Location of Concierge Lounge on Insignia?

chrisoutofafrica

Concierge has a different boarding priority. Different date for reserving specialty restaurants. More reservations for same. Hot items on room service breakfast menu. That is off the top of my head. Sorry you weren't aware before you went or during the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that several newbies to Oceania have been assuming that the perks available on Marina and Riviera are also available on the smaller ships. That just isn't the case. Many are! But not all.

And the Concierge and Executive Lounges are two things that don't exist on the "R" ships. Frankly, I almost never use them when I'm on board the "O" ships but since they are often crowded when I pass by, obviously my opinion is not universal. But unless you want a quick snack (available elsewhere) or the ability to use some computers or read a newspaper, the lounges are not essential. (IMO)

Mura

Thanks for the replies. This is only our second cruise, first being the Riveriera just last year, but we were not in Concierge class.

This time we are on the Insignia, and after reading about the room Number 6089, realized that we were in the same type of room with the "compromised" window view. (portside 6086). See the recent posts here on this site.

However, we were just going to keep it and not worry about any lost view. Not a big deal. But the other day, the TA called and offered us a nominal paid upgrade to A2 room. I wasn't even at home, was in a dept store dressing room trying on cruise wear. (LOL). But I decided to go for it.

Funnily enough, the thing I was most looking forward to was having a cup of coffee while reading the newspapers (as many as I could find) in the lounge.

Anyhow, again, I say, not a big deal. We were going to pay for a couple of spa days anyways, and now we also get a bottle of bubbly too. And maybe we shall have a hot breakie one day.

Decided to keep it a surprise for DH, so he still thinks we have the room with the "funny" patio.

And YES, we newbies have a great deal to learn, and I SO look forward to my future education on all the O.cruise ships!!