Wonderland

bb215

If you have never tried a molecular gastronomy restaurant, you will find this a very adventurous menu and will find items you love and items you find a bit strange.

As the waiters are very well trained, they will guide you through the experience. If you are a group, it might be a good idea to share some of the small courses and then others are very small single 'taste' items.

The Earth course is basically the main course and is served in large portions. The menu is not traditional and someone not liking to try new things should avoid this venue.

I will post a couple of photos with individual posts to follow.

I was at Wonderland on the first night of the maiden voyage. I have no idea if they have updated things, but at the end of the meal the waiter stated that at Wonderland we do not do courses, we have flavors and then recommended a desert sampler.

Interestingly, one of the ingredients in the featured 'desert' replacement was tuna. Again the presentation was quite good.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were also at Wonderland the first night of the TA, did we meet on this cruise? LOL :D

We dined as a couple and chose from the menu, a group of friends arrived a bit later and went with the suggested 'adventure' by their waiter so had no idea what was coming.

I loved the duck fritter and the little cones. We also had the single lime scoured out and filled with tuna, don't know what it was called. I also had the beef, OMG, the size of it. All the appetisers we had were itsy bitsy and then that came! The potatoes served with the beef reminded me of Cadbury mini eggs in a hard candy shell.

I also had the liquid olive, reminded me of a frog spawn when it popped in the mouth, like you not my favourite.

The food experience was different, I would not repeat it and I would struggle to find something on the menu my 8 year old grandson would eat and he is a good eater.

Anyone tried Wonderland and what are your views?

Also, are well-behaved children (mine are 7 and 8), welcome?

just my thoughts..

I can't imagine it would be a suitable restaurant for children.;)

I certainly wouldn't take any there myself., regardless of the name.

Qsine on Celebrity is the same, we found it too overwhelming for us 6 adults to "take in" .... let alone kids.

and at $45 each its not cheap to take 2 kids who probably won't eat anything they bring out.

just my thoughts..

I can't imagine it would be a suitable restaurant for children.;)

I certainly wouldn't take any there myself., regardless of the name.

Qsine on Celebrity is the same, we found it too overwhelming for us 6 adults to "take in" .... let alone kids.

and at $45 each its not cheap to take 2 kids who probably won't eat anything they bring out.

They are supposed to be doing $8 for all the speciality restaurants for kids under 12, and I think possibly free for the youngest (under 3 perhaps?- not sure the age cut-off on this).

I had booked several restaurants for my DD at the regular prices and was told we will receive the difference in OBC onboard.

She likes many more foods than I, and so she and DH are booked for Wonderland while I'll go hit Johnny Rockets.... lol

Edited by powelweb

We were also at Wonderland the first night of the TA, did we meet on this cruise? LOL :D

The food experience was different, I would not repeat it and I would struggle to find something on the menu my 8 year old grandson would eat and he is a good eater.

I do not think we met. I have always enjoyed your posts and you were among the many onboard this sailing I would have liked to have met up with from CC. I really needed this sailing to be longer than 8 days.

I am a big fan of this type of venue and have visited many similar restaurants all around the globe and really respect RCI's attempt with this venue on Quantum and Oasis class.

I will most definitely try Wonderland again if it is available on any of my future sailings. That said, I am really looking forward to my next few cruises being on Freedom, Vision or Radiance class ships.

I think if they are charging only $8, I would not hesitate taking the 'right' child to Wonderland, but there are few children that are open to something this adventurous.

As the number of dishes you try are up to you, dining at Wonderland would take from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on those dining. I think 2 hours would be the average dining time.

I do not think we met. I have always enjoyed your posts and you were among the many onboard this sailing I would have liked to have met up with from CC. I really needed this sailing to be longer than 8 days .

That is very kind of you to say that.

The odds of bumping into each other again are greatly reduced now as we are reigning in our cruise addiction. :)

It took me years to finally meet Liz ( Elizanessie) , persistance pays off:D

If someone is not an adventurous eater, are there things from the Wonderland menu that you would recommend as more safe choices than others? My daughter and I are quite adventurous, not sure about my son. (They are both teenagers.)

Here is a link to the menu..have your teens read it, and tell them that it will cost you 45 a head even if they don't eat anything...and remember that what is written, may look nothing like what arrives on the plate....lol

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/wonderland/

Edited by jannandjohn

Any additional wonderland pictures and recommendations. I am the picky eater in the family my kids 11 and 13 have been looking forward to it since they saw the video about it. They have looked at the menu and I am confidant they will eat just fine...me on the other hand no so much

I know its expensive but I booked it for the first nigh because they are so excited about it......I am worried about me but its not like I will go hungry

My daughter (13) and I tried it and loved the Wonderland experience -- though not all of the tastes. I wouldn't take kids (or adults for that matter) unless they are adventurous eaters looking for a strange and interesting journey through some very different tastes, smells, and sights.

Remember, the Promenade Cafe is only a deck away and the Wind Jammer not much farther (perhaps little solace after $45 though) :)