Advice please-sewage smell Celebrity Millennium

voyager2011

Hi

My parents are considering booking on the Celebrity Millennium in January from Singapore. They are somewhat concerned regarding the recent reviews regarding the smell of sewage on this boat and would appreciate any comments/advice regarding this.

Many thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
Hi

My parents are considering booking on the Celebrity Millennium in January from Singapore. They are somewhat concerned regarding the recent reviews regarding the smell of sewage on this boat and would appreciate any comments/advice regarding this.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Voyager

How your parents go on?

If you do a Google search on "sewage smell cruise ship" you will see it's a common problem across most cruise lines. It's definitely been an issue on the Millie as far back as 2008 but like any ongoing problem once you get a few loud complainers it gets blown out of proportion.

Yes, if it affects you it can be a major problem, but I think the vast majority of Millie passengers wouldn't even know the problem exists. On my recent cruise I noticed it briefly on a lower deck corridor but only because I was alert for it. It was never a problem in public areas or in our cabin and I heard no other complaints.

We did an Asian cruise on the Millenium in October. Overall we thought the ship was great and we loved the cruise.....however, the hallway outside our cabin did have an unpleasant sewage odor throughout the entire cruise. It wasn't overpowering and we never smelled it in our cabin, so I didn't think it was a big deal. We were mid-ship on the port side, right near the internet cafe. (Can't remember the deck number). Although we prefer the S class ships, I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Millie again.