Carnival is a bunch of liars! Never got my Price Drop Form?!

SugarStar00

I'm completely beside myself right now, holding back tears. I know this has happened to some of you before but I just can't stand it.

I submitted a price drop form for the Destination Deal Busters promo on black Friday weekend. I submitted it at 10:36am Saturday 11/29.( I have it in my browser history) The deal expired on the 30th. The website said "form submitted successfully" and said I'd hear back from Carnival in the next 2 business days. As of Tuesday, (2 business days) I still hadn't heard, so I called. The lady on the phone said there's no record of me submitting that form and there was nothing she could do. I gave up on her easily and decided to email them about the situation, which I did at that time, and surprise surprise today is Thursday and I've heard nothing back.

Today I decided to re-submit my form in hopes of getting some response and certainly it came back within 20 minutes DENIED. At least this time it gave me an extension to call, which I did and spent the last 45 min on the phone with Lola. She was nice but still unable to help me. According to her, guest relations (or whatever it is) searched and searched and couldn't find any prices for the deal I was saying I saw. Nope just can't find anything. Sorry, next time please follow up your form submission with a CALL. WHY CAN'T I JUST CALL IN THE FIRST PLACE?! The last time I called for a price drop they told me I had to do it online. So this time, that's what I did- and look what I get.

I have an ocean view room booked on Carnival Liberty for the re-positioning cruise March 22 2015. The deal they were offering this day was an oceanview choose your own room for $379pp plus $100 OBC. I was so super excited this would have given me a huge credit, but they decided to put my request in the "lost" category so they won't have to honor it. And now they can't even FIND any record of the deal they were offering just 4 or 5 days ago?? Seems quite odd. They are a bunch of liars who don't honor their end of the deal, and then create some complicated system to process price drops so that they just mysteriously drop right through the cracks.

Can anyone confirm this price/deal for me anyway so I know I'm not crazy like they are basically telling me I am?

Thanks if you actually read all of this and have anything to offer..:mad:

Jen

Always send a print screen of the deals to yourself when you submit a claim. I once thought I had a big drop that was not accepted. Looking at the screen shot I somehow managed to have a 4 person room selected instead of two people. After calling Carnival I did get a price drop but not as large as I hoped for. More than likely you made a mistake on your selection.

But tears...really. I always book at a price I am happy with. If I do get a drop that's great but not worth being upset about.

Also you can use the fare finder on the Carnival website. It always works great.

Carnival seems to have alot of mess with their own price protection forms and processes lately. Unfortunately you are probably out of luck unless you took a screen shot.

Lesson learned. ALWAYS TAKE A SCREEN SHOT. I installed two special apps on my laptop and smartphone just for the purpose of submitting price drops. It's really you're only insurance. And always follow up shortly after if you don't get a response. Hopefully another drop will come around and you can take advantage. With a March sailing, I'm sure there will be other sales.

I love Carnival but they've got some mess with them when it comes to price drops lately. Although some people report having no issues at all.

For me, it's not a matter of being unhappy with the price I booked. It's the point of the process for that pricing category working as it should.

Always send a print screen of the deals to yourself when you submit a claim. I once thought I had a big drop that was not accepted. Looking at the screen shot I somehow managed to have a 4 person room selected instead of two people. After calling Carnival I did get a price drop but not as large as I hoped for. More than likely you made a mistake on your selection.

But tears...really. I always book at a price I am happy with. If I do get a drop that's great but not worth being upset about.

Also you can use the fare finder on the Carnival website. It always works great.

One can easily manipulate a screenshot to their benefit. They aren't a reliable source of information and not all representatives of Carnival Cruise Lines are willing to accept one.

They are liars in the sense they keep telling me they can't find any information on that sale, yet they can tell me the cost for an interior room that day was the price I'm quoting. Can you or can you not find the information on that sale? Also, all staterooms had an OBC of $100 which I do have a print out of, but somehow that's "not showing up" either. I guess you guys are right and I'm the idiot who trusted the system and thought following the directions would be enough. Shame on me!! And yes, losing $270 is just about enough to cry over! :cool:

One can easily manipulate a screenshot to their benefit. They aren't a reliable source of information and not all representatives of Carnival Cruise Lines are willing to accept one.

Agreed 110%. I would consider a screen shot to be worthless.

They didn't have a record of our "Lowest Price Guarantee" claim a couple of weeks ago either. We were supposed to get a response within 48 hours and never did. My wife called once and they told us to wait longer for a response. The second time she called they told her they didn't get it. She totally went off on them and they gave us the extra $60 in onboard credit.

They didn't have a record of our "Lowest Price Guarantee" claim a couple of weeks ago either. We were supposed to get a response within 48 hours and never did. My wife called once and they told us to wait longer for a response. The second time she called they told her they didn't get it. She totally went off on them and they gave us the extra $60 in onboard credit.

Lucky all i got was too bad so sad. It's not over though...it's not over

And yes, losing $270 is just about enough to cry over! :cool:

seems like a lot of money for one sale. is this for more then one cabin?

more then 2 people?

are you looking at the cruise only fare?

seems like a lot of money for one sale. is this for more then one cabin?

more then 2 people?

are you looking at the cruise only fare?

Cruise only fare? I'm not sure what you mean. It was $85pp lower and then $100 obc for the room. I did a mock booking and ran through the whole thing, picked a room midship a few doors down from the one I'm in now. Did everything but book it.... It is quite a large amount which is why I'm so upset. It was a Black Friday thing and I know it will never go that low again.

Cruise only fare? I'm not sure what you mean. It was $85pp lower and then $100 obc for the room. I did a mock booking and ran through the whole thing, picked a room midship a few doors down from the one I'm in now. Did everything but book it.... It is quite a large amount which is why I'm so upset. It was a Black Friday thing and I know it will never go that low again.

