When does Carnival call for upsells

deb1eric

I just booked a gaurentee room and don't care for the room assignment I got, I know I took a risk by booking guarantee but if I call a week before cruising will they discount another cabin for a good price??? Does it depend on the current selling price online or can they discount further? And are upsells the prices online or are they better deals if they call u first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I don't know about price changes, but if you really don't like your room assignment, I'd call Carnival myself and ask about an upsell. If you used a TA, he/she probably has to make the call.

I just booked a gaurentee room and don't care for the room assignment I got, I know I took a risk by booking guarantee but if I call a week before cruising will they discount another cabin for a good price??? Does it depend on the current selling price online or can they discount further? And are upsells the prices online or are they better deals if they call u first

That is the risk booking a guarantee. You have to be prepared to take the worst cabin in your lowest Guarantee category.

They won't discount further but would gladly have you pay the difference to the current fare. Only way to get good deals is when the Upsell Fairy calls. We've only been contacted twice in over 30 cruises.

We sail out of San Juan this Sunday, Cecember 7 and the upsell fairy jsut called me for the first time ever last night. Offered to move form spa balcony to grand suite for $500 flat. So that would put the call 5 days out from sailing. Not that anyone cares, but I jumped on the upsell. Never had a chance to cruise in a suite let alone a Grand. Can't wait to enjoy the extra space and jacuzzi tub.

They will let you upgrade with no problem but it's their discretion if they want to honor a lateral move.

As for upsell we were called about 30 days out with a offer of 550 which we declined. They wouldn't negotiate. I said well keep me on the list if it goes down any more..then 12 days out same offer for 150..grabbed it.

We've been called for an upsell only twice in over 25 Carnival cruises.

Yes I probably should mention we have cruised 9 times and this will be #5 on carnival and it is our first upsell call. So I guess the lesson learned is don't plan on it happening, it just does and when is anyone's guess.

We got a call to move from our aft cabin to an ocean suite on our Liberty cruise in May. The call came about a week and a half before sailing. We also got a call for our Pride cruise in 2012 about 3 weeks before sail date, from an obstructed view balcony to a suite. We declined both.