Verizon eGift card and Travel Agent?

mcarney

At the bottom of the eGift card has a statement with regard to Travel Agencies ...

Has anyone had their Travel Agent apply the Verizon eGift card to make payments on their cruise? I've heard some of the online TA (Expedia, example) wouldn't or couldn't apply to the customer's balance, while some folks said no problem.... UGH!!!

Some friends and I have booked a cruise via our PVP, but then found a group booking through a TA that is offering great perks for going with them ... but we want to make sure that we can pay off our cruises with the Verizon eGift cards before joining the group.

Attached is a screen print of the language on the eGift card

TIA

1613142720_VerizonGC.jpg.47c746574c67d9aaf13901f9c85e6a7c.jpg

At the bottom of the eGift card has a statement with regard to Travel Agencies ...

Has anyone had their Travel Agent apply the Verizon eGift card to make payments on their cruise? I've heard some of the online TA (Expedia, example) wouldn't or couldn't apply to the customer's balance, while some folks said no problem.... UGH!!!

Some friends and I have booked a cruise via our PVP, but then found a group booking through a TA that is offering great perks for going with them ... but we want to make sure that we can pay off our cruises with the Verizon eGift cards before joining the group.

Attached is a screen print of the language on the eGift card

TIA

I purchased the verizon egift cards after making a cruise reservation with my TA. When I went in to my TA to apply the egift card to the balance, the computer system would not allow it. She then called carnival and tried to talk them into it, with out any luck. I went home and tried calling carnival, the next day, to try to apply the Verizon egift card and they would not allow it, since the cruise was booked by a TA.

I ended up going back to my TA and canceling with them, and booked it myself. I did end up with a lower rate, and refundable OBC (due to a sale going on) plus the 10% discount from using the Verizon egift card.

My TA did mention that prior to last payment I could change the booking to be controlled by the TA, if I wanted.

I am a TA and have applied the e-cards successfully several times. I have even used them on my own personal bookings. Before I bought my first one, I called Carnival to ask them because I had seen the verbiage, but had also heard of people being able to apply them. Carnival said that they had no idea why it even said anything about the TA restriction. The link that it refers you to for the T&C DOES NOT say that they cannot be used on TA bookings. They are extremely easy to apply as a payment in GOCCL so I'm not sure why some people have had issues. :confused:

I JUST called my TA earlier today to verify I could use gift cards for payment. She told me any form of payment that is accepted for Carnival directly can be used for payment through them. I had her notate my account, but she seemed perplexed as to why I had so much concern. She said they simply call Carnival and apply the gift card # just as if I was calling myself.

I had some issues with making final payment with the eGift cards. My TA said that she could not do it because she needed to "enter an expiration date" in the payment field. The cards have no expiration. She called Carnival directly and was told she could not use them. After reading success stories on CC, I called the TA back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I told her about others being able to do it and she called Carnival again. End result, I could use them, but the TA had to get Carnival to directly enter the eGift cards numbers on their system.

I book through a family member who is a TA. I sign on to her Goccl page to make my payments. The Verizon e-gift cards worked fine. I used 3 of them to pay off my next cruise. It was very simple and right in the regular payment set-up. Hopefully you can get this figured out. Edited to add that I know the other certificates offered by the Verizon program have had various issues. I am talking strictly the e-gift cards.

Edited by Athankfulheart

My cruise is paid for... how do I apply the Verizon e-cards? Or can I... Seems like a great deal...

Hi ... Just bring the print out on board and either go to guest services or a kiosk to apply the money to your S&S account :)