Ash2334

Princess or Norwegian??  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Princess or Norwegian??

• Emerald Princess
    • Norwegian Jewel

:confused:

Hey guys!

I'm new to cruising and my DB and I were looking to go on a cruise during spring break time (march 2015, leaving from texas and going to the caribbean). I know many posts were answered comparing these two cruise lines but was hoping for something more specific to these ships and what our hopes were for our vacation.

Both these ships leave the same day from the same port and are very comparable in price. My questions and concerns are which cruise line would be more suited to our age group (younger... we are 25... looking for a fun but mostly relaxing and romantic time) and our interests (good food and good chairs to lay in all day and get some sun).

Any tips and suggestions would be so very appreciated. What I really am looking for is a really good dining experience, a good sun lounging experience in the daytime, and I really like ships with the on-deck theatre to snuggle up to movies at night. Please let me know your thoughts!

We just got off Emerald Princess after 17 days from England. There were many activities and the ship was in great shape, good food in all dining venues.

We go on Norwegian in May-June on Grand Med Cruise & selected NCL Spirit as it was much less than Princess.

You will probably find Princess to have nicer cabin size and amenities, better entertainment and higher quality of dining.

You should be fine with the younger age group during spring break.

Have fun and enjoy the ship.

I have several cruises on both lines and without a doubt, I recommend Emerald.

Not only would I pick Princess anyday over NCSmell, but I also recommend it for you based on what you said you're looking for. Food is much better on Princess, both in the main dining room and in the buffet. And two, I can't think of one single romantic venue on the Jewel.

Edited by Cruzaholic41