Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

That sure looks like Fancy Gap mountain on I-77 just before the North Carolina border? :D

Your Story is Captivating and Wonderful. I love the comparisons of Disney and Carnival. But MOST OF ALL your LOVELY Pictures. Perfect. Wonderful Job.

Have not made it to the end so you may talk about Dr Seuss on the Breeze since you have younger kids

Our youngest is 7 and he did not want to do any of the Dr. Seuss things. I know others in our cruise group did them and enjoyed it. We did have fun dressing up with props to look like Thing 1 and thing 2 and the cat in the hat the one night before dinner, but I did not buy any of those pics. Sorry I can not be of more help!!!

What do they do for towel animal theatre?

Up on the stage they have big puppet theater..like the pic. I posted. Then there are 3-4 main towel animal characters and they each tell their story with lots of singing and other props. They act like they are asleep and that their people left the cabin so now they can wake up and talk to each other and have fun.They lights change, there's bubbles and the animals dress up and dance, plus some other stuff, it was really cute.

Your Story is Captivating and Wonderful. I love the comparisons of Disney and Carnival. But MOST OF ALL your LOVELY Pictures. Perfect. Wonderful Job.

Thank you. It makes me so happy that you and so many other people are enjoying my review and pics! Another update is coming soon, right after I bake some cookies ;)

Did you have any issues with your Cove Balcony? Right now I am booked in a regular balcony on Deck 8 but thinking of either changing to a Spa Balcony or going down to a Cove and trying for Spa Pass when we get on boat.

We were on the 8 day Breeze cruise on 1-3-15. We had an inside spa room, 11231. Our friends were across the hall in a spa balcony room, 11229. We paid $1,310:D for our room, they paid $2,646.:eek: The spa room was wonderful, but if you had just gotten the spa pass it was $369 per couple for the 8 days. With our spa room it was $210 added to the price of an inside room. For our friends, they would have been better off to have any type of regular balcony room & paid the extra for the pass. I liked they layout of the Carnival Dream's spa area & thalassa pool better than the Breeze's, but it was still so nice & relaxing.

One other thing to consider with the spa room. Because it was so high on the ship & forward, since we did an Eastern itinerary, on a couple of days that we were in the Atlantic, there were 7 foot seas & you can really feel that in the spa room. We weren't sick or anything, we just felt it more than we ever have being mid-ship on deck 7 or 8.

Hope this helps!:)

Penny

So after hubby and I enjoyed some "us" time and relaxing out on the balcony we went to the kids club to check on our 7 y.o. He said he was hungry and wanted lunch! He said that he had a fun time decorating a t-shirt that he was allowed to take home and he wanted to eat and then go to the Waterworks.

It was just after noon so it was the perfect time to enjoy some more of the yummy food on the Breeze. Since it was our last sea day I wanted to eat some of my fav.'s! I loved the authentic pizza and Guy's burgers...plus the fries minus the seasoning. Hubby headed to Blue Iguana Cantina and the Mongolian Wok. He loved all the flavors and freshness from those places. I don't like that sort of thing, but he told me to let everyone know it was fresh and delicious! Mongolian Wok was the only place that had a long line at lunch. He waited 20 minutes one day. Everything else was a maybe 2-5 minute wait. We did have to wait for pizza for about 15 minutes, not because the line was long but because everyone waiting wanted 3-4 slices(4 equaled an entire pizza). But I'd rather wait and have it be fresh, then have it be old and yucky! Of course we had to hit the Lido and get fresh fruit and some other goodies.

We finished our lunch and then took Ryan down to the cabin to get changed. We told him he could play for awhile at the Waterworks and then we'd get him so he could dry off and pick some goodies from the Chocolate Extravaganza. I was hoping we'd bump into the older 2 kids as we had on previous sea days, but alas we never did see them til right before dinnertime!

We never did make it to Jimmy's C-side bar-b-q or Cucina del capitano for lunch. We had planned to eat at both of those places for lunch but I'm sorry to say that we just never go there! Since we were trying to focus on relaxing this vacation we just didn't do everything we had thought we would.

So a little after 1:00 we snagged Ryan from the Waterworks and had him dry off, then we headed down from some chocolate! Wow.....there was so much to choose from! It was so hard to decide, esp. since I was still full from lunch! Ryan and I selected a few things while hubby decided to skip it and go get a Guy's burger. Ryan loved that they would actually build you a swan. It was really neat that he got to pick out what he wanted on it and could make it his own. YUM!

I also have to add that we enjoyed the chcolate buffet on the Breeze more then we did the dessert buffet on the Disney Magic. I think it was because it was during the day. When they had it on the Magic it was out near the pool and it was dark outside, as it was pirate party night. While it looked real neat lit up, it was hard to tell what you were really getting to eat. Plus since it was after dinner we were way too stuffed to really eat any of it! That along with the fact that there were lots of unsupervised kids sticking their hands in it and grabbing things made it unappetizing.

