Johnny Rockets

It's correct that the reciprocal benefits only apply on the second tier and above for the RCI and Celebrity loyalty programs (that's Platinum for RCI). You could call and ask for the benefits, but it probably won't help--there are just too many members in the first levels on both cruise lines. It's too bad, but that's what they've decided. Do join C&A and then you'll get the benefits on your next C&A cruise. (And for those who wonder, no they don't "add" your points up to get your membership level. In other words, 2 RCI points and 2 Celebrity points don't give you a combined total of 4 points. The points you earn on each line count toward your total for that line only. Once you've reached a specific level on one line, you get reciprocal benefits on the other, but that's all.)

ElvisandTracey: I can see that you are new to the boards, so you won't have read the multitudinous threads regarding this issue over the past nearly 2 years now. The $3.95 fee was started on 2 ships in the spring of 2004, so it's not new at all. I can't remember exactly when they added it to all ships, but it's been a while.

beachchick

I have sailed on a Royal ship back in 1983 (Song of America) but when I went to join the Crown & Anchor club, they told me they don't keep records from that far back! I have no receipt or pictures taken by the ship's photographer so I have no record of being on that boat. I know the date (Aug. 21, Sun. 1983) of sailing but they still refused me membership. Any ideas?

I have a friend who signed up and never sailed with RCI. He just made up a cruise and it worked ?? I did give him an actual real cruise date, but he wasn't on the boat. Try this online to see if it works for you. You actually sailed so u should get in.

wanda- u can try this too if you don't feel guilty about it.

(I don't want to debate what is right and what is wrong- it is your choice) I am just throwing it out as a possible option.

-gwen

I have a friend who signed up and never sailed with RCI. He just made up a cruise and it worked ?? I did give him an actual real cruise date, but he wasn't on the boat. Try this online to see if it works for you. You actually sailed so u should get in.

wanda- u can try this too if you don't feel guilty about it.

(I don't want to debate what is right and what is wrong- it is your choice) I am just throwing it out as a possible option.

-gwen

You're correct, we all have a choice when doing something we know is wrong. I can understand you not wanting to debate what you already know is not the right thing to do.

The $3.95 fee was started on 2 ships in the spring of 2004, so it's not new at all. I can't remember exactly when they added it to all ships, but it's been a while.

I think it has been close to a year now that it has been fleetwide.

We sailed on Voyager January 23, 2000, and JR's charged regular menu prices. When we returned from that trip through Washington DC's Union Station, we ate at JR's in the station, and the menu prices were slightly lower than on Voyager. Because of the charges, the place (JR's on Voyager) was virtually empty most of the time.

We were told that the first few cruises (Voyager was brand new then) JR's had been free as a promotion. The charges were planned and started on schedule in January, 2000. We know there were a lot of complaints. Back then, the alternative restaurant thing had not grown to what it is now. We have not been back on a Voyager class ship, but we heard the charges had been removed again. We did not know about the new charges.

On Brilliance (2002) and Radiance (2004), there was a Seaview Cafe that had burgers and shakes. We ate there once on each cruise and we were not charged. The burgers were better than the ones at Windjammer.

Archived