S5 suite??? ship tour?? HELP!!

DONNAKG

Hi all- we just booked the Regal Feb 15, '15..!!! yeah we are letting Princess

choose in the S5 catagory suite . ,,,at this time it seems just the forward is

available. Has anyone stayed in these as it says it has A SLOPING WALL??

also has anyone taken the ships tour?? if so,, what all did you get to see & what is the price???

thanks Donnakg:confused::confused:

Can't answer your question about the cabin.

I take it you're talking about the Ultimate Ship's Tour - $150 pp. Worth every penny in my opinion.

You have to sign up at Passenger Services once you board - you can't sign up ahead of time. It's usually held once a cruise on a sea day. Usually limited to 12 people. DH and I were numbers 12 and 13 to sign up so we had 13 on our tour.

We left at 1:00 pm and finished at around 4:30. We went all over the ship:

Backstage at the theater

A forward area where the anchors and forward mooring lines are (have no idea what it's called)

Galley - including some of the food storage areas - had canapes and drinks there

Print shop

Photo lab

Medical center

Laundry

Engine control room

We climbed up a couple of ladders to where some of the ventilation system, electrical system, etc. is located

The bridge - more canapes and champagne when you're finished

At each place the officer in charge tells you about what goes on there and then answers questions.

One of the ships photographers came along and took pictures of the group in several areas.

You get a bunch of goodies - one of the really nice bathrobes (which I think are priced at $80 on the Princess web site), a chef's apron, picture frame along with 8x10 and 5x7 prints of the pictures taken, and a personalized note pad.

We had a couple of guys with our group who were quite knowledgeable about ships and they were asking really good question so we learned a lot.

We just sailed the Regal 3 night and were in D122, one of the forward suites on Dolphin deck. It was a beautiful and very large suite.

I'm sorry, but I didn't take any pictures, but I'll try to describe it. You walk into the living area, which is about the size of most Princess suite living room areas. The bathroom is split, as is also typical in Princess suites. One section of the bathroom has a sink and toilet, while the other part has a sink, bathtub, and large shower. There is a door between the two areas.

The bedroom is huge! There is a large forward facing window in front of the bed, complete with a very heavy window treatment to block out the sun. There is a tremendous amount of storage space and a desk/ make-up area. There is a sloping wall at the front, but the room is so large that you won't be negatively impacted.

The negatives? The balcony is long, but very narrow. We really missed a wider balcony, since we spend a lot of time on it. Also, the there was an intermittent creaking sound from the front window, which awakened me off and on all night. I'm a light sleeper, so it might not bother others, but it had a big impact on my sleep.

Overall, we thought the room was lovely.

Enjoy your suite!

Edited by cruis247g

We just sailed the Regal 3 night and were in D122, one of the forward suites on Dolphin deck. It was a beautiful and very large suite.

I'm sorry, but I didn't take any pictures, but I'll try to describe it. You walk into the living area, which is about the size of most Princess suite living room areas. The bathroom is split, as is also typical in Princess suites. One section of the bathroom has a sink and toilet, while the other part has a sink, bathtub, and large shower. There is a door between the two areas.

The bedroom is huge! There is a large forward facing window in front of the bed, complete with a very heavy window treatment to block out the sun. There is a tremendous amount of storage space and a desk/ make-up area. There is a sloping wall at the front, but the room is so large that you won't be negatively impacted.

The negatives? The balcony is long, but very narrow. We really missed a wider balcony, since we spend a lot of time on it. Also, the there was an intermittent creaking sound from the front window, which awakened me off and on all night. I'm a light sleeper, so it might not bother others, but it had a big impact on my sleep.

Enjoy your suite!

Can you access the toilet separately from the living room and bedroom like Grand class vista suites?

They are similar. One enters the part of the bathroom with the toilet and sink from the living room and enters the shower and bath portion from the bedroom. There is a door between the two portions of the bathroom. It's like having a powder room for your guests if you have a gathering in the suite.

Edited by cruis247g

WOW! thanks for the info. We took the tour on a Carnival back when the price was $100 each LOL. Sounds like they hit about the same. We saw the captains dinner area , the brig , the morgue , employees cafeteria etc.

THe suite also sounds like the one Princess upgraded us to in Aug. on the Royal.:)

We paid for a mini- got the Owners Suite... incredible,,, how lucky is that??

We prefer the aft but those were gone already so we shall see what they choose for us????

happy sailing-

Donnakg

• 4 weeks later...

I take it you're talking about the Ultimate Ship's Tour - $150 pp. Worth every penny in my opinion.

You have to sign up at Passenger Services once you board - you can't sign up ahead of time. It's usually held once a cruise on a sea day. Usually limited to 12 people. DH and I were numbers 12 and 13 to sign up so we had 13 on our tour.

Congratulations Sparky-ElPaso on getting to take the UST. We signed up for it while on the Regal last month, but so many people signed up that a lottery was held. We were jumping up and down happy to see the Ultimate Ship Tour envelopes by our door, but disappointed when they turned out to be "sorry, you weren't picked" letters.

A couple from our Roll Call did get chosen and they said it was fantastic.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the info on D122. We are in D122 on the November 15th cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. There is a video of a premium suite on YouTube showing a forward suite - and it looks just like you describe. Go to YouTube type in Regal Princess premium suite. It shows the sloping wall - doesn't look that bad. Is there two closets. Can you tell me what extras you received being in the premium suite. thank you Happyasaclam

• 2 weeks later...

We will have D122 in November. Could you tell me what perks you actually received. Did you get priority check in? Did you receive the complimentary liquor and the free dinner at Sabatini's. Anything else you can tell me about Regal Princess would be appreciated. thanks happyasaclam.2015

Enjoy your suite!

We will have D122 in November. Could you tell me what perks you actually received. Did you get priority check in? Did you receive the complimentary liquor and the free dinner at Sabatini's. Anything else you can tell me about Regal Princess would be appreciated. thanks happyasaclam.2015
We have been in a full suite on five cruises. You will get all of the benefits listed on the website with a couple of exceptions. If your cruise is less than 6 days you are not entitled to a free specialty restaurant dinner the first evening, but sometimes those with 1-5 day cruises are surprised. The Royal and Regal have the larger Enclave rather than the Thermal Suite and on those 2 ships the Enclave is not complementary for full suite passengers. Only the Royal and Regal have a Concierge Lounge and you will have access. Because the Royal and Regal have complementary Video on Demand programming, there are no CD/DVD players in the suites. Although suites have preferred Anytime Dining reservations you still may not be able to book in the busy time between 6:00 and 7:30. Edited by IECalCruiser

We have been in a full suite on five cruises. You will get all of the benefits listed on the website with a couple of exceptions. If your cruise is less than 6 days you are not entitled to a free specialty restaurant dinner the first evening, but sometimes those with 1-5 day cruises are surprised. The Royal and Regal have the larger Enclave rather than the Thermal Suite and on those 2 ships the Enclave is not complementary for full suite passengers. Only the Royal and Regal have a Concierge Lounge and you will have access. Because the Royal and Regal have complementary Video on Demand programming, there are no CD/DVD players in the suites. Although suites have preferred Anytime Dining reservations you still may not be able to book in the busy time between 6:00 and 7:30.

Thank you for all the info. I have the pdf file noting everything we are "suppose" to get. I don't know what the enclave and thermal suite are. We are down for first seating for dining. Again thank you for the additional info.