Is cabin tap water safe?

Begete

IMHO, tap water is ok to brush your teeth with, but I would not drink it. It is a little on the lukewarm side and also has a very high sodium content. I would stick with Martinis to drink. :D

A Cosmo before bedtime...yum!

Ships water is just fine. As good or better than some bottled water. The water and system is inspected twice a year by the CDC. Plus on Celebrity the steward keeps a carraffe full rather than like on other lines they leave a bottle of water for sale.

for drinking? for brushing teeth?

We will be on Constellation in Baltics

Thank you.

Hi, I do not know how "safe" it is......but I have been drinking it during both of our cruises on the Constellation.......I liked it.......and I am still 'here'.

Wes

for drinking? for brushing teeth?

We will be on Constellation in Baltics

Thank you.

Depending upon the itinerary, you'll have some percentage of land supplied water and fresh water actually created on the ship. You'll know when the percentage of the latter has started to go up because you'll find it harder and harder to rinse off the soap in the shower! Can't get much "fresher" than that!

If Celebrity finds it necessary to procure any water from land-based sources while you're in the Baltics (my guess would be no, due to prices there), you'll be getting whatever tap water is available in the area.

In any case - it's all potable.

When I first saw this question, I thought the OP was joking. But realize if they are a first time cruiser that this is a legitimate question.

Of course the water is safe to drink. It is probably safer to drink than what most of us get in our homes. Of course, it may not be a "tasty???" as Aquafina or other bottled water, but water is water.

The water and ice provided in the cabin (and throughout the ship for that matter . . . . which comes from the same source) are totally safe to drink.

As a long time bottled water drinker, I was thrilled with the taste of the water on the Infinity. Since it was an Alaska cruise, I'm not sure of its source, but its taste was as good as anything I can buy in a bottle. My cabin attendant had to refill the carafe at least twice a day!

:D

Susan

Archived