Embarkation & Staterooms

Merly

Can you tell me about the embarkation process, do we have to embark at the time on our e ticket or can we be processed when we arrive?

Also what time can we expect access to our staterooms please?

Many thanks

Cunard are in the process of changing the embarkation procedure, It used to be Turn up wait a little while then board, But!!! how the new system will actually work is not yet known. Cabins are available as soon as you board no waiting around for them to be made ready.

Can you tell me about the embarkation process, do we have to embark at the time on our e ticket or can we be processed when we arrive?

Also what time can we expect access to our staterooms please?

Many thanks

Hi Merly. You can (should) embark at the time specified on your e-ticket and have every reason to expect that embarkation will move smoothly. If not, you have good reason to complain. On the other hand if you want to embark early, you take your chances.

Expect that your stateroom should be ready at your designated boarding time, and that your luggage should arrive soon after you enter your cabin. Of, course that depends on whether or not passengers comply with the boarding schedule.

Truth be told, I haven't followed the boarding schedule. Despite having priority boarding (a World Club benefit), we arrive late in the afternoon. Very pleasant embarkation. Just my personal experience based on boarding QM2 in Red Hook, 12 cruises. Experiences differ :) Cheers, -S

Edited by Salacia

My experience suggests that you cannot guarantee that your stateroom will be ready before 2pm. it might be....but it might not!

This has never been our experience!

I thought it was Cunard policy not to commence boarding until ALL cabins were ready for occupation.

This has never been our experience!

I thought it was Cunard policy not to commence boarding until ALL cabins were ready for occupation.

I merely speak as I (have) found. On QE last year we boarded around 12.30 but our cabin was not ready until 1.45.

The OP asked a question, and I answered it honestly.