Booking on Ship - Final Payment

JonnyCT81

Hello my wonderful Celebrity Cruise Critic'ers!

I have booked several trips on-board with the Future Cruise Center in the past however all of them involved a deposit. We are going to be heading onto the beautiful Reflection next week and wanted to book a cruise in late February on the Silhouette. That being said, would the promos still work the same (Instant OBC, Drink Package, etc.) The only reason I ask is because I have never booked one on ship that will be past the final payment date before. Any thoughts/info would be greatly appreciated! :o

You will get whatever promotions are currently being offered, but you cannot just put down a deposit, if it is past the final date you will have to pay the total amount . Enjoy your cruise(s)

This...

But I would assume that under the current Future Cruises - Cruise Now Program, you would still be entitled to the "Deposit" OBC / Instant OBC offer and getting to decide which cruise you want to apply it to

Celebrity Onboard Future Cruises = http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

At least that is how I interpret the fine print

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you know what you you want, or you know when you want to cruise then this is certainly a deal! Celebrity, as does any line wants a commitment. For them, sweetning the deal on board guarantees A future cruiser with a slight edge that should you change your mind they keep the deposit. (Ever so slight but the house wins)

So... Review now the brochure.... Where and when do you want to cruise. On board schedule a time and review once more with a counselor, check out the deals and pull the trigger for booking! If your past the day then of course you'll have to pay the full amount but this not any different than booking with your agent.

Afterwards, this whole transaction transfer over to your agent and they can review to see if you can get any further enhancments or at the very least make sure yours "T's" are crossed and "I's" dotted.

Do your homework now, book on Board knowing what you want and you walk away with the incentive's.

Steve

:eek: No way. Save yourself some money.

Inside final payment do not book on the ship.

Why would you say this?

My thought too??

Book on ship and get all 3 perks PLUS an instant $300 OBC to use now. Makes no sense to wait if they know what they want to book.

:eek: No way. Save yourself some money.

Inside final payment do not book on the ship.

Like others... I too am very confused by this statement.

If you know what you you want, or you know when you want to cruise then this is certainly a deal! Celebrity, as does any line wants a commitment. For them, sweetning the deal on board guarantees A future cruiser with a slight edge that should you change your mind they keep the deposit. (Ever so slight but the house wins)

So... Review now the brochure.... Where and when do you want to cruise. On board schedule a time and review once more with a counselor, check out the deals and pull the trigger for booking! If your past the day then of course you'll have to pay the full amount but this not any different than booking with your agent.

Afterwards, this whole transaction transfer over to your agent and they can review to see if you can get any further enhancments or at the very least make sure yours "T's" are crossed and "I's" dotted.

Do your homework now, book on Board knowing what you want and you walk away with the incentive's.

Steve

Re - Highlighted Statement

Huh ? Under the NEW Future Cruises - Cruise Now / Instant OBC Program there is NO SUCH RISK

You either get the Equivilant Deposit back as OBC on your Current Cruise OR on your Booked Cruise... And if you chose the latter, then you cancel the Booked Cruise BEFORE Final Payment, then Celebrity REFUNDS your Deposit (or you can choose to push out the Booking Number to another future cruise, and get the OBC on that one)

It is a WIN alright... But in favour of the Cruiser.

For more info see the link that I provided in Reply # 3

Celebrity is just hoping that once booked while blissful on one cruise, that you will stick with things (especially in light of all the promotional goodies you have signed up for / got) and do go on the cruise you have booked for the future

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Re - Highlighted Statement

Huh ? Under the NEW Future Cruises - Cruise Now / Instant OBC Program there is NO SUCH RISK

You either get the Equivilant Deposit back as OBC on your Current Cruise OR on your Booked Cruise... And if you chose the latter, then you cancel the Booked Cruise BEFORE Final Payment, then Celebrity REFUNDS your Deposit (or you can choose to push out the Booking Number to another future cruise, and get the OBC on that one)

It is a WIN alright... But in favour of the Cruiser.

For more info see the link that I provided in Reply # 3

Celebrity is just hoping that once booked while blissful on one cruise, that you will stick with things (especially in light of all the promotional goodies you have signed up for / got) and do go on the cruise you have booked for the future

Cheers!

I should clarify...

