OK for those that have been to Nassua ....

jaxfl

Posting because I want to know the same thing! We'll be there on the 10th and I have been wondering the same thing. I'm told the water hovers around the same temp year round but would love some first hand experience.

I looked at 1 dive site that says in JUN-AUG skin or shirt is good for diving but in December a 3mm+ wetsuit is recommended that would be a heck of a difference in water temp.

Hope someone that has been there comes back.

According to this website, the current water temperature is 70 degrees: http://www.water-temperature.com/bahamas

If you're going to Nassau this weekend, you're probably going to have excellent weather. Here in Florida we've had a beautiful stretch of 80 degree days with no cold fronts in sight. It wouldn't surprise me if the water warmed up a degree or two by the weekend. And you can always enjoy the beach, even if you don't go into the water.

Beyond this weekend, you just have to play it by ear. You never know what the weather's going to be in December.

We just spent a week at the Melia and the weather was fabulous but the water was not as warm as I prefer. We did spend the majority of the time in the ocean and it wasn't too bad. I grew up in Southern Calif so I'm used to icy cold ocean water - and this was heavenly compared to that!

It's definitely not too cold to enjoy, but not as warm as it is in summer.

Was in Nassau on November 24th. The water was chilly to where it took a minute to adjust. We did a dolphin swim and I sort of got knocked into the water by a rough wave and I adjusted to the temp quickly. My husband put his feet in and said no thanks. So, I guess it depends on the person. In a few weeks, however, I do not think it will be easy to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app