Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

DSC05110_zps5097abe2.jpg

DSC05113_zps4906aafc.jpg

DSC05115_zps8ad6efbd.jpg

DSC05117_zpse63eec34.jpg

DSC05118_zpsd56cb068.jpg

DSC05123_zps77ca5621.jpg

I've been following along since the beginning and I normally try to wait until a review is finished before commenting (sorry for the interruption) but I just got caught up with your most recent posts and just have to tell you that these pictures are just beautiful!

So by 6:00 I decide I better head back to the room. just in case someone wakes up and wonders where I am!

It's still not busy anywhere.

DSC05135_zps555f4b4a.jpg

DSC05136_zps8d3cf489.jpg

I head back to my cabin and crawl back under the covers hoping to sleep for the next hour or so. The plan is to have the kids up by 9:00, grab some breakfast and then head off for our fun-filled day in San Juan!

I've been following along since the beginning and I normally try to wait until a review is finished before commenting (sorry for the interruption) but I just got caught up with your most recent posts and just have to tell you that these pictures are just beautiful!

Awe, thank you that is so sweet of you to say! There are even more pics. that I took in between these pics. that I posted, just didn't want to post them all. I was still trying to get used to my $100 Sony point and shoot camera and so i took a bunch and was so happy that many of them turned out so beautiful! Glad you are following along!

Since I do not have any little ones here today and my kids all went back to school I am eager to continue my update!!!

So after crawling back under the covers for while I get up around 7:30 and see this outside my balcony door!

DSC05137_zps3115137d.jpg

We have arrived in San Juan and would be docking soon. It looked like another perfectly sunny weather day was on tap for us yet again. I was so amazed at the perfect weather we were having throughout our entire cruise, I felt like I was dreaming! I took some more pic.s while the rest of my crew blissfully slept.

DSC05138_zpsf1cda611.jpg

DSC05139_zps4637e4c8.jpg

Looked like they were working on adding a new dock???

DSC05142_zpscd4a356b.jpg

DSC05143_zpsce4eca53.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

I decide to let everyone sleep a bit longer and just relax out on the balcony and take some more pics. Give me sunshine, blue skies and a camera and I can be quite content! My 40th birthday cruise was turning out to be nothing short of spectacular!

DSC05148_zpsbc8e761b.jpg

DSC05150_zps3fad2789.jpg

DSC05141_zps301a75fd.jpg

DSC05140_zps38467014.jpg

Jeff finally wakes up and joins me out on the balconies! Best decision ever to book those coves!

DSC05149_zps1b605c14.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

"Patiently" waiting for more . We just got off our second Disney cruise a few weeks ago. We LOVE DCL but can no longer justify the price. I never thought I would sail Carnival but the Breeze really appeals to us. I can't wait ti hear the rest of your review.

"Patiently" waiting for more . We just got off our second Disney cruise a few weeks ago. We LOVE DCL but can no longer justify the price. I never thought I would sail Carnival but the Breeze really appeals to us. I can't wait ti hear the rest of your review.
Here are some other Breeze threads including a video one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2134649

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2073834&highlight=breeze

So we finally woke the kids up around 9:00 and we all got dressed and headed down to the lido for a filling breakfast before heading out for our walk around Old San Juan. The older 2 were def. not happy to be awakened from their slumber!

We went to the back of the Lido towards Pizza pirate as there were always open tables and no lines back there. Hubby stopped to get a breakfast burrito(he loved them!) and then joined us. Our most favorite waiter ever, Dejan, was always on the lookout for us in the morning and today was no exception. It was so nice to chat with him every morning and I was thinking we were really going to miss him when we got off the Breeze. My favorite thing to get in the Lido was the delicious french toast, a piece or 2 of crispy bacon and lots of fresh fruit! We also loved the muffins and fresh breads they had out each morning.

After breakfast we headed back to our cabins to grab the small soft sided cooler and fill it up with water bottles, my purse and something special to take along for our walk ;)! We also put on some sunblock as it was going to be a pretty sunny and hot day, it looked like the day would remain a cloudless, blue sky type of day...another beautiful day on tap for us. I could not wait to explore Old San Juan. I was curious to see how our day would pan out and if we would be able to get everything done that we had planned or not.

Edited by loveysbydesign

I had printed out a map of Old San Juan and a map of the trolley route. We planned to walk up to Fort #1 on our list, del Morro with some stops along the way and then take the trolley around town to grab lunch before heading to fort #2, San Cristobel.

I wanted to stop at the tourism office and by the looks of the map it should have been easy to find but it wasn't. We walked towards the park and the small yellow casita in it, but it wasn't open, then we backtracked a block and there was a very small office in the corner of this giant building. Apparently you can sign up for tours there, but we planned to do our own so we just grabbed some info. from the one lady in there and headed back out towards the park and onward.

