Carnival is a bunch of liars! Never got my Price Drop Form?!

SugarStar00

Insignificant according to you. Don't try to trivialize someone else's experiences and feelings. We all know you like to pretend like you work for Carnival and you try to brush off if someone posts they are upset because you are a bkindly loyal fanatic. My advice is for you to move along. You don't work for Carnival, it's not your money on the line, and you're not in a position to tell people not to feel how they do.

hear-hear-good-sir.jpg

With 33 Carnival cruises I'm a big fan. But the people who do the price forms don't no what the are doing. We had to call the last 3 times to get approved. I send mine in and call after a few hrs. Your PVP can help also. Good reason to use a PVP.

Get a decent PVP and bypass the online form thing.

My PVP always does it for me, because I've had trouble submitting online form before.

GP

The "trick" is in getting a "DECENT" PVP......we've tried many.....not ONE DECENT one in the bunch. You can do for yourself anything that a PVP can do, and generally even BETTER!

With 33 Carnival cruises I'm a big fan. But the people who do the price forms don't no what the are doing. We had to call the last 3 times to get approved. I send mine in and call after a few hrs. Your PVP can help also. Good reason to use a PVP.

f93baa054123cb889391dc3124e99cc8.png

Again with the attitude of let the company do what they want... I prefer not to deal with companies that either try to swindle or become deceitful towards something I'm eligible to receive. It doesn't matter if it was real money or not. The sale existed and they're saying there wasn't a sale. When booking Early Saver, you're contracting for "price protection," something that allows you to receive onboard credit when you price match your booking against the current terms of the NBK.

I wouldn't have the attitude of "dang, that sucked." I'd be sending off an email to Vicky Rey [OP in case you wish to follow what I would do, it is posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43266256] if these customer service representatives aren't providing what I contracted for. As a breach of contract, the OP should have technically been able to void it at will with no penalty and could have created a new booking for that sailing and thus received the lower rate. Alas, the rate is gone so that option is no longer there.

This situation isn't an "if someone is not happy with the price they book a cruise for they shouldn't book it to begin with." The OP booked Early Saver to take advantage of price drops. Isn't that why most Cruise Critic members who book Early Saver book this rate code and deal with the restrictions that come along? OP was eligible for the lower price. You can try spinning this whichever direction you always attempt to, but the bottom line is, OP is entitled to the price drop. OP, I recommend you contact Vicky Rey at this point. See above.

Attitude of let the company do what they want??? Just who do you think owns Carnival? Unless someone on CC actually sits on the board at Carnival not a single person here has the right to say one thing about how Carnival decides to run itself. You, as a customer, only have the right to spend you money with Carnival or someone else. That's it!

Your posts sound like they are coming from "Occupy Wall Street" or Furgenson since you seem to think that the comsumer has the right to tell a company how they should do business. :confused:

Attitude of let the company do what they want??? Just who do you think owns Carnival? Unless someone on CC actually sits on the board at Carnival not a single person here has the right to say one thing about how Carnival decides to run itself. You, as a customer, only have the right to spend you money with Carnival or someone else. That's it!

Your posts sound like they are coming from "Occupy Wall Street" or Furgenson since you seem to think that the comsumer has the right to tell a company how they should do business. :confused:

That would fall under proper business relations... to actually listen to your consumers and try to correct problems ESPECIALLY WHEN CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to do so in the case of an eligible price protection claim. In short, yes, the customer does have the right to tell a company how to operate their business. Perhaps the OP is even a shareholder? I know I am and I will speak up when I don't approve of the way Carnival Corporation and any subsidiaries they have operate.

Are you a business owner?

Edited by Baymax

That would fall under proper business relations... to actually listen to your consumers and try to correct problems ESPECIALLY WHEN CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to do so in the case of an eligible price protection claim. In short, yes, the customer does have the right to tell a company how to operate their business. Perhaps the OP is even a shareholder? I know I am and I will speak up when I don't approve of the way Carnival Corporation and any subsidiaries they have operate.

Are you a business owner?

He is a retired former government employee who makes threats on this forum and pretends he works for carnival.

but hoo am I to preach on it:p

anyhoo, my blowup was over a 100 bucks and I got attacked for gaming the system, freaking out over a hundred bucks etc etc.

anyway, 100 dollars is important to me, as 270 is to our poster, but like I said, don't let it ruin your fun or make you look for things to complain about!

I just read a hilarious thread yesterday from a Canadian family that said to avoid the Fascination like the plague, they hated it so bad, the cruise experience, the ship, food EVERYTHING sucked. They were in such a hurry to get home they said they rented a van and drove 18 hours to get back to buffalo ny to get there car and go home a day early from their trip ( meaning they cancelled their one night stay in jax after the cruise and skipped their flights they were in such a hurry to fly back to buffalo ) this family had driven to bny and flew to jax from there

anyway hi-larious, I was on a cruise with friends on time where there was some small thing that happened early in the cruise and they let it ruin their whole cruise!

our poster has learned a lesson, and all in all a 270 dollar lesson in life might just be a BARGAIN! I've had worse lessons learned at much higher cost:(

on the pvp and finding a good one, its not 100% essential, but if the pvp takes the time to listen, and talk and understand what you are looking for out of a cruise ( like an old tyme travel agent ) then you'll gernerally fare better when you cruise, they will let you know the features of a particular ship or class and which ship is better for your needs, at least that's what I have found....

right now, I gotta get my stuff packed, we is a cruising on that ship aforementioned the Fascination our 7th on it..... fo gigure:eek:

I may have missed it in this thread, but Chrome does not always send the form even though the message says it was sent. When I did not get an answer I found that info on this site, re sent it with Explorer and within in an hour had a response. (Denied, but calling got the reduction)

In no way do I think the Op's problem is a result of something malicious by Carnival.

Edited by Tampa8

I may have missed it in this thread, but Chrome does not always send the form even though the message says it was sent. When I did not get an answer I found that info on this site, re sent it with Explorer and within in an hour had a response. (Denied, but calling got the reduction)

In no way do I think the Op's problem is a result of something malicious by Carnival.

I did use chrome however I did so with the other 2 forms I've submitted to Carnival and both those were received. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt the form got lost in cyberspace ( which is why we should go back to calling in to get our price drops) however the way they are handling the situation now is not acceptable in my opinion. I'm still working on this issue and thanks to the help of many here now have a few more routes to try.

Edited by SugarStar00

It is using the same $POST and $GET php script, regardless of browser. If you remember correctly, Internet Explorer did not work with the submission of their future cruise certificates unless compatibility mode is used. However, it worked just fine with other browsers. Personally, I won't use any browser other than one that connects to Tor and I stick to Tor Browser.