Adventure of the Seas 7 Day Southern Caribbean Compasses

So hoping you do a review thread when you get home. And yes, the compasses would be great also.

All this snow just makes me want to read more and more on the Adventure. 22 days and counting!!!

Hi Waterbugohio! I met you on the Liberty Nov 2012...hope all is well..I am going on the AOS Nov 14 & doing the St. Lucia,St. Croix,Antigua,St. Thomas & Grenada cruise..my friends were on this one year ago & loved the ports, hated the AOS- they are almost Diamond & said food was "mediocre at best" and shows stunk..worst RCI cruise ever & when I invited them to join us this Nov., they said, "not even if it was free"..wow, that's bad!! They just got off their 2nd NCL Breakaway Cruise and said it was outstanding in every way & blew away the AOS in every category..funny, I couldn't get them to try any other cruise lines, and now they love NCL & tried the Ruby Princess & loved that as well...please write a review & let me know your impressions of the SHIP , besides the ports & excursions..I will be looking forward to your review....have a great cruise!!

Big Al

Hi Waterbugohio! I met you on the Liberty Nov 2012...hope all is well..I am going on the AOS Nov 14 & doing the St. Lucia,St. Croix,Antigua,St. Thomas & Grenada cruise..my friends were on this one year ago & loved the ports, hated the AOS- they are almost Diamond & said food was "mediocre at best" and shows stunk..worst RCI cruise ever & when I invited them to join us this Nov., they said, "not even if it was free"..wow, that's bad!! They just got off their 2nd NCL Breakaway Cruise and said it was outstanding in every way & blew away the AOS in every category..funny, I couldn't get them to try any other cruise lines, and now they love NCL & tried the Ruby Princess & loved that as well...please write a review & let me know your impressions of the SHIP , besides the ports & excursions..I will be looking forward to your review....have a great cruise!!

Big Al

Yes Al, I remember you from the Liberty.

Will try to do a review when we get home. I need to take the time to makes notes as the days go on the ship. I do love to journal, but don't always find the time for it.

We have friends on the Nov.14th sailing. Would love to talk the hubby into going again, but not sure if that will happen. November sure is cheaper than March!!!

Sure hope your friends are wrong and our cruise is good. Hoping Suzy will come back and do a review.

Time to get away from this cold and snow.

Yes Al, I remember you from the Liberty.

Will try to do a review when we get home. I need to take the time to makes notes as the days go on the ship. I do love to journal, but don't always find the time for it.

We have friends on the Nov.14th sailing. Would love to talk the hubby into going again, but not sure if that will happen. November sure is cheaper than March!!!

Sure hope your friends are wrong and our cruise is good. Hoping Suzy will come back and do a review.

Time to get away from this cold and snow.

OK, thanks..when is your sailing date 3/22 ?

For the posters that have recently completed a cruise on AOS, can you please advise on the recent technology upgrades, particularly the internet speed and packages? Thanks!

Poolside big screen was a fun way to watch the Super Bowl.

Digital wayfinders near all the elevator lobbies.

Pervasive WiFi. Not much difference in internet speed from the year before, but unlimited pricing ($190 per week for one device) is available.

I saved all the compasses, crab was on the menu on friday night I.believe, 2nd formal night and 70s party was on thursday nigh, still traveling home but.cannemail.compasses later this week if u email me I will scan them in. Email suzyrn89@yahoo.com

Suzy, I am traveling on the Adventure of the Seas in less than 3 weeks and was wondering if I could email you to get a copy of the compasses also. Would you also know how much extra it was for the Speciality Rest? One last question did you happen to notice if anyone did not get all dressed up for one of the formal nights. We are trying to decide if we should do both formal nights or try to pack lite and do just one formal night and the specially rest the other formal night. Thanks in Advance.

Suzy, I am traveling on the Adventure of the Seas in less than 3 weeks and was wondering if I could email you to get a copy of the compasses also. Would you also know how much extra it was for the Speciality Rest? One last question did you happen to notice if anyone did not get all dressed up for one of the formal nights. We are trying to decide if we should do both formal nights or try to pack lite and do just one formal night and the specially rest the other formal night. Thanks in Advance.

Just returned from AOS on Sunday and the formal nights were as formal as you wanted to be. Some people were in jeans and a dress shirt.

