Entrees in specialty dining

mein18

Depending on the Restaurant, its an $10 for an additional entree - I know Cagney's and Le Bistro charge extra for additional one but I forget the other restaurant that charges as well. For appetizers, its unlimited if its a restaurant with a cover charge.

This is what I found on NCL's website. Sounds like the only additional main courses that cost extra are at Cagney's and Le Bistro.

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

This is what I found on NCL's website. Sounds like the only additional main courses that cost extra are at Cagney's and Le Bistro.

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

Just note that the above is from the T&Cs for the Ultimate Dining Package. It may be different if you pay per meal.

Just note that the above is from the T&Cs for the Ultimate Dining Package. It may be different if you pay per meal.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Cagneys-Breakaway-101314.pdf

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Le-Bistro-Breakaway-101314.pdf

Here's the menu of both restaurants on the Breakaway (it same across the fleet if the ship has those restaurants) and look all the way to the bottom and read the super fine little print - its additional $10 for a 2nd entree.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Cagneys-Breakaway-101314.pdf

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Le-Bistro-Breakaway-101314.pdf

Here's the menu of both restaurants on the Breakaway (it same across the fleet if the ship has those restaurants) and look all the way to the bottom and read the super fine little print - its additional $10 for a 2nd entree.

Yes, those two certainly charge for extras, but the others may do as well, outside of the UDP.

Ocean Blue, for example, isn't included in the UDP is it? I'd imagine they charge extra there.

I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't easily check the other menus at the moment.

Edited by KeithJenner

Yes, those two certainly charge for extras, but the others may do as well, outside of the UDP.

Ocean Blue, for example, isn't included in the UDP is it? I'd imagine they charge extra there.

I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't easily check the other menus at the moment.

No, that the actual cover charge menu for both restaurants. Wish I had updated Ocean Blue menu but I'm can't seem to find one except for the one on beyondships.

Edited by maywell

Thank you all! We have the UDP on the Star in January. I am one who enjoys trying as many varieties as possible throughout a cruise without creating/leaving any waste. $10 is a fair charge if the entrees are as good as I have read. Aside from the specialty restaurants, we will go broke at the sushi bar even with the UDP discount. :)

Make sure you try Moderno! The skewers of different types of meat will keep coming, until you turn your card over from green to red. Once you figure out your favourites, you can then just limit it to those ones!

I truly forgot about Moderno's unlimited meats, sides and the salad bar!! All for $20 per person, gotta go in there super hungry. :D