Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

Your review is awesome, I'm enjoying it and all your beautiful pictures! I haven't been to San Juan yet so I'm taking some notes and want to also bring the kitties some treats when I visit there in the future. I hope your little guy gets to feeling better and will look forward to reading more when you have time to update! :)

So we walk down to where the trolley pick up is and one pulls up just as we get there. It is packed with people but thankfully 2 people got off in one row and 3 got off in the back. We let the kids sit in the back row, which faced backwards and we sat in the room in front of them. After hopping on, I thought I should have sat in the back so I could take some pics. as the trolley drove around but it was too late to switch by that point, therefore I only got one lonely pic :( and it was of the other fort as we passed it. I had a feeling we were not going to have enough time to tour it after we had lunch!

DSC05292_zps99e782b0.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So as we're riding along I am trying to figure out what color trolley and route we are on. I had printed off a copy but in black and white, dumb me, so I was trying to figure out if we were on the right one to get us near the drop off for Casa Cortes. I wasn't sure so we just rode it into town and then hopped off at one stop and asked which way to get to Casa Cortes. By now the kids and hubby were really grumpy and cranky as they were hungry! After asking 3 different people and walking about 2 blocks up and 2 blocks over from where we had gotten off the trolley, we finally found it! It was right around 1:00.

Ahhhh, it was nice and air conditioned inside. I was mad at myself for having us get off at the wrong stop, but oh well! Once inside we found the service there to be very friendly and prompt! We were seated right away and they brought us glasses of water quickly which was great! We looked over the menu and ordered as we were starving. Now almost everything at Casa Cortes has chocolate in it. I got this really yummy drink, forget what it was called but it was like a chocolate milkshake with rum in it. We all got special cold drinks and the little guy got there hot chocolate as he was cold from the a/c. In case you are wondering, I had come across Casa Cortes back when I was researching SJ on tripadvisor. I LOVE that site! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147320-d4084778-Reviews-Casa_Cortes-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

DSC05293_zps1ccc0520.jpg

DSC05296_zps4e1ecabc.jpg

The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and we all dug in, of course we all had to try a bite of each others. The service was very attentive.

DSC05297_zps960fcc2c.jpg

DSC05298_zpseca9e189.jpg

DSC05299_zps8fa40a3a.jpg

DSC05302_zps4bba03e1.jpg

Everything was hot and delicious! We gobbled it down and enjoyed our drinks and the ice cold water. It was a nice, refreshing lunch and break! After our lunch we decided to snag some of their homemade chocolate bars to bring back as souvenirs and gifts and a giant bar to make hot chocolate when we got home! By now it was close to 2:00 and we knew we would not have time to make it to the other fort, oh well, we'll save it for next time! Then we headed out to check out some shops on our walk back to the ship.

Edited by loveysbydesign

Lunch looks really good. Did the main course have chocolate in them too?

It was yummy, all of our entrees had chocolate in them except for hubbys. My older son got Grilled chocolate and cheese, my daughter has some chicken thing, I had tapas that were chocolate and cheese bites and younger son had kids choco pizza.

We all really liked our food!

http://www.casacortespr.com/#!desayunos-tapas/c119w

http://www.casacortespr.com/#!sandwiches-vinos-tapas/c1xpb

loveysbydesign,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Looks like you all had a great time!

We were having a blast! Perfect weather, amazing ports and fun cruise ship make me happy!

Edited by loveysbydesign

We were having a blast! Perfect weather, amazing ports and fun cruise ship make me happy!

Uh Oh, Lovey I have been following this wonderful adventure from day one, I think you just let the cat out of the bag.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great adventure with us.

So after our yummy lunch we started walking down towards the ship. We stopped in a couple of cheapo gift shop to buy some things for our cat sitter and her kids. After 2 shops the hubby and kids were getting antsy so I sent them ahead and told them to wait at the park for us.

In hindsight we should have skipped the little shops and headed straight down to the park! Once we got there we saw there was an artisan market going on and there were all kinds of really cool and neat things there for sale that are made by SJ artists, the best part was the assortment of things to choose from and how cheap they were! I was regretting spending some $$ in the other shops we had already stopped at as I only had so much cash with us. Shame on me as I did not take any pics. of the market or anymore of the neat blue cobblestone streets. I am still mad at myself for that.

By now it was around 2:00 and we wanted to try to be back at the ship by 3 as sailaway was at 4. I really wished we had more time on SJ.

We looked around at all the neat stuff and bought a few things, they had everything from jewelry, to things made from clay, to leather goods etc. They also had horse and carriage rides and a piraguas stand. The kids all wanted to try one so they each got one in a different flavor. It is kind of like a snow cone except that the teen stood there and scraped ice off of a giant block of ice and then added the flavoring. Wow they were sweet! The kids went to sit down and enjoy them when my son bumped into is friend from the teen club. So the kids relaxed and chatted while I looked around some more.

DSC05304_zpsdea1168a.jpg

DSC05303_zps809ff0f3.jpg

DSC05306_zps2df6a25b.jpg

DSC05305_zps2c974bd0.jpg

DSC05313_zpsa6619e3d.jpg

We decided we had better start walking back to the ship as it was just about 3:00. The kids were full of their piraguas so hubby and I ate some and then we chucked the rest, it was just way too sweet to finish the entire thing. I was glad we bought smalls!

