Best Places for Dancing on Independence

pennielz

This will be our first cruise on Independence of the Seas. Can anyone tell me which bars are the best if you want to go dancing? BTW, I am not looking for the nightclub scene, I'm looking more like ballroom dancing.

Thanks!

Pennie

My memory might be bad, but I don't recall a bar that had ballroom dancing every night. I would check the music section of the Cruise Compass. For example, they usually do a Jazz Set at least once per cruise.

By the way, Royal changed the format of the Cruise Compass and brought back the section that highlights the music around the ship, so it's much easier to find these types of events now.

My memory might be bad, but I don't recall a bar that had ballroom dancing every night. I would check the music section of the Cruise Compass. For example, they usually do a Jazz Set at least once per cruise.

By the way, Royal changed the format of the Cruise Compass and brought back the section that highlights the music around the ship, so it's much easier to find these types of events now.

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Pennie

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Pennie

They also typically have one or two sessions of dance lessons put on by a couple of the dancers on the ship. These events are not in the music section, but are buried in the normal list of events in the Cruise Compass, so they can be easy to miss. If I remember correctly, they are listed as something Academy.

Edited by clarea

Okay, going "OT" here, but when you want to dance with a big band, this is number one venue on the seas!

queens-room-pre-ball.jpg

The Best part about the Queens Room on QM2 is that right behind it you have the two-level G32 disco. With DJ alternating with band and yes, you do get what you pay for, and we DO dress up like that on most nights! The upper level is for smokers too.

6074066969_c149173362_b.jpg

We're on the Indie this weekend and plan to dance in Boleros. I hope they have a live band like they did on the Majesty in May. They played some good Salsa and Merengue and we enjoyed it.

Will be getting on when you're getting off. Have a great trip!