Just got the dreaded email!

Vicki'sMom

Well, my husband did! "We've Merged Your Multiple Accounts" (He's only ever had one that we're aware of! :rolleyes:). Now he has a totally new #, one neither of us has ever seen and.............. 0 points!!! (we're gold so I know that can't be right! ;))

I got the same email, but the Latitudes number they've supposedly merged my multiple accounts into is the only # I've ever known I had and my points total is correct. :cool:

Sent an email to the clerical department as I was instructed by an NCL rep. Received an automated reply back that their response will take 3 to 6 weeks!

I know this has happened to others here in the past. Can anyone give us some advice? Is there anything else we should do?

Thanks! :)

It happened to my husband too. He had about ten latitude numbers! Seems each time we booked they created another number. When they merged, his platinum disappeared! I did emailed latclerical n did get it fixed but didnt tAke that long. I stressed that we had a upcoming cruise that i needed it corrected before we sailed. Good luck and stay on them!

It happened to my husband too. He had about ten latitude numbers! Seems each time we booked they created another number. When they merged, his platinum disappeared! I did emailed latclerical n did get it fixed but didnt tAke that long. I stressed that we had a upcoming cruise that i needed it corrected before we sailed. Good luck and stay on them!

Thanks! I appreciate your post! :)

Good luck. The Latitudes department seems to make up (and change) the rules as they please. It also takes forever for them to get back to you, and usually not with good news.

Well that's not very encouraging! LOL

We can prove the cruises my husband's been on, so I don't think it will be an issue giving him his points back. :confused:

I'm just hoping to get it cleared up as soon as possible and wondered if anyone had any advice for us to expedite it! ;)

CALL them.

No idea why they randomly issue new Latitudes #s. I think I'm on my third or fourth #. Fortunately I've never lost any points, but my guy got that email this week and lost points so he called NCL and they are "looking into it."

CALL them.

No idea why they randomly issue new Latitudes #s. I think I'm on my third or fourth #. Fortunately I've never lost any points, but my guy got that email this week and lost points so he called NCL and they are "looking into it."

Thanks! I did call and was told to email! :o If nothing else, I'll have a "paper trail"! :cool:

I hope your guy gets quick resolution. If you think of it, please post here again and let me know how it goes! ;)

Thanks! I did call and was told to email! :o If nothing else' date=' I'll have a "paper trail"! :cool:

I hope your guy gets quick resolution. If you think of it, please post here again and let me know how it goes! ;)[/quote']

I emailed when missing latitude points were discovered on my kids accounts

They responded promptly and all was adjusted in a timely manner

Just be sure to email the address that is the correct one to use

I.e. don't email corporate. Email cust service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A little side note for all others this has not happened to YET !

Login to your NCL account and do a screen grab ( highlight, copy ) of your current Latitudes page showing your listed cruises. File it in your documents and email it to latclerical when that dreaded day comes . ;)

This happens often . Usually do to a promotion of some kind . The last one was the Home shopping network gift card promo.. Lots of new Lat numbers ..

Good luck .. Merry Christmas

I emailed when missing latitude points were discovered on my kids accounts

They responded promptly and all was adjusted in a timely manner

Just be sure to email the address that is the correct one to use

I.e. don't email corporate. Email cust service

Thanks! I was given the "Latitudes Clerical" email address and that's where I sent the email. I will give them till next week before I start being a pest! ;)

Login to your NCL account and do a screen grab ( highlight, copy ) of your current Latitudes page showing your listed cruises. File it in your documents and email it to latclerical when that dreaded day comes . ;)

This happens often . Usually do to a promotion of some kind . The last one was the Home shopping network gift card promo.. Lots of new Lat numbers ..

Great advice! Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Merry Christmas! :)

Wow! So I'm not the only one that experienced this today. :-(

You also? :(

Hopefully, NCL will get it corrected quickly. It's frustrating to have to babysit your account; once the earned points are there, they need to stay there!! ;)

We usually book with an outside agency. Our last cruise my DH and I were both to be platinum. While doing the check in online, I was at platinum DH at Gold? Seems that our previous cruise my DH was issued a new Latitude#, so he did not get credit for that cruise on his original NCL latitude #. Called NCL and told 5-6 weeks to combine the numbers. My cruise was in a week and I was concerned that they would not give us both the Platinum status and all the benefits that come with it. Got no where with consistent calls to NCL.

