Can Someone Please Tell me about Silhouette

mamaofami

I have friends planning to sail Silhouette in May on a Baltic cruise. I read below about the ship having engine problems. Is this an ongoing issue? What is the overall condition of the ship? Last dry dock? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

We've sailed on the silouhette three times, most recently the November transatlantic. The upcoming drydock in January will repair whatever issue there is with the ship. the problem only seems to affect the speed.

The ship is as sparkling and beautiful as it was when it started sailing in 2011. The staff is one of the friendliest at sea. We found the food and service to be excellent.

No one should let this minor issue affect booking this wonderful ship.

We've sailed on the silouhette three times, most recently the November transatlantic. The upcoming drydock in January will repair whatever issue there is with the ship. the problem only seems to affect the speed.

The ship is as sparkling and beautiful as it was when it started sailing in 2011. The staff is one of the friendliest at sea. We found the food and service to be excellent.

I second these comments. We sailed on the Silhouette in September (11-night Med cruise) and there were no delays in getting to our ports of call. The ship is in dry dock in January so the problem affecting the speed will be fixed. The ship is beautiful. The art around the ship is amazing, the staff are very friendly.

Ditto from me.

I was on the Silhouette for fourteen nights on a Holy Land cruise in October.

She was fabulous...amazing staff, the food in the MDR was probably the best I have had in years. We usually sail in AquaClass, and I wasn't disappointed at all to be in the MDR, as far as the food and service were concerned. What amazed me was that they were able to bring my dinner to the table hot, every night.

The Lawn Club Grill is a great specialty restaurant. Terrific food and a fun atmosphere.

If Chiko Pineda is still on the ship, it is worth while trying to see him perform.

The drydock will take care of the Azipod issue. You can assure your friends that they have picked a wonderful ship, and will have a fantastic cruise.

I have been on the Silhouette three times and she is still my favourite.

Edited by elena7seas