What is the WORST CASE SCENARIO for Inside Guarantee?

Aldeya

We can get a great deal for Dawn Oct 9 cruise but we have to book the lowest inside guarantee cabin. Never booked guarantee before.

What is the worst case scenario can we expect (it's a great deal money wise for 10 days cruise)?

If someone used inside guarantee before I'd appreciate any input.

TIA

AS immargaret put it, the worst is the lowest deck, inside cabin, but Oct is not the most popular travel month. You may get a higher deck or my some chance an outside cabin. If you really did get a great price just be happy and pray for something a little better than bottom or the bottom. Remember you won't spend that much time in your cabin. Although I do not like inside cabins I know some who would not book anything else. Happy cruisin,

NMNita

Hi there!

We just got back from the Majesty today and had a fabulous time! We were VERY nervous as we had booked 2 standard inside guarantee cabins (lowest category) and had no idea it meant we could not get our rooms close together.

We found out that the two cabins were in very different locations, one was upgraded up a deck and in the front the other was on the lowest deck (3 on Majesty) Mid ship. The ship was sold out so no changes were possible, we sucked it up and used the phones and walkie talkies to communicate. Of the two rooms, the lower midship room was actually better in that it was much quieter and a lot less motion. The room that was 4 categories higher was not in a good location, far from elevators, end of hall where kids like to run, under the lounge where a band plays all night and right near the stabalizers(?) that make lound clanking noises when the ship is on rocky seas. We slept fine as we were beat but the lower category was better.

We were called two weeks prior and offered an oceanview for a small amount of money, would have taken it but was trying to save money where we could.

I would recommend booking guarantee if you want to save money and size and location are not important. You can be surprised where you will end up. We would book guarantee again if we only want one room, not for more than one room. The cruise itself and staff from NCL were amazing!

Have a wonderful cruise and make the most out of any room you end up with-you are only there to sleep and shower ;)

~Cheryl

Hey,

If you can get a good price, go for it. On one cruise we ended up with a cabin next to the forward elevators. Know what? Never heard them - or people - once. If you're worried about what deck you're on, I'd look at what inside cabin categories are located on higher decks and book a guarantee for one of those - then you're at least guaranteed that, and no less. Hope that helps!!

Booking a guarantee is kind of a crapshoot, plus you get the leftovers. Sometimes it is a good thing, sometimes it doesn't work out so well. The only time we ever booked a guarantee we got exactly what we booked. But, we were able to get an OV for only $20 more than an inside, so it was worth it to us no matter what cabin we were assigned.

The most important thing to remember is you are guaranteed that level or higher, you are not guaranteed an upgrade. If you book at normally busy times of year, you probably will not be upgraded. Off season, your chance of upgrades are better.

If you want to make sure you get a (less noisy) cabin, don't book guarantee. Make sure you book on a cabin in between decks that also have cabins. Or, pay close attention to the brochure so you know what is above and below your cabin. We have found we actually like cabins that are close to the elevators, we get lost often, so it's easier to locate our cabin.

We like to get the best deal possible so we always book the lowest guarantee possible. We have always been assigned a cabin at least 1 catagory up (twice from inside to OV) until this last cruise when we got exactly what we booked which was fine - we aren't picky and just want to be on the ship for the best deal available. I don't know is this makes a difference or not but always before we booked the lowest category of which there are only 3 cabins and none showed available on NCL's website and we got bumped up. This last cruise the best deal was a J guarantee of which several cabins still showed available 2 1/2 weeks out and thats exactly what we got. So if you aren't picky and can live with the category you book if you have to go for it - if its a category in which there are only a few cabins on the ship and none are showing available chances are you will get bumped up but don't let it ruin your vacation it you aren't.

Thanks a lot everyone for your input.

We were still debating this but finally took the plunge. The deal was just too good to pass.

We will see how it goes. Afterall as we all here know, the cruise is what you make of it! We'll do our best to enjoy it no matter what.

Thanks again.:)

KDG51,

We were on deck 4 directly in the front where we heard the noise. Not sure if this is all cabins in front or just the lower decks. It was only loud on the day we rode the rough seas.

~Cheryl

I sailed on the dawn a month ago. I booked a inside Cat N guarantee (which is a deck 4 inside room - lowest you can get) . . . I got upgraded to a inside room on deck 9.

Some say the lower and more to the middle of the ship the less you feel the movement.

You could be on a high deck and compalin of noise... so its really a crap shoot.

Either way you'll have a great time.

I was very surprised with the inside cabin... a bit more room then i thought it would have .... a great closet space...small vanity and dest!

When we booked our NCL cruise we knew nothing of guarantees and upgrades.

We booked a ocean view room in a category which was on the lowest deck, and had a porthole for a window. We had been in such a room before and were very happy. I failed to notice that the reservation said guarantee rather than having a cabin number.

When the tickets came through I checked the room location and was surprised it was not on the lowest deck. I was even more surprised to find that we had been "upgraded" to a room with the view listed as totally obstructed by a lifeboat. We pleaded that we not be "upgraded" in this manner since we had booked an ocean view room to get an ocean view and asked to be downgraded. Due to a very helpful TA, our reservation was changed a room where we could indeed have an ocean view, although I gather this was very hard to do.

Next time I know to ask for a specific cabin number at the time of booking in order to avoid this.

All inside cabins are the same except for the location, and possibly some wheelchair accessible cabins. If you look at the deck plans, there are very few minimum category inside cabins, so the chance of an "upgrade" is very good.

Last year, we booked 2 inside guarantees for the family. Our TA cross referenced the reservations, so we ended up with two cabins very close to each other on deck 5. Deck 5 is one of the lower decks, but it was quiet and we were quite happy. Sometimes your satisfaction with a location is infulenced more by those in surrounding cabins. The Garden Villa might even be lousy is the neighbors are having loud parties all night. :)

Some hints. Only book guarantees in a minimum category that you will be happy with. Then any "upgrades" are pleasant surprises. Also, check your booking on the NCL site periodically because they sometimes assign cabins early.

Archived