Sea Day Brunch?

Riba4U

11/1 Splendor sailing - went around lunchtime on the 1st sea day; had to wait but it wasn't too long. Service was very, very slow, though. Food was OK (I always get the huevos rancheros); not as good as in May on Pride. Disappointed in the caramel cheesecake (which was fantastic on Pride).

Went the 2nd sea day when they opened, seated quickly, service was horrendous. Guy messed up every order multiple times. Food was worse than the previous time. Didn't even get the great rolls, just a basket of continental-type breads/pastries. :(

We have 3 sea days coming up on Freedom. I'm not sure I'll even go, other than to get my drink. I prefer my Lido omelette, too!

Went the 2nd sea day when they opened, seated quickly, service was horrendous. Guy messed up every order multiple times. Food was worse than the previous time. Didn't even get the great rolls, just a basket of continental-type breads/pastries. :(

I have found they serve the pastry basket in the morning hours of the brunch and then they change over to the "popover" rolls for the afternoon hours of the brunch. I do enjoy the rolls and I do like the brunch for the change in menu. Try the cheese grits. They are good especially with the jalapeno on top. :cool:

11/1 Splendor sailing - went around lunchtime on the 1st sea day; had to wait but it wasn't too long. Service was very, very slow, though. Food was OK (I always get the huevos rancheros); not as good as in May on Pride. Disappointed in the caramel cheesecake (which was fantastic on Pride).

We have 3 sea days coming up on Freedom. I'm not sure I'll even go, other than to get my drink. I prefer my Lido omelette, too!

I also went on both sea days during the Splendor cruise. I had the same experience with the food and service being better the first day. The second was pretty bad.

I am glad I got to meet you as we got off the shuttle at the airport. Even if it was only for a moment. I now have a face to put with the name. I was with my son and we headed out to the Hilton Beach Resort. Unfortunately it rained most of Sunday. But Monday was very nice and we didn't fly out until around 7PM so we got to spend most of Monday at the beach.

If service is a little slow what difference does it make..... you are not getting off the ship and you have no place to go.:D

... but there are other things to experience and when they are included in your automatic gratuities, it is reasonable for one to expect prompt service.

If service is a little slow what difference does it make..... you are not getting off the ship and you have no place to go.:D

Unless it's one of those bizarre sailing itineraries like we had on Carnival Breeze last month.

I went to the Sea Day Brunch the moment they opened the doors, and had a delicious meal.

I then returned several hours later for different selections that seemed more 'lunchish' (no, not a real word, but go with it). Service was definitely slower than in the morning, but the meal was still very tasty.

I exited that second wave of brunch and went downstairs to go into Cozumel. Yep, brunch on a port day.

Two of our sea days had a separate breakfast and lunch served in the MDR.

Our itinerary was total helter skelter, but the food/beverage department was determined to keep their schedule as planned.

Unless it's one of those bizarre sailing itineraries like we had on Carnival Breeze last month.

I went to the Sea Day Brunch the moment they opened the doors, and had a delicious meal.

I then returned several hours later for different selections that seemed more 'lunchish' (no, not a real word, but go with it). Service was definitely slower than in the morning, but the meal was still very tasty.

I exited that second wave of brunch and went downstairs to go into Cozumel. Yep, brunch on a port day.

Two of our sea days had a separate breakfast and lunch served in the MDR.

Our itinerary was total helter skelter, but the food/beverage department was determined to keep their schedule as planned.

Was that the 10/19 to 10/25 sailing? I was on that one and it was very crazy with the medical situations and missing a port.

Anyway I started going to brunch a few minutes after they open as well. Only made it back for lunchish food once.

We found our service on the Magic last month to be very efficient and rather quick during the sea day brunch. In fact it turned out to be faster, or at least as fast, as the Lido buffet, without the battle to serve yourself.

The food was good, but I don't know that we found it sooooo good as to go twice in the same day.

We found our service on the Magic last month to be very efficient and rather quick during the sea day brunch. In fact it turned out to be faster, or at least as fast, as the Lido buffet, without the battle to serve yourself.

The food was good, but I don't know that we found it sooooo good as to go twice in the same day.

A battle? Has society become that bad?

Maybe I'll give it a try one day, but for my lunch, not breakfast. I want those buns! :p

I'd just prefer to not spend so long sitting in the MDR for a meal that should take less than an hour. Especially on the last day, when you end up sitting there and sitting and sitting because the waiter repeatedly doesn't bring something or brings the wrong thing.

That's just not how I want to spend my last day on the ship, so if I go, it will be one of the other two sea days we have this time.

Maybe I'll give it a try one day, but for my lunch, not breakfast. I want those buns! :p

I'd just prefer to not spend so long sitting in the MDR for a meal that should take less than an hour. Especially on the last day, when you end up sitting there and sitting and sitting because the waiter repeatedly doesn't bring something or brings the wrong thing.

That's just not how I want to spend my last day on the ship, so if I go, it will be one of the other two sea days we have this time.

Odd that you experience issues on your final night. For me, that is the one night of the cruise I can count on being perfect. It is tip night, after all.

We now go to the MDR every morning for breakfast, after coffee on the balcony. Love being served and ordering what we want. This next cruise, I think we'll go for breakfast & lunch at least one time to see how it is. DH loves the steak & eggs for breakfast - I'm flexible.