The ugly shoe vs. Jane's shoe

Here is the polar opposite to Jane's lovely shoes in the thread "I won". Saw these in the Sunday Kohl's ad this morning and couldn't believe what an unfortunate marriage of styles they came up with to design this shoe. They call it a wedge moccasin. Hmm, is it a moc, maybe it's a penny loafer? Maybe just ugly? And a 3" wedge on either of those styles? I think not. Back to the drawing board, designers of Apt. 9 shoes!

113690_Purple?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

Armchairtraveler,

Thanks for the laugh! These shoes are what we would call "butt ugly" in high school! LOL!

Jane

oh and thanks for the compliment about my shoes. they should arrive by wednesday. i can't wait!

They call it a wedge moccasin. Hmm, is it a moc, maybe it's a penny loafer? Maybe just ugly? And a 3" wedge on either of those styles? I think not. Back to the drawing board, designers of Apt. 9 shoes!

Everyone has their "what was I thinking moment".

I guess this designer had a BIG one!

What a waste of perfectly good purple.

~e

Those shoes are Exhibit 1 in my assertion that just because someone is a well known fashion designer does not mean they always have flawless taste and impeccable judgment.

You think "Apt 9" is a well known fashion designer? I don't think so! LOL!

Jane

Ok girls here it is:

Michael Kors, $160 at Neiman Marcus. In this color and also in Whiskey(tan)

The description says "Preppy meets bohemian-chic on this funky suede wedge"

I am not kidding. This is a designer shoe. This is not Kohls or TJ Maxx. This is Neiman Marcus.

It is also sold at Saks.

I have seen my lots of expensive, designer really ugly shoes. I have seen shoes that look like, what can I say. It just seems that if I were to put them on, I would be unable to take a step because I would be paralyzed by feeling yuckky. :(

Here's the link if you want to see the whole page.

Shoes

Linda ;)

NMX5501_mn.jpg.637a9636e5b0b91b6189cff954170077.jpg

During my high school days back in those crazy '80's, I made a few errors in judgment regarding my wardrobe (shoulder pads WITH plaid and day-glo gloves????):eek:

Some day, decades from now some poor woman is going to look back at her whiskey colored funky suede moc and question her own judgment.

Let's hope she has good friends to pull her through those dark days.

~e

I've read that you should not wear anything (and have your picture taken) that will embarrass you 10 years from now.

Maybe if you put these together with a totally trendy outfit, they would not be as noticeable, not stand out as a really ugly pair of shoes. I think these are shoes only for the brave and funky.

On me, with my "mom" jeans and classic styled shirts/tops, they would look stupid and I should not be allowed out of the house.

I personally think they are ugly, but as one lady said, perhaps with the right outfit, the right age of the person wearing them (I'm so not there anymore) and the right body type, it might be "funky cute".

But remember trendy today can be ugly tomorrow and ugly today can be trendy tomorrow.

I saw a young woman (probably 18-20) wearing a chocolate colored pair of shoes similar to this yesterday on campus.

Could not believe she was wearing them in this heat, but she pulled it off with her outfit. Still not me though. I like my shoes to be a bit more taylored, and I have never been a fan of "bulky" shoes.

Whatever does it for ya sister.

~e

I remember my 8th grade teacher wearing something similar to this. And that was back in the late 70's.

That could be one reason some of us don't care for this style...we've seen it before.

Although I've seen some of the 80's styles back on campus this week. Scary.

~e

Archived