Sea Day Brunch?

Riba4U

Ok, given the name "Sea Day Brunch" this is probably going to sound stupid. But is this option ONLY on Sea Days? I don't know why, but I was under the impression it was offered every day. Am I wrong?

You can have breakfast in the MDR (or the Lido deck, of course) on port days, but the brunch experience is only on sea days, yes. Personally I don't love the menu and the omelets at the station on the Lido are better, but it's worth the trip if you've never done it.

Well I have to go at least once! I want to redeem my coupon I should have for a free drink. lol But also I wanted to try it once. Most of the time I prefer the Lido for breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be prepared to wait and wait and wait - understaffed - went there three times on the Miracle last week.

Really was on the recent 8 day Splendor Cruise went twice had terrific service.

Oh and don't miss the Banana Crème Pie . its to die for :p:p Better than the warm chocolate melting IMHO.

Well I have to go at least once! I want to redeem my coupon I should have for a free drink. lol But also I wanted to try it once. Most of the time I prefer the Lido for breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can get your drink to go from the bar waiter. I have gotten two bottles of beer not opened for later & the last few cruises I have taken my Carnival tumbler & had two glasses of wine poured into it for later. The wine is the best deal for free since I think they just fill my glass & put the lid on it. :D

Char

Oh and don't miss the Banana Crème Pie . its to die for :p:p Better than the warm chocolate melting IMHO.

Darn, I must have gotten a bad batch of the creme pie. No way was that better than the warm chocolate cake. I fact, I didn't even finish it.

We probably won't waste our time doing the brunch in the future. We really didn't find anything super special about it.

Darn, I must have gotten a bad batch of the creme pie. No way was that better than the warm chocolate cake. I fact, I didn't even finish it.

We probably won't waste our time doing the brunch in the future. We really didn't find anything super special about it.

Well sadly our last cruise the WCMC was awful most nights. Either way over done or almost raw never that perfect mix. But it was all good we still had a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had the banana cream pie on the Glory 10/25/14 and it was awesome. Morning service was slow - but I really liked that pie.

Edited by tbbtravels

if you have not tried this yet...you must do it. I was iffy on going as i wasnt in the mood for lines or a crowd but the free drink sold me. The food is excellent, probably the best pork chop i have had on a cruise. the bacon mac and cheese is better at the brunch than in the MDR at dinner. My next cruise has 4 sea days, i will have brunch all 4...its that good

The first day we went (about 9:00 am) - they told us there was an hour wait - we came back around 11:00.

We went around 10:30 the other two times. Only waited about 10-15 for a table - then waited another 10-15 minutes for the waiter to take out order - a full 10 minutes to get coffee :( and then almost 1/2 hour for the food to arrive.

This was last week (11/15 -11/22) cruise out of Long Beach on the Mercury.

Edited by iamirish

You can get your drink to go from the bar waiter. I have gotten two bottles of beer not opened for later & the last few cruises I have taken my Carnival tumbler & had two glasses of wine poured into it for later. The wine is the best deal for free since I think they just fill my glass & put the lid on it. :D

Char

I've used my free drink coupon (given after your first cruise) at a stand outside the MDR. they show you where to wait, will bring it to you, and you can drink whenever you want.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

If all goes well I'm planning on going twice on the 1 sea day, that's how much I loved it on the Magic almost 2 years ago!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this acceptable (Carnival rules) and doable? Get there around 8:30 AM and again around 1 to 1:30.