Is it the same class of room? Just because it was a few doors down doesn't mean it's the exact same. Just trying to figure out what may have gone wrong. Better yet, what is your room number/ship that you currently have and what is the room number you were comparing it to?

I'm completely beside myself right now, holding back tears. I know this has happened to some of you before but I just can't stand it.

I submitted a price drop form for the Destination Deal Busters promo on black Friday weekend. I submitted it at 10:36am Saturday 11/29.( I have it in my browser history) The deal expired on the 30th. The website said "form submitted successfully" and said I'd hear back from Carnival in the next 2 business days. As of Tuesday, (2 business days) I still hadn't heard, so I called. The lady on the phone said there's no record of me submitting that form and there was nothing she could do. I gave up on her easily and decided to email them about the situation, which I did at that time, and surprise surprise today is Thursday and I've heard nothing back.

Today I decided to re-submit my form in hopes of getting some response and certainly it came back within 20 minutes DENIED. At least this time it gave me an extension to call, which I did and spent the last 45 min on the phone with Lola. She was nice but still unable to help me. According to her, guest relations (or whatever it is) searched and searched and couldn't find any prices for the deal I was saying I saw. Nope just can't find anything. Sorry, next time please follow up your form submission with a CALL. WHY CAN'T I JUST CALL IN THE FIRST PLACE?! The last time I called for a price drop they told me I had to do it online. So this time, that's what I did- and look what I get.

I have an ocean view room booked on Carnival Liberty for the re-positioning cruise March 22 2015. The deal they were offering this day was an oceanview choose your own room for $379pp plus $100 OBC. I was so super excited this would have given me a huge credit, but they decided to put my request in the "lost" category so they won't have to honor it. And now they can't even FIND any record of the deal they were offering just 4 or 5 days ago?? Seems quite odd. They are a bunch of liars who don't honor their end of the deal, and then create some complicated system to process price drops so that they just mysteriously drop right through the cracks.

Can anyone confirm this price/deal for me anyway so I know I'm not crazy like they are basically telling me I am?

Thanks if you actually read all of this and have anything to offer..:mad:

Jen

2 things. 1st, did you book early saver? If not then you are out of luck.

2nd. If you read the terms and conditions for ES, you can only price match for rates for the exact same category of room. Guarantee rooms are not able to be price matched too. Although some have been able to transfer to that rate, but they do not have to honor that rate.

So she has no proof?

You are welcome.

Ah, okay. So your experiences and opinions, loxley, are automatically invalid without proof. I'll remember the phrase "pics or it didn't happen" next time I read your posts. Karm was pointing out the proof is the OP's feelings and thought process about Carnival's take on this Early Saver claim. It's all hearsay anyway... might as well listen to the OP, give them their two minutes of fame and false sympathies/empathetic reactions because we really don't care as the issue is not happening to ourselves or a close IRL friend and move on to the next thread.

Back on topic, OP, I wish you the best of luck getting this resolved.

2 things. 1st, did you book early saver? If not then you are out of luck.

2nd. If you read the terms and conditions for ES, you can only price match for rates for the exact same category of room. Guarantee rooms are not able to be price matched too. Although some have been able to transfer to that rate, but they do not have to honor that rate.

Yes I booked ES, yes it was same category -6A. They aren't denying I qualified for it, it's like they are denying there was even a sale at all. I did everything right, their system "failed" and now they won't honor anything.

Edited by SugarStar00

This is why i use a Carnival PVP i just call him and tell him i found a better price heys hold on lt me pull it up he says yup there it is .If we havent made final payment he lowers the price and if its after final we get onboard credit the process take 5 min

They are liars in the sense they keep telling me they can't find any information on that sale, yet they can tell me the cost for an interior room that day was the price I'm quoting. Can you or can you not find the information on that sale? Also, all staterooms had an OBC of $100 which I do have a print out of, but somehow that's "not showing up" either. I guess you guys are right and I'm the idiot who trusted the system and thought following the directions would be enough. Shame on me!! And yes, losing $270 is just about enough to cry over! :cool:

You aren't crazy; it was a great deal and pretty crazy how much our cruise dropped and then it went right back up on Sunday. I called my PVP to do the price drop and room upgrade. We went from an 8c to an 8n (extended aft), got $100 OBC and still got a price drop.

But I don't want to depress you further...that totally sucks!!

They cover themselves in the fine print of their terms & conditions:

Any attempts to assign a classical binary truth value to this statement leads to a contradiction, or paradox. This occurs because if the statement "This sentence is false" is true, then it is false; this would mean that it is technically true, but also that it is false, and so on without end.

:D

The $379 per person for an ocean view seems VERY low when the lowest price now for an ocean view is $1599 each. I can't imagine how it could have been $379 plus on board credit.

Are you sure you had the right cruise?

The $379 per person for an ocean view seems VERY low when the lowest price now for an ocean view is $1599 each. I can't imagine how it could have been $379 plus on board credit.

The price is $479 for an oceanview on the march 22nd sailing of the liberty. Two other people on my roll call with oceanviews were able to get he price drop and they paid 379 plus got the 100 obc

The price is $479 for an oceanview on the march 22nd sailing of the liberty. Two other people on my roll call with oceanviews were able to get he price drop and they paid 379 plus got the 100 obc

Did they get to pick their own room or was it a guarantee? Did they also qualify for other rates such as military?

$1599 each?! Ocean view? This is crazy high!!

Our extended aft in May is now $1300 total for 2 people; but before the sales was still only $1598 total.

Edited by steph7021