Last day trip.

Shrimpy H

First time on P & O. Has anyone been on the last day trip in Barbados,that then transfers you to the airport? Would be sat at the airport a good while otherwise. What happens to your cases?

Hi, yes we done the beach break left ship around 9 30 ish short drive by bus

to Harbour Lights Beach Bar, was due to return back to for one, but

We opted to walk back along the beach abit earlier. Large cases taken from out

Side cabin the previous evening, hand luggage left in theatre and given a ticket

When deposited.

If you don't do the Barbados trip, you stay on board the ship until a couple of hours before your flight. By the time you've got through airport security, you don't have that long to wait in the airport.

Although you have to be out of your cabin about 8am, you have full use of the ship until your coach to the airport.

Sorry can't help with any info about the tour, as we've always stayed onboard. Enjoy your cruise.

Did people do tours that dropped them at the airport after? Is your luggage taken to the airport? If you stay on the ship do you collect your luggage and put it on the coach? (think someone may have said your luggage is next seen at the carousel in the UK).

Oh and what's the airport like? Last time I fly was a decade a go and it was very small, but Barbados has changed :)

Did people do tours that dropped them at the airport after? Is your luggage taken to the airport? If you stay on the ship do you collect your luggage and put it on the coach? (think someone may have said your luggage is next seen at the carousel in the UK).

Oh and what's the airport like? Last time I fly was a decade a go and it was very small, but Barbados has changed :)

Barbados airport isn't bad at all - at least compared with some. We found the duty free had good deals too 1L bottles of Mount Gay Rum for example for $11. Food was a bit limited in choice I thought but on the whole reasonable amount of seating and an OK experience.

Devoniancruiser, I think the OP is referring to the P&O trip on the last morning - it takes you on a tour of Barbados and drops you at the airport. Your main cases are collected from outside your cabin the night before and you do not see them again until in the uk, regardless of whether or not you do the tour. Your hand luggage can be left in the theatre and, if you wish to sunbathe or swim, you can have a shower - towels provided - in the spa area. You are not taken from the ship until the correct time to meet your flight - flight delayed and you normally stay on the ship . Sue

Hi, yes it has so improved, over the past five years or so, we remember

First going for a beach holiday in 2001 with our young daughter it was awful

Lack of seating no a/c but now it's nice and modern lovely selection of stores

And food hall :)

We've never done a last morning trip but as has been said you stay on board until about 3 hours before your flight. We have usually had lunch in the main restaurant, often with our table companions of the previous two weeks and then have been called around 2pm to go to the buses for the journey to the airport. You can leave your hand luggage during the morning at a venue on board - you are given a ticket and then you can collect it before leaving - although we usually keep ours with us. It's lovely to have lunch before leaving for the airport and the wait there has never been that long. It's all very well organised.

Here's the flight schedule from 14/15 nov ImageUploadedByForums1416741065.288749.jpg.f4919cdec88602cb19dff5e97ec51f57.jpg

Some people went on the goodbye Barbados trip and got to the airport 7 hours before flight. Tbh I suggest going out to taxi rank and getting one of their trips, get back for lunch and then wait for coach to airport. (Does depend on flight time though).

Thanks for all replies. Didn't realise you could stay on board so very helpful info.

And a thank you to all from me. Very helpful thread. We are a Saturday flight, so I think we'll spend the Friday in Barbados touring the island, go ashore on Saturday in the morning for a few hours, have lunch back on board, then get the coach to the airport :)

If you don't do the Barbados trip, you stay on board the ship until a couple of hours before your flight. By the time you've got through airport security, you don't have that long to wait in the airport.

Although you have to be out of your cabin about 8am, you have full use of the ship until your coach to the airport.

Sorry can't help with any info about the tour, as we've always stayed onboard. Enjoy your cruise.

Think you can stay in your cabin till 9am:)

You have to vacate cabin by 8am unless you have purchased a day cabin which is around £55 for an outside cabin

Definitely allowed to stay in our cabin till 9.00am on Ventura 2 weeks ago, and agree that an outside day cabin is £55 available from 10.00am (think an inside was £40) So go to breakfast at 9.00am, take an hour over it and then relax in your day cabin until your flight is called(I watched Liverpool v Chelsea and then Man U v Palace) Result!:D

Phil