Coco Cay visit canceled due to rough seas

Tyron

Captain Ban just announced the Quantum will miss our last port due to rough seas. So 3 sea days before returning to Bayonne Monday morning. :cool:

Sorry to hear that, let the PAX grumbling begin! I'm sure the people most sorry to hear that are the guest services staff... :p

Amazingly I still haven't sailed to Coco Cay yet, but a couple of weeks ago I was next door at NCL's Great Stirrup Cay. The seas weren't weren't rough at all, yet the tendering process was still kind of perilous... it was bobbing up and down pretty significantly, making it hard to board from the ship (Breakaway). It gave me a new appreciation for why Coco Cay and Great Stirrup Cay are so frequently skipped as ports!

It will be interesting to hear if the Quantum entertainment staff are up to the task now.

It was amazing to see how quickly the Majesty staff went into action with the cancellation of a call at Coco Cay and had a new daily schedule of events out within just over an hour and distributed to each stateroom with a full 'sea day' list of activities planned.

Sorry to hear that, let the PAX grumbling begin! I'm sure the people most sorry to hear that are the guest services staff... :p

Amazingly I still haven't sailed to Coco Cay yet, but a couple of weeks ago I was next door at NCL's Great Stirrup Cay. The seas weren't weren't rough at all, yet the tendering process was still kind of perilous... it was bobbing up and down pretty significantly, making it hard to board from the ship (Breakaway). It gave me a new appreciation for why Coco Cay and Great Stirrup Cay are so frequently skipped as ports!

Sorry the stop was cancelled.

And that is exactly why I decided to not sail on Quantum in the spring. Nassau and PC just won't cut it for me :D

@ Dave. You're right the cancellation was due to sea conditions being perilous for the tenders. It's smooth sailing for the ship as we head slowly back to Bayonne.

@ OfTheSeasCruiser. I agree 100%. This itinerary sucks. LOL

It will be interesting to hear if the Quantum entertainment staff are up to the task now.

It was amazing to see how quickly the Majesty staff went into action with the cancellation of a call at Coco Cay and had a new daily schedule of events out within just over an hour and distributed to each stateroom with a full 'sea day' list of activities planned.

OMG! The cast from the shows are PHENOMENAL! The invisible CD, Jimmy Rhodes just announced a "revised" cruise compass with today's activities will be available within the hour :cool: