Carnival Gift Card promotion Black Friday weekend

DancingDinosaur

If I've done my math right, if you have a Carnival Card, it's not brainer to do it through the Carnival site. If you don't have a Carnival Card, but do have Verizon, it's a slightly better return on Verizon because you only spend $450 to get the $500. Math..... :-)

Isn't the Verizon 10% off? $450 = $45. $500 = $50 = same as Carnival. Unless I'm doing my math wrong.

The only way I see it being better through Verizon is if you bought $300 = $30 vs Carnival's $300 = $25.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Isn't the Verizon 10% off? $450 = $45. $500 = $50 = same as Carnival. Unless I'm doing my math wrong.

The only way I see it being better through Verizon is if you bought $300 = $30 vs Carnival's $300 = $25.

Looks to me like the Carnival deal is the best. I only have to spend and extra $50 to get an extra $50 in OBC. Seems like a no brainer to me. The only caveat is you have to use the promotional money onboard and it expires in a year.

Spend $450 to get $500 (Verizon)

or

Spend $500 to get $600 (Carnival)

Edited by belkin

Thank you to the OP and everyone else here.

Just bought enough ( $2500.00 ) to pay off my cruise and now will also have $250.00 in OBC.

I would not have known about this unless I saw this posting.

My liver won't be happy with the OBC but I sure will be :D

Ok I might be stupid but $500 is a lot of money to me. I just wanted to clarify. If I buy this card and then book my next cruise I can use the ecard to pay for the actual cruise. Is that correct? Then the bonus money could I use it to pay for things like airport transfers? Please advise. thanks

Ok I might be stupid but $500 is a lot of money to me. I just wanted to clarify. If I buy this card and then book my next cruise I can use the ecard to pay for the actual cruise. Is that correct? Then the bonus money could I use it to pay for things like airport transfers? Please advise. thanks

I just bought $500 worth and used it for a deposit. I have also paid off a cruise using gift cards.

The bonus will be another gift card just like they did with the Father's Day promotion. You can use it for anything that you purchase ahead of time through Carnival or apply it to your S&S account while on board.

I'm not too sure that you can use the bonus card for transfers. According to the fine print, the bonus card can only be used onboard.

From http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com ...

Promotional Gift Card can only be used onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Hope this help!

-DD

Edited by DancingDinosaur

Does anyone know how/when the bonus part is applied? I tried to buy $500 but didn't see anything about the $50 bonus.

The bonus is suppose to arrive I a acouple of weeks but I don't know if it will be ecard or by mail, I am waiting on ours to get here.

If I've done my math right, if you have a Carnival Card, it's not brainer to do it through the Carnival site. If you don't have a Carnival Card, but do have Verizon, it's a slightly better return on Verizon because you only spend $450 to get the $500. Math..... :-)

We did the Verizon ones firt to book our cruise but I did take avantage of this offer by Carnival because we have a CCMastercard so we got $100 bonus. Plus we also get the points on our account that can go for future trips.

Re message # 41. I read that line andthought that was what it might mean, but I aam very careful about small print! I did try to put two cards on One form justtoseewhat it did on the page, but as someone else has noted, they too were unable to get the 1 under quantity to change to more, like 2 or 3. Anybody done that successfully yet?

I tried using 3 separate computers and couldn't get it to work . I ended up with 5 transactions , for $500.00 each . On the fourth transaction my Amex put a hold on my account. Amex called me with a fraud alert just as I was getting ready to call them . I let them know I was going crazy buying Carnival gift Cards and they let the others through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I purchased 4 / $500 gift cards, in one transaction, this morning and .95 cents for shipping, I wanted plastic cards.

Based on my reading, I'll receive 4 / $100 promo e-cards, paid with Carnival MC, 2 weeks after promo ends.

Hope I'm right!

What a deal!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I am looking to see if these promo cards that are given for purchasing carnival gift cards have an expiration? Does anyone know if the promo cards that will be sent in 2 wks ever expire? Thanks so much!

The actual gift card that you purchase has NO expiration date. The promotion card that they give you as a reward expires in after 1 year.

I purchased 4@$500 in 4 separate transactions with my Carnival MasterCard. I also took a screen shot of the promo just on case I have problems in the future. I will use the purchased cards to pay off my cruise and the bonus one for onboard.

Anyone know if I would get obc for early saver price drops if I used these to pay off my cruise before final payment, or would the drop be credited back to the gift card?

Well CRUD CRUD CRUD... just bought two $500 cards.... did one and applied it to the balance...no issues so I bought a 2nd.

Got the link... and SECONDS later went to apply it and it is saying the balance is $0... double checked... still zero.... waited 10 minutes... still zero!!!