DSC05393_zpsdf6d5da3.jpg

DSC05395_zps36fa8e81.jpg

DSC05396_zpsd20c2258.jpg

DSC05400_zps204638ad.jpg

DSC05397_zps96742811.jpg

DSC05398_zps75533510.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

Thank you. It makes me so happy that you and so many other people are enjoying my review and pics! Another update is coming soon, right after I bake some cookies ;)

I have to laugh, that's how I just spent the past couple of hours...baking cookies! :) I did take a couple of CC breaks while they were in the oven. They are for DH, gotta keep him happy so I can easily twist his arm for another cruise in the near future. :D

I have to laugh, that's how I just spent the past couple of hours...baking cookies! :) I did take a couple of CC breaks while they were in the oven. They are for DH, gotta keep him happy so I can easily twist his arm for another cruise in the near future. :D

I LOVE to bake, it is the only thing I like about winter! I baked a new type, Double chocolate chip oatmeal...they are sooo yummy!

So after stuffing ourselves with delicious treats it's back up to the waterworks for Ryan and back to relaxing for Jeff and I. By now it is about 2:00. I could not wait to soak up some more sunshine! While he plays, we enjoy a nice cool beverage and watch the Miss Carnival Breeze pageant. It was hilarious!

DSC05401_zps15ad5001.jpg

DSC05405_zpsd2847096.jpg

DSC05415_zpsda741d10.jpg

I'm thinking to myself, life is good! Everyone in my family is happy and we are having the most perfect weather day ever on such a fabulous cruise ship. I am shocked at how calm the seas are. I had no idea you could be out in the middle of the ocean and have there be no waves...none at all! The ocean looked like it was a piece of fabric with a herringbone pattern on it. Way too cool!

DSC05406_zpsedc4ced7.jpg

DSC05408_zpsde3a9196.jpg

DSC05409_zps374e82f6.jpg

We had planned to go to Star wars trivia and the Hasbo Game Show in the afternoon...but we never went to either one as Ryan did not want to leave the waterworks. Oh well..guess hubby and I just had to force ourselves to relax some more!

Edited by loveysbydesign

For a point of reference, I chose a high end and a low end time of the year for 2015 and chose the newest ships sailing in Florida from the major cruise lines as a point of comparison. All of these numbers are for a basic inside cabin without taxes.

..................................7/4/15.. 12/5/15

DCL Fantasy............ 2107..... 1225

RCI Oasis of Seas.. 1159..... 659

CCL Breeze (8 day). 989..... 559

NCL Getaway........... 1159..... NA

NCL Escape................ NA..... 699

Regal Princess............ NA..... 599

Celebrity Reflection NA..... 669

As you can see, at the high point of summer as well as the low point of between Thanksgiving and Christmas, you pay a hefty premium to sail on Disney.

I agree with you. I don't see or understand how anyone can say that prices are similar. I have tried for 3 years to cruise on DCL out of Galveston instead of CCL for my family of 5. We will only sail in a balcony cabin and due to there being 5 of us, on most ships we have to get 2 cabins. The last one I priced had DCL at close to $9800 for the 5 of us. CCL had us at $3800. It is like that every time I try to book or look to change cruise lines. My kids love the camps on CCL so CCL it is and we ALWAYS have a blast.

I really, really love these sunset pictures too - gorgeous!!! On our last cruise, the water was the roughest we've ever experienced but just two weeks prior, according the ship's webcam, the seas were very calm, like you had. We had one or two days on past cruises where the water was fairly calm, but not like "glass" like you experienced. Hope to experience it myself one of these days.

NO! it can't be over already. I've been enjoying this review for the past couple days and don't want it to be over. Love all your pics and writing style. trying to get my hubby to book another but he wants to try a land vacation rather than another cruise. The nerve! Looking forward to more. I don' t want your vacation to end..HA!

NO! it can't be over already. I've been enjoying this review for the past couple days and don't want it to be over. Love all your pics and writing style. trying to get my hubby to book another but he wants to try a land vacation rather than another cruise. The nerve! Looking forward to more. I don' t want your vacation to end..HA!

Glad you are enjoying it! Not over yet' date=' we have one more port day!!![/color']

After enjoying the sunset we headed to dinner. I don't remember what this is a pic. of but my hubby enjoyed it! Dinner was delicious as usual and our waitstaff was their usual fabulous selves. We decided that after dinner we would watch Captain America 2, my 7 y.o. was dying to see it. So we headed back to the cabin to get changed...and voila...another towel animal. A scorpion, perfect for me as I am a Scorpio ;) Then it was off to the movie. It may sound funny but lounging around the pool with popcorn and blanket was really fun. Of course the older 2 were off to the clubs again. I was glad I had not purchased them the unlimited thrill theater pass as they never would have used it!!!

Sadly tomorrow would be the last day of our cruise, Nassua is def. not my favorite port but I had high hopes that is was going to be a great day anyway.