The Deposit is Refundable if you book on Board and choose your stateroom at the time of booking- they can be cancelled or changed 90 days out from Holiday sailings and 75 days out from all other sailings.

A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is required to enroll in the Cruise Later program. It will be applied to a future booking but is non-refundable should you decide to cancel and go elsewhere.

This is when you are booking on board, not sure what you want to do and want this combined with the 123Go Program. In return you will get the 123Go & Onboard credit which could be up to $800.00 depending on duration of the cruise and category...

Steve

This...

But I would assume that under the current Future Cruises - Cruise Now Program, you would still be entitled to the "Deposit" OBC / Instant OBC offer and getting to decide which cruise you want to apply it to

Celebrity Onboard Future Cruises = http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

At least that is how I interpret the fine print

Cheers!

Sloop JohnB I quoted your attachment for the terms of the refundable/non-refundable OnBoard Booking-

I think we are certainly saying the same thing as far as to book or not to book- BOOK ON BOARD! You will receive incentives that you would not get otherwise and if your unsure then you have a will still have a great option which will be refundable.

Sloop JohnB I quoted your attachment for the terms of the refundable/non-refundable OnBoard Booking-

I think we are certainly saying the same thing as far as to book or not to book- BOOK ON BOARD! You will receive incentives that you would not get otherwise and if your unsure then you have a will still have a great option which will be refundable.

Agree

Lol, I think the general consensus these days on CC is that the Cruise Later Certificates... Although they "sound good" in principle, in the long run they don't pan out as well as the Cruise Now option

In so much as Cruise Later Certs are not combinable with other offers etc when one does finally plan to use them to book a cruise

Especially so when many of the more frequent Celebrity Cruisers / CC Members have posted here on CC that they have been successfully pushing out their Onboard Booking Number for a future cruise if they have had to cancel out on the one they originally planned to take (or got their deposit money back if they chose the Cruise Now - OBC Later option, and cancelled out entirely)

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would currently opt for a Cruise Later Cert these days (although I guess Celebrity still sells a lot of them to those not on CC)

Cheers!

Why would you say this?

There are a LOT of people who are very happy with the "deals" they get when booking future cruises on board. Not a problem. :o

BUT... in general, booking on board almost guarantees you will pay extremely high prices to get the perks. :(

I have never booked on board because I can get SIGNIFICANTLY better deals through on line agencies. ;)

I have sailed 141 nights on board Celebrity ships for and average base fare cost of $42/night. (taxes and tips not included) :)

That does NOT include over $3000 of OBC. (some from the on line sight some from shareholder benefit) :D

In THIS case, booking a cruise that is AFTER final payment, it is probably the ONLY time where the price offered onboard by Celebrity, MIGHT be as low as what the online sites offer on a regular basis. :eek:

Edited by teecee60

There are a LOT of people who are very happy with the "deals" they get when booking future cruises on board. Not a problem. :o

BUT... in general, booking on board almost guarantees you will pay extremely high prices to get the perks. :(

I have never booked on board because I can get SIGNIFICANTLY better deals through on line agencies. ;)

I have sailed 141 nights on board Celebrity ships for and average base fare cost of $42/night. (taxes and tips not included) :)

That does NOT include over $3000 of OBC. (some from the on line sight some from shareholder benefit) :D

In THIS case, booking a cruise that is AFTER final payment, it is probably the ONLY time where the price offered onboard by Celebrity, MIGHT be as low as what the online sites offer on a regular basis. :eek:

Question then...

Normal Booking Situation (not after Final Payment)

In your scenario, could one not just book aboard and get all the great perks that Celebrity offers for an onboard booking, and then TRANSFER the booking to the Online TA... And coupe the perks offered there to ?

Same way as one does for a LIVE on land TA ?

Or am I missing something ?

More often than not it seems to me that prices offered without Celebrity Perks are indeed lower, BUT then the Pax has to pay a bunch of extras anyhow.

