Hotel near Miami beach with shuttle to POM

pepitared

You don't mention a budget. :confused:

However know that the hotels with shuttles from MIA will be near the airport, not the port. Not ideal if you have the day.

Your date should allow for hotels in downtown. Look at the Hampton Inn in Brickell, Intercontinental , Holiday Inn, Hyatt or Marriot in downtown.

For your specific date I think I'd use a discount site. You'll get a really nice hotel for under $ 150.

Edited by eandj

Ahhhh, yes budget. Like to keep around $200. So downtown is best option? I am clueless, my apologies. I wasn't sure if transferred from airport to POM would be best route and if so maybe we could have shuttle from hotel to airport to catch the transfer to POM

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't mention a budget. :confused:

However know that the hotels with shuttles from MIA will be near the airport, not the port. Not ideal if you have the day.

Your date should allow for hotels in downtown. Look at the Hampton Inn in Brickell, Intercontinental , Holiday Inn, Hyatt or Marriot in downtown.

For your specific date I think I'd use a discount site. You'll get a really nice hotel for under $ 150.

And I appreciate your help 😃

I wouldn't plan your stay for shuttles. From MIA to downtown via cab will run around 25$. From hotel to port about 10-15$. I checked lastminutetravel.com. You can get B2 Hotel for 126$. A great location and value. Or upgrade a bit to the Intercontinental for 156$.

You really have lots of choices under your budget.

These 2 hotels are a quick 5 min. walk from Bayshore Mall with restaurants, shops and tours available. Read the threads here for others.:)

Is this for 2 adults?

Edited by eandj

Downtown hotels are closest to POM, but you might want to stay in Miami Beach - particularly South Beach, which is the "Miami" you see in the movies and TV shows; great dining, nightlife, people watching and a wonderful beach!

Cab to SB from MIA will cost about $32+tip; another $15 cab ride will get you to POM the next day. Pull up Google Maps for an orientation view of the greater Miami area.

Good luck! :)

Do either of you know much about the Doubletree or Sheraton near airport?

Also are the hotels near SB in walking distance for great sight seeing

The south beach area is very walkable. I'd spend time researching the area before choosing a hotel, if you decide to stay there.

Look at reviews of any airport hotels On tripadvisor.com. Some are near nothing. If you want an airport chain, I'd only look in the Blue Lagoon airport area. There are at least a few restaurants. Still not the ideal area if you have time to take in the city.

Do either of you know much about the Doubletree or Sheraton near airport? The airport hotels are fine if you are flying in late and just want a room (and maybe dinner) for the night - the area is not attractive and you are a $25-30+ cab ride from downtown/SB

Also are the hotels near SB in walking distance for great sight seeing

You will see lots of sights in South Beach - from people watching to interesting architecture to art gallaries to amazing pools to topless beaches. :eek:

Good luck - two very different options.

Stayed last week at the Edgewater boutique hotel, loved it, and the 150 Airport Flyer was also great (even though it was an old and leak regular bus doing the service instead of the advertised wifi equipped deluxe bus ;) ).

No shuttles but a $10-15 cab from SoBe/Oceandrive to PoM. Very doable!