get this price drop i wouldn't even worry about looking for others. $50 per person change fee is not an issue since I will save enough for another cruise. Now to talk DH into it. We will be giving up a Scenic Ov for the 12 day repositioning cruise so he is not really wanting to change; I am really torn as to what to do..... Sale ends 11/13 and final pay is due 11/17.

I wouldn't give up my scenic oceanview. See what it will cost to cancel and rebook that same room. Once you cancel that room will show up and it's bound to be lower than what you originally booked it for since prices have dropped so much. Maybe you can choose that room and save as well - just not as much as if you had gone to a guarantee.

I wouldn't give up my scenic oceanview. See what it will cost to cancel and rebook that same room. Once you cancel that room will show up and it's bound to be lower than what you originally booked it for since prices have dropped so much. Maybe you can choose that room and save as well - just not as much as if you had gone to a guarantee.

These cabins have been sold out since February. I doubt they would have a price for them even if I cancelled. I can ask and see what they say.

If you cancel the cabin, it will be open and automatically reprice. I did something similar last year with my grand scenic. Only I wasn't booked early saver, so I was able to switch to an open 6J then switch right back to my 6K. The prices had dropped so much, I knew it only made sense that the 6K would be lower too.

If you cancel the cabin, it will be open and automatically reprice. I did something similar last year with my grand scenic. Only I wasn't booked early saver, so I was able to switch to an open 6J then switch right back to my 6K. The prices had dropped so much, I knew it only made sense that the 6K would be lower too.

Did they give you the price BEFORE your canceled? I am afraid if I were to try that i would lose the cabin. If I can get DH on board it would not matter so much but if he doesn't want to and i cancel then can't get it back; could be trouble for me:(

Right now balcony are only $185 more so I guess I could switch to a balcony; I know I can upgrade

I honestly don't blame him for not wanting to lose the scenic oceanview, so don't cancel anyway unless he's onboard. But if you do, just check to see what price the cabin comes up as before you go to the guarantee rate. You never know. No the price didn't show up before I switched, but I knew it would be considerably lower as the balconies had dropped way lower than my cabin price. I wound up saving over $500.