Pack and go cruising

FlyingCruiserNJ

Just wondering how many people take advantage of this program that carnival offers for people who book cruises just a few days out. I am cruising on the Ecstasy in a few days and got an absolute steal for the Monday to Friday sailing to Cozumel and Key West out of Miami. I got an inside guarantee and although I didn't get the solo supplement waived, it was still only a hundred bucks plus taxes and fees for this sailing, with my additional interline discount. I often use this program when I want to just take a quick getaway cruise somewhere on short notice and I feel it is the way to go, as opposed to booking a long time in advance. Of course my travel dates are pretty flexible and so I can do this, and not everyone can but it's a good thing if you can take advantage. These weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas are always slow and great deals can usually be found. I had a week of vacation to burn before the end of the year and although I have done this sailing multiple times, the price was right and a cruise to a warm place in December is always a good thing.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

It's good that you can take advantage of that cruise rate but what about transportation from NJ. When I check last minute airfare its 3x the cost of the cruise.

That's one problem I don't have. I have a hookup in that department. :D. I just have to be careful with my travel dates and leave myself plenty of options to get there and back home. That's why I love traveling in May, September, early December and January. Slowest travel times of the year and I usually have no problem getting where I want to go or getting a good deal on a vacation.

That's one problem I don't have. I have a hookup in that department. :D. I just have to be careful with my travel dates and leave myself plenty of options to get there and back home. That's why I love traveling in May, September, early December and January. Slowest travel times of the year and I usually have no problem getting where I want to go or getting a good deal on a vacation.

Do they ever offer P&G rates on summer cruises or is it just for the normal slow times.

Also how far in advance of the cruise do P&G rates start to show up?

Flyingcruiser, did u get your room assigned? We booked yesterday and b/4 end of day assigned mid ship Empress deck inside. Couldn't have picked a better location. I hope. Stormy

I checked in tonight and yes. Granted the cabin isn't in a great location, wayyyy aft but it's not on the bottom deck and honestly isn't far from all the onboard activities. I am not easily bothered by noise so any noise I hear from nearby decks shouldn't be a problem for me while I try to sleep. I can't complain. I have never gotten a really bad deal when booking pack and go and although I didn't get upgraded this time, I often do when I take advantage of the offers. Generally they will assign your cabin a number of days in advance of sailing.

Do they ever offer P&G rates on summer cruises or is it just for the normal slow times.

Also how far in advance of the cruise do P&G rates start to show up?

I have never sailed in July or August so I don't know but it is usually a really busy travel period so even if they do offer it, I am pretty sure it's harder to score a deal during those months. I don't know how far in advance they begin to offer the program for specific cruises. It's all up to whether the ship is going to go out full and if they estimate it won't, they'll do everything they can do to fill the cabins. You just have to be vigilant and flexible in your travel and I'm sure you could find something. I actually wanted to do the Victory 5 day Monday to Saturday this week coming up and it was almost the same price but it wouldn't have worked out as well with me trying to get home on debark day.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Flyingcruiser, did u get your room assigned? We booked yesterday and b/4 end of day assigned mid ship Empress deck inside. Couldn't have picked a better location. I hope. Stormy

Do they ever give an upper/lower to a couple for the pack&go rate or will it be the standard cabin that can be converted to a king bed?

Do they ever give an upper/lower to a couple for the pack&go rate or will it be the standard cabin that can be converted to a king bed?

Years ago it happened to us but quest services nicely moved us to a king combo. Have booked Gty many time since and always very happy with the assignment. Stormy