DSC05448_zps3eb2f0b6.jpg

DSC05449_zps83966fac.jpg

DSC05450_zps4bf91bb4.jpg

So since we agreed to watch Captain America 2 with the little guy we once again missed going to The Punchliner. Oh well, I figure we can save that for the our next cruise on the Breeze! The playlist productions that night in the Ovation Theater were "Latin Nights" and "The Brit's!" did not really interest us, so we didn't care that we missed them.

After Captain America(which was a really fabulous movie, I liked it better than the 1st one), we headed to the Lido to grab a snack or 2, filled up our insulated water cups and then headed back to the cabin. The little guy got a shower and headed to bed while hubby and I hung out on the balcony and relaxed. We talked about how much we had enjoyed ourselves on this cruise and how sad we were that it was coming to an end.

We also discussed what we would be doing in Nassau. We had joined up with a group of other cruisers online before we took our cruise. We decided to do private tour of Nassau with 10 of them with Cheryl's Bahamas Taxi and Tours. The cost was $20 each (7 y.o. was free)for an appx. 4 hour tour in an brand new air conditioner van with stops at various places and a beach. I was curious to see how the day would pan out. Oh well, for now it was off to bed to rest up for our last busy day!!!

Edited by loveysbydesign

So the little guy was up by 8, I actually slept in for a change, figuring I had taken more then enough sunrise pics. throughout our cruise ;)

We left the older 2 sleep in since our tour did not start until 1:00 p.m. and took the little guy down to the Lido for breakfast.

We found the pool deck chairs covered in towel animals! It was so neat!

After taking some pics. we headed back to our normal spot in the Lido and of course our fabulous waiter Dejan was down there looking for us. He really added so much to us really enjoying our cruise with his friendliness and happy attitude. We had talked with him quite a bit throughout the cruise and this morning was no different. We found out that he was expecting his 1st child, a a boy and that he hoped to be home right before the baby was born. We also talked to him about other ships he had worked on and he said the Breeze was his favorite. We asked him if he had ever been on the Sunshine and he said yes and that he did not miss it!

DSC05451_zps7ca3257b.jpg

DSC05452_zps293e4c63.jpg

DSC05454_zps72849cca.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

We finish breakfast around 9 and we decide to go ahead and play a round of minigolf and some pool, per the little guy's request. Then we head back to the cabin around 10 to make sure the older 2 get up and get some breakfast. I decide that I want to get almost everything we could packed up and then once we're done we hang out on the balcony and I take some pics. as we're getting closer to Nassua.

DSC05455_zps8a64003b.jpg

DSC05456_zps40ee6c88.jpg

Wow, it looks like it is gonna be a very busy day in Nassau as 4 other ships are already docked! I see the Disney Dream and think, hey last time we were in Nassau we were on that ship! I'm also thinking how lucky we are that the day is another gorgeous one. The last 2X we visited Nassau it was cloudy and gray, one time it down poured and stormed the other time it just spritzed. I could not believe the luck we had with the weather on this cruise.

DSC05457_zps38728453.jpg

DSC05458_zps325b0c94.jpg

DSC05459_zps77e3628c.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

I decide to leave the family behind and head to one of the upper decks to snap some more pics. While I'm up there I wave to the people on the Disney ship. Then I hear the people next to me talking about the Disney ship and wondering if its "all that". I tell them that last time I was in Nassau I was on that very ship. I also tell them that while the Disney ship is a ton of fun, the Breeze is just as nice. Unless of course you are a Disney Junkie, then you might enjoy Disney better. I told them that for the price you pay you get more bang for your buck on the Breeze, but that if they ever have the money then they should def. do a Disney cruise ;)

By now it is a little after 11:30, so I head back down to the cabin to meet up with the family so we can go eat lunch, I just wish the places opened at 11:30 instead of 12!

DSC05460_zpsa93f7e18.jpg

DSC05461_zps33496f47.jpg

DSC05462_zps222490ea.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

What a lovely review,photos,,family......my sister and bil love the breeze for the burgers!......your buck island story was much like mine.....we never had a honeymoon so we went to st Thomas for a week for our 24th.....our first adult trip...the resort took us out to buck island for our first snorkel and I burst into tears it was so overwhelmingly awesome....also took a tour of St john which was wonderful....on the way home I vowed to find a way to do this again .....I also had a small family daycare and 2 kids in college....that was 1994 and we have barely missed a year cruising or landbased....our favorite is st john but we do cruise now and then with family...it was a real pleasure to read every word and enjoy every picture.....happy future cruising!

That's my biggest fear of going on another line....seeing a Disney ship in port with me and I would long to be on it. I am the Disney Junkie and I just love everything about them and their cruises.

I still would love to try the Breeze though and it looks like a lovely ship. I think my daughter would enjoy all the activities as well.

I stumbled upon this review and am so glad that I did! What a well written, beautifully photographed account of an awesome cruise! Your great attitude is refreshing and your family is beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together! I look forward to the rest!:)