Bacardi Tour changes ($)

Aviator of the Seas

What time does it close? How long are the tours? We don't dock until 3:30pm and was really hoping we could make it in time.

The basic tour lasts about 45 minutes, if I recall correctly. It took us about 30 minutes to travel there.

I don't know what time they close. I do know that we asked how long the bar would be open in the pavilion since we planned to have our 'free' drink after the tour, and they told us 7pm.

Do you see any actual facilities or watch them making any of the Rum?

If this tour does not take you anywhere else in San Juan, i do not see how this tour is worth paying $45-$50.00. From what i understand the ships only Go to Bacardi right?

Well again the basic tour was only $12 each; we added on the tasting with increased the cost since we were served four glasses of rum as part of the add-on. The basic tour includes a bar drink and the souvenir glass to take home.

You do not see them make any rum. The basic tour takes you over to their welcome center where there is a film to watch on the history of Bacardi and then a walk-through that shows some of the history/artifacts of the brand and company, and an explanation of the process.

If you do one of the add-ons, you are taken to the distillery building and given more opportunity to see the grounds and learn more about the actual process that occurs in Puerto Rico.

Not sure what you mean by the 'ships only go to Bacardi'.

@msmayor

what i mean is buying a tour to Bacardi does not seem worth it and should be done on your own if your time is limited in San Juan. Maybe might be worth it as part of a highlights tour, more bang for your buck.

@msmayor

what i mean is buying a tour to Bacardi does not seem worth it and should be done on your own if your time is limited in San Juan. Maybe might be worth it as part of a highlights tour, more bang for your buck.

Ahhh...gotcha. No, it would not be worth paying for this tour through the cruise line. Its very easy to get to on your own if you are interested.

• 1 month later...
Do you remember how long the Tasting Tour lasted in addition to the 45 minute basic tour?

Hmmmm....I'm going to say another 45-60 minutes. We first walked over to the distillery building and took the elevator up to the rooftop. Great views of the entire property and the buildings/storage facilities where the rum is aged. We heard a little more about the operation there on San Juan (and its where we learned nothing is bottled in Puerto Rico...it is shipped in bulk to bottling facilities for packaging.)

We then went back downstairs and returned to the Visitor Center for the tasting. Didn't feel rushed or overly long; timing was just right to enjoy the four varieties served.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the changes, everyone wants to make a buck.

Do they still have a free shuttle service from the ferry to their location? I always tell my friends about this tour because it was free and a great way to spend a few hours in San Juan. After many cruises to San Juan people are always looking for new things to do.

Thanks I appreciate the update and hope someone has the answer about the shuttle service that also used to be free.

Marion

Sorry to hear about the changes, everyone wants to make a buck.

Do they still have a free shuttle service from the ferry to their location? I always tell my friends about this tour because it was free and a great way to spend a few hours in San Juan. After many cruises to San Juan people are always looking for new things to do.

Thanks I appreciate the update and hope someone has the answer about the shuttle service that also used to be free.

Marion

I never saw a free shuttle, coming or going.

After we exited the ferry there were a few cab drivers asking if anyone was going to Bacardi. We took a shared taxi ($3/each) to the grounds, and same for the return to the ferry. There was a taxi stand right near the pavilion.