Can anyone tell me about the dodgems and the large sunbeds

Suzieanna

Hi. Just wondeing if anybody knows, do you "book" your slot, or just turn up and queue? Is there a token that runs out, or timed slots in a group - like the i-fly seems to be? I have also spotted some large sunbeds underneath the North Star - do these belong to some "retreat" type place?

Hope someone is able to clarify. I have searched on both subjects but not found the answer... Many thanks!

To use the dodgems you just have to queue and wait your turn. Each session lasts about 5 mins. There was no pre booking when we did the TA. The cars are battery powered so there is a need to recharge them on a regular basis so there was always 3 to 4 cars out of service at any time when I was on-board. There is also a height restriction for children so you need to check at the desk if you have children. My 3 year old was not tall enough to ride on the cars with me.

The large loungers under the North star are in the indoor pool area. There are also some large loungers within the Solarium but you need to be up early in the morning to got one of these.

Edited by petermack

That's great! Thanks to you both for responding. I dont think I could face having to book in advance for if or when my gang wanted to go on a dodgem.... my head is all over the place trying to get to grips with DD!!!

I thought those big beds had "upcharge" written all over them... I don't mind that - at least people will not get up at dawn to put towels on them and then not be near them all day!

One time I won a spa day pass in an art auction... I didnt like it. It was all very well being in the VIP area and getting treated like Mariah Carey, but I felt like I was being "roped off" from all the fun. Not for me!