Carnival appears to phasing-out lounge bands thru PLAYLIST!

albether7

Carnival has been avoiding the straight talk about this. All one has to do is go to their entertainment site used to recruit new muscians(not bands)

This "Rythm section" is to replace copy bands and develop a small song list with others who they have just been placed with!!

Hardly, a band doth a few muscians thrown together make!

Check out the wording- copied from their site:

RHYTHM SECTION

Carnival offers two unique opportunities, Lounge 2.0 and our Traditional Showband.

Our Lounge 2.0 format utilizes a four piece rhythm section (piano, guitar, bass, and drums).

These talented musicians rehearse together for one month and then join their vessel for a five month contract. These entertainers perform decade themed sets, with outfits to match, and act as a nightclub style rock band.

SEE FOR YOURSELF: http://carnivalentertainment.com/musicians-djs

THERE'S MORE-THAT COULD BE GREAT IN CERTAIN VENUES

THis is sad as they look to put their entertainment future into this PLAYLIST CONCEPT:(

I work in the ENT industry, and can share that it's easier to book individual musicians for this type of gig rather than a full band. Pure and simple. And, if there are issues with an individual member of the group, the cruise line can easily terminate their contract and replace them with another musician playing the same instrument.

And, they are just playing cover songs. So, it's easy to give them stock music, have them rehearse, and send them out on the ships.

So, it's not so much about cost cutting. But rather, more about efficiency to keep all those bands afloat on all the ships.

CeleBrat

Edited by CeleBrat

I think this is the third time you've brought this up. I'd say it's time for you to change lines. I'm sure other lines have more live music. I know Princess does and I'll find out if Royal does next year.

Add Norwegian (at least Epic) as well. There were two four-piece live bands onboard a few weeks ago. One played on Lido deck and the other rotated from the jazz club to the atrium to the supper club. It was very nice.

I work in the ENT industry, and can share that it's easier to book individual musicians for this type of gig rather than a full band. Pure and simple. And, if there are issues with an individual member of the group, the cruise line can easily terminate their contract and replace them with another musician playing the same instrument.

And, they are just playing cover songs. So, it's easy to give them stock music, have them rehearse, and send them out on the ships.

So, it's not so much about cost cutting. But rather, more about efficiency to keep all those bands afloat on all the ships.

CeleBrat

Not only is it easier, it's more economical. Compare the cost of hiring a band that's been together for some time as opposed to hiring individual musicians. Listening to a group of musicians playing cover songs in a lounge is not the same as going to see a known band in a concert.