New Regal Patters & Dining Room Menu

RyanMFitz1

I know this may be too early to inquire about, however, are there any pictures/scans of the new Regal Menu's and Patters.

Mom and I are planning out when we want to do specialty resturant(s) and want to do around the "formal" nights.

Thanks in advance

I know this may be too early to inquire about, however, are there any pictures/scans of the new Regal Menu's and Patters.

Mom and I are planning out when we want to do specialty restaurant(s) and want to do around the "formal" nights.

Thanks in advance

We got off the Regal earlier this month on the Transatlantic crossing and they said that they would be changing their menus for the Caribbean from that they had used while in the Med. So make sure you get the new menus from someone that has done the Caribbean since they arrived in North America this month. I must say though that the food--especially in the redesigned Horizon Court--was much better than we have had previously on other Princess ships. Or perhaps it was because the corporate executive Chef was on board during our crossing helping them get ready for the inaugural celebrations and new menu. Regardless, I am sure you will enjoy the ship and the food.

Mom and I are planning out when we want to do specialty resturant(s) and want to do around the "formal" nights.

Thanks in advance

I want to know too.

Just got off the Regal today and was not happy at all with the new menu. It seemed to be less of a variety. One night we didn't even bother because I didn't like anything and I'm not a fussy person. They didn't have 2 of my favorite things which are lamb shanks and Veal ravioli. Two nights I really had to struggle to find something. But the Buffet was a big improvement.

Assuming its the same menu as the Royal (I would expect similar) it did seem there was 1 less entree than I recall from prior cruises, about the same number of apps, maybe 1 less soup...

My friend is waitress on Regal, and I saw her today.

She told me she heard the same (less variety) from many passengers.

Always interesting that people can be on same cruise and have such opposite views of food, which is admittedly subjective. Just off maiden E. Caribbean - thought food was great - and though not finicky I certainly appreciate food quality, variety and display. The IC was great, as was Alfredo's - especially the veal ravioli! Buffet had many options every night, including prime rib, roast beef, etc. Food in main dining room was very good and service throughout was excellent. DH and I both gained a few pounds - which we don't do normally - no complaints here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Regal today and was not happy at all with the new menu. It seemed to be less of a variety. One night we didn't even bother because I didn't like anything and I'm not a fussy person. They didn't have 2 of my favorite things which are lamb shanks and Veal ravioli. Two nights I really had to struggle to find something. But the Buffet was a big improvement.

I have read wonderful things about the buffet. In your opinion, how was the quality of food?

Forgot to mention I have clean copies of the weeks patters - can have DH upload and post if any interest

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure that the OP would appreciate that since that was one of the things that they asked for when starting this thread. Also, I suspect that there are plenty of others who will be sailing soon who would like to see them (us included) :cool:. Thanks in advance!

Edited by ar1950

I thought the quality of the food and the quantity was a big improvement. The place is massive. You really must do a complete walk thru before making your selections. Also the staff is quick to clean off your table or bring you a glass of water. Plenty of seating too!!

Even though I can't speak to the Regal specifically, since they have the same layout and same EC as we had on Royal, both quality and variety wise it is far and away the best setup in the fleet, and one of the best at sea.

I have read wonderful things about the buffet. In your opinion, how was the quality of food?

Sabatinis and Crown Grill are upcharge. Ocean Terrace has some A la Carte seafood and nosh options. Gelato has a charge. IC, Alfredos, MDR, Buffet, Pastry, pool venues all included.

At certain times, sections of the buffet are blocked off for crab shack and/or fondues, which has a cover charge.

Iam curious about which of the restaurants on Regal are included in the price and which ones are an up charge.

Iam curious about which of the restaurants on Regal are included in the price and which ones are an up charge.

The best thing for you to do is to go to the Princess website and look under onboard experience. There is a wonderful PDF which lists all the venues on all the ships and answers your question. It also answers the question about the amount of the up charge.