Of course as we walk down towards the pier we finally saw the man with the homemade ice cream cart, oh well, we'd have to try it on our next visit to SJ! We had an absolutely amazing day and enjoyed so many fun experiences in SJ!

DSC05314_zps121d359f.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

Wonderful review!! My family and I first cruise was on the Disney Dream in 2011. So we are Disney fans. We wanted to do Disney Fantasy, with a family of 6 now, the price was out of our limit. So we will be on Carnival Breeze in July. I'm hoping the kids enjoy it.

This is a great review. DH's sister was on this cruise woth her husband for their 20th anniversary. They loved the ship and San Juan was their favorite stop. They were very surprised at how beautiful it was and would go back for a longer stay. They did the Segway tour and said it was a blast.

Although I am a Princess girl this review makes me consider sailing on Carnival for the right itinerary.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by knbcruisers

Wonderful review!! My family and I first cruise was on the Disney Dream in 2011. So we are Disney fans. We wanted to do Disney Fantasy, with a family of 6 now, the price was out of our limit. So we will be on Carnival Breeze in July. I'm hoping the kids enjoy it.

Which cruise are you sailing? We are looking into the Breeze for July or August. Diehard Disney fans too but the price is out of control.

I'm so thrilled that everyone is enjoying my review! My little guy is feeling much better, although I think he passed some of it along to me as yesterday I did not even want to get out of bed, achy, weak etc. Thankfully not as bad as he had it. I started taking oscillo yesterday and it made me feel better. Today I still am not 100% but at least feel good enough to check my emails and such!

So after getting back on the Breeze the little guy wants to go to the waterworks again! He just loved playing in there. The older 2 wanted to head the clubs to see if any of their friends are there hanging out. We say go ahead and we'll meet back at the cabins, I told them if they want to get showers to be back by 5, otherwise 5:15 is fine!

The little guy gets changed and hubby and I head up to our favorite relaxing spot, the small deck right in front of the entrance to the Serenity area with a good view of the waterworks. Ryan finds his friend that he met in the kids club and they have a blast running and playing and getting wet while hubby and I sit back, relax and enjoy some cool refreshing drinks! My favorite was The Twilight Zone. Ahhh, this is the life!

DSC05315_zpse066506f.jpg

DSC05316_zps09acf286.jpg

DSC05317_zps2a31e1e8.jpg

DSC05318_zps6a08b75b.jpg

DSC05319_zpsc2812dab.jpg

DSC05330_zpse349b8dc.jpg

So as we begin to sail away from San Juan I think to myself that I can hardly believe that our cruise is almost over! We only have 2 more days aboard the beautiful Breeze, one sea day and then our final day in Nassua. I am feeling sad, but am also feeling a sense of joy and relief that our cruise aboard the Breeze has turned out to be so much better than I ever imagined it could be! So I sat there and enjoyed the sights and sounds all around me and of course took some more pics.

DSC05320_zps05d3341d.jpg

DSC05322_zps3e0c59a6.jpg

DSC05327_zps1758108e.jpg

DSC05328_zps480ddeb6.jpg

DSC05332_zpsdd9509f7.jpg

DSC05334_zps4ab1637d.jpg

DSC05297_zps960fcc2c.jpg

Thanks for telling us all about Casa Cortes! My fiance and I will be spending 5 days in San Juan before our honeymoon cruise, and I've just added this to my list of places we HAVE to check out! I'm pretty sure I'll be making the same face as your son the whole time we're there. ;)

Edited by beanies098

We finally got our little guy out of the waterworks and headed back to the cabins to shower/change. Then off to dinner we went, we had planned to watch Guardians of the Galaxy by the pool after dinner but the little guy was wiped out, as were hubby and I. So it was dinner and then back to the cabin tonight, I even took my dessert to go. The little guy went to bed, the older 2 went to the clubs and hubby and I sat out on the balcony and just relaxed.

Now I have to say that there are plenty of things to do on the ship in the evening, there were several things we planned to go to and never made it to! I didn't feel guilty about not going to them though. On Disney I always felt like we were rushing from thing to thing and that we had to get our moneys worth. It was almost stressful at times, now I know that is not Disney's fault, it was ours. On the Breeze we just were more apt to go with the flow.

DSC05348_zps26743353.jpg

DSC05350_zpsfb238996.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

DSC05297_zps960fcc2c.jpg

Thanks for telling us all about Casa Cortes! My fiance and I will be spending 5 days in San Juan before our honeymoon cruise, and I've just added this to my list of places we HAVE to check out! I'm pretty sure I'll be making the same face as your son the whole time we're there. ;)

NP, I was glad I had found it on tripadvisor. Lucky you...5 whole days in OSJ!!!

WOW!!

I have gone through all 19 pages of this review this afternoon.... what an awesome review and thank you for taking the time to post your adventures!!

Having cruised on 15 Carnival Cruises, most of them with our three kids, it is nice to see how another family enjoyed the same things we have and even more!!!

Cannot wait to read about your last two days and conclusion!

Catrin

Which cruise are you sailing? We are looking into the Breeze for July or August. Diehard Disney fans too but the price is out of control.

Hey Suebedo,

We are going on July 12 Carnival Breeze 6 days cruise. I check out all the ships info and fell in love with the Breeze.