Some People on here are Hard Work !

Unbelievable..... pardon me for posting !!

Im not surprised people are put off sharing their own personal viewpoints on here when they get criticised for doing so :mad:

My earlier post re 2 weeks on Majesty...... good and bad points... consisted of MY personal views..... I was in no way looking to (1) start an argument between other members (lol)... (2) seek approval for my opinions ... (3) seek support from others to justify my opinions :rolleyes:

This is an open forum but in my opinion (yes again !!) all members should be respectful to other members and duly respect their opinions without taking it as an invitation to 'have a go'...... but I suppose some peoples lives are such that they need to seek 'fulfilment' wherever they can get it.... ;)

Unbelievable..... pardon me for posting !!

I suppose some peoples lives are such that they need to seek 'fulfilment' wherever they can get it.... ;)

Sometimes, one should not really express too many personal opinions, as the opinion expressed may not be appreciated by others.

Its best practice, to decline from venting anger on a public forum,

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero",

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, what suits some, may not suit others.

That's what I thought these forums were for, to express an opinion on how you view things.

If nobody expressed an opinion, we would never have change.

Just my opinion for what it's worth ;)

We all have different opinions of things and of course it is OK to air them on here. My post was just to say that I was surprised to hear about cold food, long queues to get on the ship, dirty cabins and expensive drinks which was certainly not our experience when we were on the ship just over a month ago.

I don't think I was responsible for the argument, if it can be called that, that followed my post and I hope I wasn't rude and if I was then I apologise.

This is an open forum but in my opinion (yes again !!) all members should be respectful to other members and duly respect their opinions without taking it as an invitation to 'have a go'......

i quite agree (open forums anywhere can be hard work/amusing) just enjoy, nothing lasts forever, enjoy the ride, maybe one day you will look back on it and laugh it off (maybe) ;)

but I suppose some peoples lives are such that they need to seek 'fulfilment' wherever they can get it.... ;)

your own advice on respect for 'all members' opinions went out the window there a bit didnt it?:rolleyes:

I did an extensive survey before dinner and I am sorry/gutted to report that there were no sprouts on pando :( ... but, its not all bad..... they do have walk in wardrobes :cool: (just be careful of all the skeletons that fall out of them tho):p:D

I did an extensive survey before dinner and I am sorry/gutted to report that there were no sprouts on pando :( ... but, its not all bad..... they do have walk in wardrobes :cool: (just be careful of all the skeletons that fall out of them tho):p:D

Sorry to contradict you but sprouts are available to those without tattoo's , shaven heads or those of better breeding .......

Those with tattoos and shaven heads will be given peas (processed) :D

Sorry to contradict you but sprouts are available to those without tattoo's , shaven heads or those of better breeding .......

Those with tattoos and shaven heads will be given peas (processed) :D

:D ahhh yes... that familiar cruise ship cry ....'ooooh I gotta pea'! ..... they must have some seriously good peas on those cruise ships?:cool:

(getting ever so slightly bonkers now):p:)

Stevie you forgot the "in-thingy ,posh way of cooking sprouts is to

par-boil them (as long as you like) and then blow torch the blighters

until rancid smoke fills the air with the smell of charred sprouts .

Stuffing them is the in- thing as well ,with what I'm not sure but then

again you could dip them in Marmite , somthing Linda may like as she likes

that stuff called Marmite ;). A bit like Strawberries dipped in chocolate and cream.

Then if you do not like the flavours then just Blow-Torch them a while longer to

suit your taste .Failing that microwave for 2 hours and string them and have a game of conkers .

Must dash ..ready steady yuk is on freeview !:cool::D

respect for 'all members' opinions went out the window there a bit didnt it?:rolleyes:.

It was not a nice comment that carrpediem expressed all right.

Have to agree there....

she also said this in a previous post about Thomson Cruises :

I have spoken again to Thomsons - so I am taking them at their word believe me if it turns out any different some heads will be ripped off afterwards

and This, again about Thomson cruises :

We received same email - NOT HAPPY !! we should get some kind of compensation for the lack of facility and inconvenience - the cruise was sold to us with the onboard facilities included !!

and this statment regarding alcohol :

where are the Liqueurs - Tia Maria, Amaretto - Baileys etc .... can you not get them at all ??

Oh dear, how dreadful.

and not a sprout in the housed washed .....

where are the Liqueurs - Tia Maria, Amaretto - Baileys etc .... can you not get them at all ?? .

could they be in that little mini bar that they put in the bathroom? ....trouble is .... all those little mini bottles taste of shampoo!?:confused::D

Oh dear! you go out for the day and look what happens! I'm sorry if I contributed in any way to this!

Your posts are always nice, kind and very sincere Shelia49.

Sadly someone was venting their anger on a public forum, and is shocking to read to say the least.

Based on previous posts by the member, its safe to assume there are several "issues" that need to be resolved.

Could anyone tell me if there is a forum for the upgrade of sprouts on the P & O and will they show past episodesof Doc Martin in my cabin before dinner ?:rolleyes:

Stevie:)

They'll be shown in our cabin, and on demand.

I have episodes (as well as other TV shows and films) on my tablet, and can plug it into the telly to watch in bed!

:D:D:D

I'm a bit bemused by all of this (all references to sprouts to one side......:eek:)

Surely the whole pupose of a forum is to give your opinions and in reviews point out what you thought good and not so good about your cruise. Others may have different views. Aren't they all valid - unless someone is stating an untruth? That isn't a challenge but just an exchange of opinions.

Linda and I will probably always have a differing opinions about Majesty and Dream :D :D ;) ..................... but what we both think are genuinely held views about our own experiences and preferences of a particular ship and/or cruise. If we justify our reasons for likes/dislikes then we can respect each others' views and can understand their point of view and why they might be different from our own. And we certainly don't need to fall out about it - or challenge each others' rights to their opinions - or be rude. We're more likely to make a joke of it - and that's far more typical of this forum! (Thank goodness - and we can always rely on some to lift the mood and make us smile......... ;) )

There is no place for rudeness or disrespect imo - but I do think there is scope for many and different opinions to be aired without it becoming personal. After all, we don't all value the same things and we need to read the pluses and minuses and judge how much they matter to us.

If someone genuinely has a complaint about the organisation/transfers at the start of their cruise then fair enough - or indeed with any other aspect of their cruise. (I have expressed some negative views as have most of us from time to time.) But to keep the picture balanced isn't it appropriate for those who don't share that opinion or have good experiences should say so too? Otherwise, the picture is distorted. Anyone can have a bad time for any number of reasons and I think it is right we hear about them - but it's also right to hear all sides of a debate.

As long as it's keep respectful no-one needs to feel 'got at' - but posting on an open forum is ever likely to generate all shades of opinion for which I believe we have no need to apologise. :rolleyes:

Well said Kruzseeka, as always :)

After a bad experience on the Dream I doubt if I will ever set foot on her again, but I know others love her just as we love the Majesty and others do not. You only have to read Trip Advisor to see how people's perceptions of the same hotel can vary wildly :rolleyes:

Please, let's keep this forum friendly and informative :)

Well said Kruzseeka, as always :)

After a bad experience on the Dream I doubt if I will ever set foot on her again, but I know others love her just as we love the Majesty and others do not. You only have to read Trip Advisor to see how people's perceptions of the same hotel can vary wildly :rolleye

Please, let's keep this forum friendly and informative :)

It just goes to show doesn't it? I'm just the opposite, we had a great holiday on the Dream in the Carribbean but not on the Majesty in the Canaries, probably due to being stuck in port for three days. One bad experience really does colour your attitude to a particular ship.:)

Jan