Help needed with Captains Circle please!

ellie1145

On trying to complete our online check in for our Royal Princess cruise I discovered that our children (Adult) have been demoted from Platinum to Ruby Level and we have been demoted from Elite (received documentation to that effect on our last cruise) to Platinum.

After a frustrating hour spent on the phone it appears that their records are shambolic and my husband is missing 7 cruises and my children 3 each. They are asking me to prove we were on these cruises but they go back 14 years, long before I kept computerised records, so this will be difficult, and my first cruise was in 1971 so I have no records of that!

What on earth can we do? I have copies of their boarding passes for a cruise 4 years ago which Princess say they did not cruise on so this proves it is THEIR mistake, but does anyone have any advice please?

The frustrating thing is that this has happened before and we thought it was sorted. But their records appear to corrupted.

Help please!:eek:

Edited by ellie1145

Sorry you have never heard of the word 'shambolic.' It is in common usage in the UK.

The definition, as it appears in the dictionary, is as follows:

Shambolic - adjective. Chaotic, disorganised, muddled, confused, haphazard, in total disarray, inefficient, fragmented, hit and miss. Etc etc.

Sorry you have never heard of the word 'shambolic.' It is in common usage in the UK.

Shambolic - adjective. Chaotic, disorganised, muddled, confused, haphazard, in total disarray, inefficient, fragmented, hit and miss. Etc etc.

Thank you for the explanation... no, that's one I had never heard of. I learned something today!

When I was in the Navy we had a term that had a similar meaning ---Fubar.

I like the term Shambolic. It seems to be a good term to describe our current government.

If you booked through a TA, I'd call them and ask them to straighten it out. If you didn't use a TA, I'd call back and ask to speak to the Captain's Circle, not a rep. If they won't, ask to speak to a Supervisor. Don't take, "No" for an answer.

Ellie, do you/they perhaps have the kids' platinum cards from any prior cruise? The documentation when you turned elite? Those should do it by themselves. If not, search your records, as well as mementos and photos, and anything else showing you were on the supposed 'missed' cruises which would be helpful. I do think they will eventually get it corrected, but it my take a while. And this time, when they get it sorted, make copies of your My Princess page which shows your prior cruises. And maybe obtain the name of someone at Princess to contact if this should happen again. Twice is two times too many.

From the Princess website menu bar go to:

Help\Princess Captain's Circle\Questions\Contact Us>>

This will bring you to form that can be submitted directly to the Captain's Circle Rep, rather than the regular Princess Reps. Or they can be emailed at captainscircle@princesscruises.com

I have gotten responses pretty quickly when contacting them that way.

After each cruise, I go in and print a copy of my Cruise History.

Good Luck, hope you can get it straightened out.

I have seen and heard of cruises being credited when folks were able to produce items such as receipts, and other memorabilia from those cruises. I know a couple who were able to get credit for two cruises taken over ten years ago by submitting pictures from those cruises. To a degree, the onboard Captains Circle Host can add cruises if presented enough "evidence"

"Two nations divided by a common language." :)

When my adult children booked on Carnival the cruise line said there was no record of the sailing previously on Carnival which they had as children. The cruiseline accepted dated photos from the cruises to prove they had been on the ships. Maybe you have some photos.....especially embarkation photos that Princess would accept.

On trying to complete our online check in for our Royal Princess cruise I discovered that our children (Adult) have been demoted from Platinum to Ruby Level and we have been demoted from Elite (received documentation to that effect on our last cruise) to Platinum.

After a frustrating hour spent on the phone it appears that their records are shambolic and my husband is missing 7 cruises and my children 3 each. They are asking me to prove we were on these cruises but they go back 14 years, long before I kept computerised records, so this will be difficult, and my first cruise was in 1971 so I have no records of that!

What on earth can we do? I have copies of their boarding passes for a cruise 4 years ago which Princess say they did not cruise on so this proves it is THEIR mistake, but does anyone have any advice please?

The frustrating thing is that this has happened before and we thought it was sorted. But their records appear to corrupted.

Ellie: did you call the Captain Circle number or the main number? If you don't have the designated number this is it for the UK:

023-8065-6742

For US and Canada: 800-788-1699

Hi Ellie

Agree wholeheartedly that you should contact captains circle Southampton direct, either by e mail, or telephone at the number given above. We had the same problem a year or so ago,when over 20 cruises and 200 days disappeared from our cruise history. At the time we were given a direct line and a personal e mail address by one of the captain's circle staff who were so very helpful (I think his name was Sven) who was wonderful. Everything was returned to status quo though. What we do now,is retain one of our cruise cards from the previous cruise which shows,the number of cruises taken in bottom right hand corner, and ALWAYS take a printed copy of our cruise history with us on every cruise, which we get from our cruise profile on cruise personalised.

I am sure that they will be able,to sort things out, especially if, like us, you have proof of your status 4 cruises ago.

Hope this helps.

Edited by crows nest club

When my adult children booked on Carnival the cruise line said there was no record of the sailing previously on Carnival which they had as children.

The difference in the OP's situation is that it sounds as though they had the higher status but had it removed as opposed to not having had it due to records problems such as having been children on the earlier cruises.

It could be a computer glitch that removed some past cruises but could it be some other audit was done? Some CC credits are from other cruise lines that Princess purchased in the past such as P&O? Could the missing cruises be related to one of these other cruise companies?

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector