Wishing Cunard would bring back

Rotterdam

Wishing Cunard would bring back ..................

My niece and her family. They emigrated to Australia. :)

As for faster transatlantic crossings the solution is within your grasp - book a plane ticket. Some of us enjoy a dawdle across the pond. The only time it should be quicker is for out / zip round NYC, New England & Canada / return home. The return can get a bit of a drag, but otherwise what's the problem?

NYC to Southampton / Le Harve Transatlantic crossings! I see they have Hamburg now but would really like to see the France & even an Italy crossing every so often...anyone else???

You have support Rotterdam :) Let us fly in the face of the general opinion. I honestly believe that there is a market. So many people are now cruising the fear factor and "I wouldn't enjoy it" factor are disappearing. And the "I hate to fly" group is increasing. Alternative: a return of the passenger liner in some form.

cruise-shipsmall.jpg

• 11 months later...
The special crossing that stopped at Halifax and Boston would be welcomed. I know they did it this July, and we couldn't do it but would love to try it sometime. I understand it was popular.

It was the 175th anniversary crossing that attempted to replicate the first sailing of Britannia in 1840. Cunard did try some 9-day crossings with a stop in Halifax but no stop in Boston.

It wouldn't work for everyone - as you can see in the tread where some advocate a return to faster TA crossings.

TA crossings should be 5 days, there is nothing worse than being on a 'crawling' ship.

Sadly as long as Cunard continues to fill QM2 with older cruisers who are not in any hurry this will not change.

Are most people really just using it for transportation, and not enjoying the experience ? My husband and I have done one transatlantic as part of a longer cruise, it took us a good four days to reach Halifax. It was one of the best parts of the trip.

It would still be 5 sea days crossing, but even a stop in Boston would make it 7 days just a week. We live in the Boston area and would just disembark there rather than travel to NYC. They didn't seem to have any trouble filling the ship for the special crossing, hopefully it isn't the only time they will try it