My kids were already griping about being hot and tired...oh boy, I was scared to think how the rest of the day would go! By now it was 9:45 and as we walked along I admired how pretty it looked there and loved the colors of the old buildings we walked past. We stopped at some benches in the shade and drank some water. We practically had this lovely shaded street all to ourselves and in the distance we could see the fountain. We headed that way while I also took some pics! The sky was a gorgeous shade of blue. The trees along the street were so unique and I could not get over how beautiful they were, I had never seen any like them before in my life.

DSC05151_zps1b74cb61.jpg

DSC05152_zpsfa696bbf.jpg

DSC05154_zps8831b82a.jpg

DSC05155_zps8db789fd.jpg

DSC05157_zpsdb2fe8c5.jpg

DSC05158_zpscbc807f0.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

I for one am glad you got up so early and took those gorgeous sunrise pictures.

The kids crack me up as they do not look enthuised at all in the pictures.

Thanks!

Too many long nights in a row at the tween/teen clubs for my older two! They LOVED the clubs, the counselors and the other kids and did not make it back to the cabins til around 12:30 every night! Plus the older 2 do not like having pics. taken of them to begin with, I must have heard "Mom not more pics."at least a hundred times while on vacay!

Edited by loveysbydesign

So that building ended up being the Puerto Rico Tourism building...and what was really funny is that they had an art show going on inside called "OINK!"

We were the only tourists in there so we looked around and I took some pics. of the pigs and took a free "OINK!" booklet to give to my mother in law when we got home from our vacay...she LOVES pigs! We used the restrooms and then took some pics. by the Giant Christmas tree they had put up inside. Everyone there was helpful and friendly. My kids enjoyed the air conditioning . Next stop was the fountain.

DSC05163_zps8e2f3a19.jpg

DSC05162_zpsc3f45dae.jpg

DSC05161_zps1683761c.jpg

DSC05160_zpse968d715.jpg

DSC05165_zpsf3c9e92a.jpg

Our faces look funny in this shot as I tried to utilize the self timer....it didn't work out too well!

DSC05168_zpsf8a13fb5.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

Then we walked down some steps to get closer to the water and walked along the pretty path on the way to our next stop. It was so clean and peaceful. It was like we had the path all to ourselves! We saw a lizard or 2 and even a crab out on a rock. The little guy was into all the critters we saw along the way. The older two had stopped griping and seemed to be enjoying our stroll.

DSC05176_zps29914ed8.jpg

DSC05177_zpse67e15f4.jpg

DSC05178_zpsccacacb8.jpg

DSC05179_zps390fb5af.jpg

DSC05180_zps04ee6603.jpg

DSC05182_zpscde6b253.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

We kept walking and eventually came to a shaded area with a really cool tree and then finally to the Old Gate of San Juan. We walked through it and came to a pretty blue fountain and then saw our first gato of San Juan. I knew we must be getting close to our next stop of our walking tour! I loved the blue cobblestone streets. They were so pretty.

DSC05184_zps570b1c4c.jpg

DSC05185_zps7f33ae4c.jpg

I called this the Chewbacca tree!

DSC05186_zpsa60f8c55.jpg

DSC05187_zps450ca5f4.jpg

DSC05189_zps6bc37a67.jpg

DSC05190_zps2a6b7419.jpg

Thanks for such a awesome review! I am also a Disney lover, been on the Disney Dream and WDW many of times. A couple of years ago we started giving our kids the choice of 1 Disney trip/cruise or 2 Carnival cruises and they pick the 2 Carnival every time;) Still love our Disney but over the years it has become quite pricey (as everything). We have not been on the Breeze yet, but have our 2 cruises booked on the Breeze (8 days for both) this year(different itineraries) and cannot wait!!

Joining in! I was so glad to see this review. We've been on RCI, Carnival and Disney but our last two cruises have been on Disney and we were afraid we'd been spoiled. We love everything Disney and currently have another cruise booked on the Disney Fantasy; however, we are thinking about switching and cruising on the Breeze so that we can use the money saved on another vacation to WDW. I've really enjoyed your review and it's helping make the decision a bit easier! Love all the pictures and can't wait to read the rest of it. Thanks for keeping it up!

Loving this review and I'm taking my second trip on the Breeze later this month for the bloggers cruise. Did the Disney Wonder 13 years ago and we are doing the Disney Fantasy later this year for our 25th anniversary. We even upgraded yesterday to deck 11. Never gone the concierge route before.

Loveysbydesign I hope you're doing okay up there in PA. Lived up in Edinboro just off Lake Erie so I know how PA winters are

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by edinboro cruiser