Water Slide Update

BalletDad

I've never sailed on Carnival.. Is this waterslide only for the kids? Or it's also for teens (wonder if for my 14 yo will be able to use it, we will be on Liberty) ?

When we were on the Jubilee they would not let me 5 yr. old use the water slide! They said she was too short? Too short for what? She has been swimming since she was 6 months old and could probably out swim the guy watching the slide. I was so mad, this was her first ship with a slide so of course this is the first thing she tried to do. Her and her brother went to the top and he came down the slide and she was sent back down the stairs! There she sat on the edge of the pool while the others went up and down a hundred times! She was so upset she cried and I was ready to eat someone for lunch over it! But my husband just said to let it go?! So for the rest of the week we avoided that pool area like the plague!

So the moral of this story is, don't assume your child can go down the water slide bc of height requirements??? some can't so check before you book so this won't be an issue for your kids on your next cruise! Wish I would have known and to top it off, she couldn't go down solo and we could not go down with her??!:rolleyes:

Cruizinrican

Cruzinrican,

I am very sorry for your daughter but many children that age are not able to swim and the protection there is probably for them. I have a son who is short for his age and often found that height requirements restricted him from doing things that others did at his age so I understand your frustration as well as your daughters.

My question is, why are the slides on these ships down so often? Does it have to do with sea conditions or is it something else?

Hi All,

Yes, we're on board as I type. The slide(s) was/were closed allegedly due to a litigation issue after someone got hurt. Crew/staff won't give me as straight answer but bottom line is ours has been open.

Height restriction, yes but not sure what it is since my kids are a bit bigger so I never paid attention. Also, it appears they close the slide in rough weather, which we had a bit of yesterday as we sailed through the remnants of Hilary.

Otherwise, a great time being had by all......very nice ship!

Archived