Help me decide on my next cruise!

Gabsabunch42

I asked this question on the Carnival board, but then thought maybe I will see what cruisers from other lines think as well. We would like to cruise again in 2007. Since my daughter will be in high school, we will need to go during summer. I was wondering if it may be more fun to cruise at Christmastime instead. Probably a western caribbean itinerary, but not sure yet. I know it is so hot in the summer, what is the weather and water temperatures like in December in the caribbean? What is your opinion on cruising at Christmas as opposed to summertime? Any help would be appreciated.

I asked this question on the Carnival board, but then thought maybe I will see what cruisers from other lines think as well. We would like to cruise again in 2007. Since my daughter will be in high school, we will need to go during summer. I was wondering if it may be more fun to cruise at Christmastime instead. Probably a western caribbean itinerary, but not sure yet. I know it is so hot in the summer, what is the weather and water temperatures like in December in the caribbean? What is your opinion on cruising at Christmas as opposed to summertime? Any help would be appreciated.
Hola Gabby,

It is good to see someone with a high opinion of oneself.:D I've been called windy, myself. maybe it is because I go off on a tangent once in a great while. What do you think?

As I was going to say before I so rudely interrupted myself,:mad: (you have to excuse me, I am a schizophrenic), the week before Christmas is usually the cheapest time to cruise. The week of Christmas is twice as high. We travel alot in December and January, because I'm so uh,..................cheap, no, frugal. Yeah, thats it. Frugal!!

I don't know about the Islands but the Western Carribean is pretty nice in Dec. with temps usually is the 80's as opposed to 100+ in the summer.

Whatever you decide, remember,"It's your vacation." Enjoy!

We have sailed between Thanksgiving and Christmas for the past 3 years and have always found the weather great.

Here is a link to the average temperatures and rainfall in Cozumel. There is really only a about a 5 degree difference from summer to December.

It's only a 3 year old data base, but still will give you an idea of what the potential is.

Charlie

Hola Gabby,

It is good to see someone with a high opinion of oneself.:D I've been called windy, myself. maybe it is because I go off on a tangent once in a great while. What do you think?

As I was going to say before I so rudely interrupted myself,:mad: (you have to excuse me, I am a schizophrenic), the week before Christmas is usually the cheapest time to cruise. The week of Christmas is twice as high. We travel alot in December and January, because I'm so uh,..................cheap, no, frugal. Yeah, thats it. Frugal!!

I don't know about the Islands but the Western Carribean is pretty nice in Dec. with temps usually is the 80's as opposed to 100+ in the summer.

Whatever you decide, remember,"It's your vacation." Enjoy!

Whatever do you mean, I never go off on tangents;) . Yes, I have been looking at rates and I see what you mean. They jump big time over Christmas! We would not be able to go in January due to daughter being in high school. Thanks for the weather information..that is helpful!

Why not cruise to Alaska in the summer. It is beautiful.
We would LOVE to cruise Alaska, but it is so far for us, being on the East Coast. Flying is getting so expensive, don't know if we would be able to afford 4 of us to fly over to the west coast. :(

I usually sail in the winter as it is very, very cold up here. The weather and water temps are very nice in the winter in the Caribbean. If you stop in the Bahama's it may be a little colder for you (nice for me).
We just got back from Nassau, Bahamas. Wasn't thrilled with that. Would love to do a western caribbean this time.

Thanks everyone for your responses. They have been very helpful!

The only summer cruise I've been on was to Alaska. I love going to the Caribbean in November and December. So far, we haven't managed a cruise later in the winter. Christmas at sea is great. But rates are very expensive--sometimes more than double the weeks before. If your schedule can be flexible, going the week before the holiday can save you a bundle.

Or you can take your chances at getting a great deal on a last-minute booking. We hadn't really planned to go for Christmas and New Year's last year, but when I started looking at vacation options, I found a great deal on a 9-night Celebrity cruise. Earlier this year, the same cruise for this year was running $1,600 more than we paid--and all the cabins except for suites are now booked. I plan on checking back after final payment date.

Archived