Would someone mind posting post-dry dock balcony cabin photos? I'm trying to determine if the "curtain" between the bed and the sitting area is just one that goes 1/4 of the way, or if it goes further. Trying to see how this travel with a 1 year old will work, and if she can easily see us, no bueno! :-D

Would someone mind posting post-dry dock balcony cabin photos? I'm trying to determine if the "curtain" between the bed and the sitting area is just one that goes 1/4 of the way, or if it goes further. Trying to see how this travel with a 1 year old will work, and if she can easily see us, no bueno! :-D

I can only speak of pre drydock, and as far as I know, other than the new TV s the staterooms were largely unchanged. The curtain in our cabin was 1/4 length

49f1b8ebb954475c2cdd04c345a520a3.jpg

Does the ship still have the Aquarium bar with Fish Tanks?

I believe Explorer is the only ship left with fish in the aquarium. Probably only for a few weeks until dry dock too.

I can only speak of pre drydock, and as far as I know, other than the new TV s the staterooms were largely unchanged. The curtain in our cabin was 1/4 length

49f1b8ebb954475c2cdd04c345a520a3.jpg

Thank you! That's what I was afraid of. Now off to figure out how to hang a magnetic curtain so I can keep the 18 month old sleeping, because if she sees us, even if it is 3:30 in the am, she'll think it's party time!

Just got back 2 days ago, our curtain between bed and sofa only wen 1/4 of the way, the bracket it hooked to did not extend wider than the width of the sofa.

Tried to post the compass and excursion brochure from this past week but it wont let me. I have them saved as a pdf file if someone knows how I will email them and they can post.

Suzy, someone on our roll call knows how to post them to a google site. Will have him chime in on this thread.

thanks

Tried to post the compass and excursion brochure from this past week but it wont let me. I have them saved as a pdf file if someone knows how I will email them and they can post.

Yeah, it's a pain, but unless they are pictures; they have to be hosted somewhere else and then can you post the links. It's one of the reasons I use my own website for stuff! I did get your email, if I can post your compasses on my website, I will let you know, then you can post them here!

Thank you!!

Edited by Familygoboston

Yeah, it's a pain, but unless they are pictures; they have to be hosted somewhere else and then can you post the links. It's one of the reasons I use my own website for stuff! I did get your email, if I can post your compasses on my website, I will let you know, then you can post them here!

Thank you!!

Family, did you figure out who to share the compasses?? Suzy tried to email them to me, but apparently because of the file sizes, I could not accept them. Don't understand, just know I can't get them.

Can they be posted somewhere?? Or can you make the files smaller to send on to me??

Any advice??

Family, did you figure out who to share the compasses?? Suzy tried to email them to me, but apparently because of the file sizes, I could not accept them. Don't understand, just know I can't get them.

Can they be posted somewhere?? Or can you make the files smaller to send on to me??

Any advice??

What format are the compasses in? Are they photos or scanned PDFs? I use an app called( believe it or not) " Reduce Photo Size" Also I do everything through the Tapatalk app in a mobile device and it does a good job when attaching docs and fotos.

Any advice??

Here's what I can figure out- (with help from technical support dept, Hubby, who is getting tired and cranky at 10 PM here on the east coast)

One option is Suzy would need to upload the compasses to a hosting website like Dropbox, then share the link to Dropbox. She's emailed them, but it sounds like you can't open the Pdf for some reason? I've been able to download the Pdf and I've even emailed it to a few folks on my own roll call, but it's not easy for me to put a Pdf up on my own website. He's still looking into a way to post a downloadable Pdf on our website, it might be possible, but we haven't found if it is.

However, if that won't work, my technical support dept, (ie hubby) tells me he can change those PDFs to JPEGs in photo shop and then I could put those JPEGs on our website and or here on CC. In that case they would be "pictures" you could see, and print as "pictures". Given that there are 28 pages and CC limits photos to 6 per post, I'd be more inclined to post a link to my site where you could view them. However, it's geting late, and we will not have time to "convert" and post them all tonight. I'll let you know if I have success and post here if I do!

Lastly, we leave in 6 weeks, and I will have no trouble posting the Cruise Compasses I have scanned myself as jpegs, and will definitely do that when I write my Adventure review after our cruise! In the meantime, I can see the ones Suzy was so kind to email, and I'm happy to look over them if you have a specific question!

Thank you! That's what I was afraid of. Now off to figure out how to hang a magnetic curtain so I can keep the 18 month old sleeping, because if she sees us, even if it is 3:30 in the am, she'll think it's party time!

Two medium magnetic hooks from home depot (metal ceiling) and a cheap shower curtain, the tyke will practically have it's own cabin[emoji3]