Hawaii cruise info

north29

Looking at a Hawaii cruise, need info on tendered ports.

Yes I know weather will change at the drop of a isobar, but know nothing about the tendered ports, are they protected from waves etc.

How great is the risk of the tendering process being canceled because of high surf in May/April.

Looking at a Hawaii cruise, need info on tendered ports.

Yes I know weather will change at the drop of a isobar, but know nothing about the tendered ports, are they protected from waves etc.

How great is the risk of the tendering process being canceled because of high surf in May/April.

Which cruise line are you looking at ?

On our recent trip the tendered ports were Kailua-Kona and Lahaina (Maui). Basically just anchored offshore. As for the weather, who knows but I suspect the odds are on your side.

Kona.

P1040102.jpg

Edited by pspercy

But it docks in Kahului which isn't as nice as Lahaina but arguably better located for excursions like Haleakala, Hana etc:)

:) Very true about the location, but I'd rather dock at Kahului, as I've read several reviews that said Lahaina had to be skipped due to high wind and waves. And personally? I think Lahaina's overrated and the entire area is becoming sadly over-developed. :( I was really disappointed last February when I returned after 20 years to see a mini Oahu developing on Maui.

Edited by greatlakesgirl

:) Very true about the location, but I'd rather dock at Kahului, as I've read several reviews that said Lahaina had to be skipped due to high wind and waves. And personally? I think Lahaina's overrated and the entire area is becoming sadly over-developed. :( I was really disappointed last February when I returned after 20 years to see a mini Oahu developing on Maui.

Yes, they're going to kill the golden goose if they're not careful.