I was told by a fellow CC to speak to the future cruise agent on the ship. That is what I did, and he had both Latitude #'s combined within a day or two. Husband was able to get the benefit of platinum and we were additionally compensated for the aggravation I had to deal with prior to my cruise. NCL really does well with customer service on the ships, not so much with CS phone calls prior to cruise.

I/we had an "issue" with our points and I e-mailed screen shots etc to latclerical about it. It DID take about 5 weeks to hear back from them but it was resolved to our benefit. From what I've read, they eventually respond to e-mails that include supporting documentation but don't/won't respond to calls since they(NCL) can't see the documentation you have .

OK, I understand a once having a problem, but it seems this is an ongoing issue.

Thanks for the information on taking a screen shot of your booking, but what is wrong with the NCL tracking system?

Where is their responsibility? Nowhere?

OK, I understand a once having a problem, but it seems this is an ongoing issue.

Thanks for the information on taking a screen shot of your booking, but what is wrong with the NCL tracking system?

Where is their responsibility? Nowhere?

Not necessarily an NCL problem. I book with a TA most times not a PCC. Only gave my TA my Lat # thinking that my husbands would just show up when they booked with NCL. I still do not know who's fault it is. My suggestion is to give both your and spouses number to NCL PCC or your own TA. Check your NCL account to make sure your Lat numbers are correct.

I/we had an "issue" with our points and I e-mailed screen shots etc to latclerical about it. It DID take about 5 weeks to hear back from them but it was resolved to our benefit. From what I've read, they eventually respond to e-mails that include supporting documentation but don't/won't respond to calls since they(NCL) can't see the documentation you have .

The email I sent only included the old # and the new # and a brief explanation that the new # is now showing 0 points. I hope they would be able to look at the old number and see the points, but I will be ready should I need to contact them again! Thanks! ;)

Not necessarily an NCL problem. I book with a TA most times not a PCC. Only gave my TA my Lat # thinking that my husbands would just show up when they booked with NCL. I still do not know who's fault it is. My suggestion is to give both your and spouses number to NCL PCC or your own TA. Check your NCL account to make sure your Lat numbers are correct.

We did book our most recent cruise through a TA, but I gave both mine and my husband's Latitudes numbers and the invoice does have his old Latitudes number on it. Why NCL would issue a new # is beyond me!! :rolleyes:

Well, that's just LOVELY.

I am SO aggravated with NCL right now. I, too, got the dreaded email and all of our cruise histories are gone (DH, DM and I). From gold to zero via an email. This is on top of the aggravation of having the THIRD person assigned as my "new" PCC in as many weeks (the first two couldn't seem to return calls or emails).

PLUS, I've been trying for 3 days to book a May 2015 cruise for four of us (I like researching and finding preferential suites myself) and every time I get to the end of the res process, the website kicks me out.

KEVIN SHEEHAN, I think you need to hire me to get your information management systems and processes squared away.

:mad:

I agree that multiple membership numbers may not be caused by NCL but the careless merging of dupliate numbers is! If i have to numbers, one with history and without it only make sense to merge into the one with history - not the other way around! In my job we have the issue of duplicate customer numbers all the time. First when we merge - all of the history merges - wow what a concept@ And in additon we take a moment to pick the best number to be the final one - ie the most acitvy, the one with the most correct address etc. Its not rocket science. Its almost starting to look like an intnentional process - how many folks wouldn't even know? And to ask for cruise cards or edocs? Seriously - my first NCL was in 1996 - they didnt' even have edocs then and i certainly don't keep that stuff! What a hassle.

Ozzie's Mom: I so understand your frustration!

What is going on at Corporate??? :(

I do wish someone from NCL would see this thread and respond. There's really no excuse for this (and it appears to be a recurring issue). :mad:

I hope you get your points reinstated before your cruise, but if not, it is good to know that the Future Cruise agent on the ship can get things fixed! :)

Edited by Vicki'sMom

Today I received a SECOND email with the same info as the first PLUS a Confidentiality clause at the end.

"Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information*

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person."

Today I received a SECOND email with the same info as the first PLUS a Confidentiality clause at the end.

"Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error' date=' please notify the sender immediately and delete the information*

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person."[/quote']

That's just bizarre!!! :eek:

I checked the emails we received from them - no Confidentiality Clause.

I haven't heard back from them yet but I still check MY balance everyday. I have the feeling NCL has someone working in the Latitudes Clerical department who clearly doesn't belong there. Inept? :(

Edited by Vicki'sMom

Thanks for the tip....DONE! ;)