Marriott in St. Kitts?

erineab

Has anyone ever spent the day at the Marriott in St. Kitts? I read somewhere that you can either rent a room for the day for one price, or pay per person. Just looking for any information about spending the day here, as I think that's what we would like to do.

Any other insight into good places to spend the day in St. Kitts if the Marriott isn't an option? Our party will include four children between the ages of 5-8. Thanks!!! :)

Having stayed there when the resort first opened, I can tell you that Marriot has a wonderful property with sea, pool and bar/restaurant and after reading a post by Max's Mom ( complete with pictures ) it is as nice as ever.

Perhaps Max's Mom (Jane) will see your post and supply a link to her review . She and her husband enjoy peaceful beach days and this is her favorite spot on St. Kitts.

The Marriott is on the Atlantic side, so the water is a rougher than the Caribbean side of the island. If I were to look for a place to spend the day and wanted a calm ocean, I would pick something along Frigate Bay (Caribbean side - literally less than a mile from the Marriott). The Marriott is at the narrowest neck of the island where the Atlantic and Caribbean are less than a mile apart.

Did a day pass there in Sept. 2013 -- Would do again. While it is on the Atlantic side, it is a man made beach with a rock barrier. The water was not the Caribbean blue but more of a gray. It was still warm and clear. I would suggest water shoes as the sand was super hot. There was an outdoor shower and a couple of pools. Did not eat but did have drinks at the pool bar. I suggest you bring a towel as they do not supply them. Thought drinks were reasonably priced but a tip was automatically added on. The place is HUGE.

We were just in St. kitts in October. The Marriott looked wonderful but as mentioned earlier the water is very rough there. We went another ten minutes down the road to an amazing beach.

We are going to be at St. Kitts in a few weeks on IOS and would appreciate you letting us know the name of this amazing beach and please tell us a little more about it. Did you take a tour or a taxi? Thanks soo much!

We went to Carambola Beach Club for the day at Friar's Bay 18 months ago. When we got off the Adventure of the Seas, there were taxi drivers who were organizing where people wanted to go, so the driver quickly collected 10 of us into the van and away we went. We had planned on going to Frigate Bay, but were told storms had reduced that area's reputation as a nice beach. Carambola is a day resort, not a hotel, with a beautiful beach and I think it was $20 - $30 for beach loungers and an umbrella for the 2 of us, more if you wanted the bed like loungers. We felt secluded. You can get all manner of cocktails and a nice meal, upscale. They even had someone playing Broadway show tunes on the piano. Nice. The bathrooms were nice, clean. Drop off and pick up were seamless. St Kitt's authorized drivers wear special shirts and were well organized. I forget how much the van cost for 2 people, but since I am always budget minded, I'm sure it was reasonable if I don't recall. I think the ride was 20 minutes - no more than 30 and we saw a lot of the island. We stopped at a gorgeous vantage point for the view/photos for a few minutes and a few women were selling very cheap canned and bottled drinks for about $1 each (took some to the beach in soft mini cooler). If you don't want to stay there at Carambola you can walk to your left down the beach and just put down a towel. There were other cheaper food/drink huts along that beach, and another nicer (but did not appear as nice as Carambola) restaurant. We did not snorkel that day. My 20 yr old daughter and I found it to be an outstanding day! Hope this helps.

We have done the Marriott St. kitt's three times, the last being in January. I believe we paid $30 per person, but also received a significant food credit as part of the day pass.

As mentioned, the resort itself is beautiful. I found the beach underwhelming, though it is kept in pristine condition. The water is dark and rough, and in this case, we chose to hang out at the beautiful pool.

Things to note:

As said above, towels are not provided, as a standard. I was given some but understand it isn't the norm.

If you plan on drinking/eating there, they do not accept cash. You need to carry a credit card.

Great staff, super helpful when I was stung by a bee while there.

Food was tasty but slightly over priced.

No concerns getting a taxi.

I should mention that I did do Frigate Bay on our first trip there....I thought it was ok, but would highly recommend water shoes, due to an abundance of sea urchins. When we were there, there was a strong current despite calm waters...And once again, stung by a bee ( there were a lot when we were there.)

Clearly St. Kitts bees have I out for me.