Johnny Rockets

We went to JR's on our AOS cruise last December and paid the $3.95. Since it was only the 2 of use we found it to be fair considering the amount of food you could get for that $3.95. And as another poster said, it's a deal considering what they charge at the land based JR's. :eek:

I'm actually dissapointed that they won't have one on the Granduer.:mad:

If you don't feel that it's a deal to eat there or if you feel insulted that RCI would charge for the pleasure of eating there, there are burgers and fries available in the Windjammer, albiet they aren't as good or as fresh. I wish RCI would change it's policy and get rid of the surcharge, but I'm not going to not go there in protest.

I'm on vacation, no protesting allowed. Only frozen drinks and sun!!

It's obvious that RCI is paying JR for THIER hamburgers and THEIR atmosphere, etc.

-gwen

How, exactly, do you know that J.R.s is not paying RCI for the space on the ship or that RCI is not paying just for the food supplies. JRs could consider the exposure they get from RCI as thousands of people sail Voyager class ships weekly to be worth no royalty charges.

The point is that none of us know the contracts that are in effect with RCI and its many vendors so I don't see anything as being OBVIOUS.

I will abstain from this argument. I have stated in the past why I don't like the charge and I don't want to rehash the past. I have given up.

Now about Ben & Jerry's, It sucks. I will never pay to go there on a cruise. The ice cream is bad. The price is bad. And the amount served is bad. I will never eat at Ben & Jerry's on a ship and that is my protest.

How, exactly, do you know that J.R.s is not paying RCI for the space on the ship or that RCI is not paying just for the food supplies.

Specifics of the franchise agreement are unknown. Sorry to say the word 'obvious.'

The point I was trying to make is that when you introduce a brand name, someone is looking to profit off that name.

Specifics of the franchise agreement are unknown. Sorry to say the word 'obvious.'

The point I was trying to make is that when you introduce a brand name, someone is looking to profit off that name.

In that case you and I are in total agreement.

I thought JR's was good for one visit. Of course we had our C&A coupons so we were only out the cost of our sodas. How long have we been rehashing this topic? Has it been over a year now? In any event, it looks like the surcharge is here to stay, so you either go or you don't, use your coupon or pay. Simple.

Yes, well, we all would like that. Unfortunately, your costs are increased as the number in your party increases. Luckily there are plenty of other options for eating on the ship that are covered under the price of your cruise. I can guarantee no one will go hungry. ;)

Have you sailed RCCL before? If you have, the coupon book will be IN your stateroom WHEN you board...

so don't panic. ;)

But only if you have joined C&A; it's not automatic. You have to fill out the form after your first cruise because RCI won't do it for you.

beachchick

No, this is our first cruise with RC. We have cruised other lines, but chose RC for the kids program this time.

You are not elegable to join the C&A club until you complete your first cruise so you will not have a coupon book.

The coupons do say that they are valid for that particular sailing though I don't remember seeing dates on them. So buying some at through e-bay could get you some non-valid coupons.

OB: Just got off the Enchantment, and we had two booklets from last summer and two from a year and a half ago. They were identical to the two waiting for us on this cruise. I used coupons left, right and upside down - no questions asked. :D

Carol

I have sailed Celebrity, just last year and we did fill our forms to become part of their program. Do you think I willg et a book left in my room then? It does not really matter, but there are 7 of us. Thanks for the update.

Side Note: Loved Celebrity, absolutely beautiful ship and service.

I have sailed Celebrity, just last year and we did fill our forms to become part of their program. Do you think I willg et a book left in my room then? It does not really matter, but there are 7 of us. Thanks for the update.

Side Note: Loved Celebrity, absolutely beautiful ship and service.

If you want the coupon I would contact the Crown & Anchor people and give them your Captains Club information. I think their is only reciprocity if you are in the second tear of the program but it doesn't hurt to check.

You might want to contact the Celebrity Captains club and see if you're eligible for the comparable level in RCCL's crown and Anchor society.

A quick read of the Celebrity rules on their website appears that you must be at the select member benefits level (not the classic level after only 1 cruise).

Good luck and have fun on RCCL!

I have sailed on a Royal ship back in 1983 (Song of America) but when I went to join the Crown & Anchor club, they told me they don't keep records from that far back! I have no receipt or pictures taken by the ship's photographer so I have no record of being on that boat. I know the date (Aug. 21, Sun. 1983) of sailing but they still refused me membership.

Any ideas?

This is all very shocking-I sailed the Navigator in 2003 and Voyager 2004 and JR was totally free except for shakes, which I actually ordered one time and they forgot to charge us anyway. I am on the Mariner 9/11/05 and this is the first I have heard of paying for JR.

Three bucks is no big deal, but its a shame that kids hanging out is now gonna cost me a little extra cash-my family loves JR and have purposely not eaten at one in the past several months because we anticipate going on the cruise-

Oh well-:eek:

Archived