Example... Prices without 123Go, means you still have to cough up for Bevvys & Daily Grats. Would make a big difference to the average Joe... Maybe tho not to someone who has a high Captain's Club Level / Suite Level with Complimentary Perks in Michael's Club and/or Elite Cocktail Hour

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I still like the idea of Booking on Board if you know when you want to cruise and particularly the category room you want. Then in this instance you get up to a $500 OBC and it is combinable with the 123go so that includes $300 OBC, Gratuities and the Classic Beverage Package. (that totals in this example $800 OBC)

Cruise Now program excludes certain promotions and discounted rates, including, Share Holder Credit, Exciting Deals, net rates, gross rates, cruise certificates, Interline, travel agent, and employee rates.

With that being said, it is a real great deal for the regular cruiser.

There are deals to be had when the line starts to discount fares based on supply and demand. There are also deals to be had if your flexible and can hold off until the last minute. I'm not willing to take those risks and I am not willing to settle for a lesser room. I want a larger suite, I want dining venues as opposed to MDR and I want this planned in advanced.

So I think if you know what you want then book on board. If your willing to wait or your aggressive in cruise shopping then there is a strategic approach to finding the best deal. I just like the idea of knowing I got a great deal and I am done...

I would however be interested in how you average less than $50 a night and how you find better deals... You must have a certain approach on achieving a better deal than Booking On Board... Would you be willing to share?

Thanks

-Steve

Question then...

In your scenario, could one not just book aboard and get all the great perks that Celebrity offers for an onboard booking, and then TRANSFER the booking to the Online TA... And coupe the perks offered there to ?

More often than not it seems to me that prices offered without Celebrity Perks are indeed lower, BUT then the Pax has to pay a bunch of extras anyhow.

Example... Prices without 123Go, means you still have to cough up for Bevvys & Daily Grats.

You are correct about booking onboard and then transferring to a T/A for more. A good strategy that MANY people use to good effect.

It STILL leaves you paying top dollar when you book, and hoping for price drops before final payment, which CAN happen, but there are MANY times (not always) when you get the lower price you LOOSE THE PERKS. ("5 star rate") :(

I do get the free elite drinks (very limited) but I MUCH prefer and thoroughly enjoy "foo-foo drinks" at the martini bar (chocolate, espresso and almond joy martinis) :D and would LOVE to have the premium drink package! But I can buy a fair number of martinis with the OBC I do get, and I pay less for my CRUISE ($30-$50/day) than it costs for the drink package! :eek:

I still like the idea of Booking on Board.

Cruise Now program excludes certain promotions and discounted rates, including, Share Holder Credit, Exciting Deals.

With that being said, it is a real great deal for the regular cruiser.

There are also deals to be had if your flexible and can hold off until the last minute. I'm not willing to take those risks and I am not willing to settle for a lesser room. I want a larger suite, I want dining venues as opposed to MDR and I want this planned in advanced.

I just like the idea of knowing I got a great deal and I am done...

I would however be interested in how you average less than $50 a night and how you find better deals... You must have a certain approach on achieving a better deal than Booking On Board... Would you be willing to share?

It sounds to me like you are perfectly happy booking larger suites, and having everything guaranteed well in advance. That's GREAT :)

You nailed it by stating flexibility is the key to my booking strategy. It's the same as with the drink package, I would LOVE to be able to book a couple of B2B Baltic or Med cruises in a Penthouse Suite, but that is not within my budget. :(

Here is a partial list of my Celebrity cruises in the last two years. All inside cabins, all booked through online sights, half booked BEFORE, half booked AFTER Final payment.

15 night Constellation T/A for $609pp with $400 OBC.

15 night Reflection T/A for $449pp with $250 OBC.

23 night Century transpacific for $799pp with $250 OBC.

14 night Silhouette T/A for $699 with $450 OBC.

Within the last two weeks, I turned down a 16 night Panama Canal/South America cruise on Infinity for $649pp with $250 OBC and a 14 night Caribbean cruise on HAL for $399pp with $250 OBC. I could EASILY go bankrupt saving money on cruises! :D

In addition, I have only ONCE paid more than HALF PRICE for ANY specialty restaurant. THAT was when my girlfriend blurted out it was for my birthday... so the guy KNEW he didn't have to offer more than the 25% off he already had.

I have been called a liar by people who absolutely REFUSE to believe the deals that I get. I very much appreciate people who pay top dollar for their cruises, that allow me to get bargain rates. But I just couldn't help but feel sorry for a guy on the Century T/P who paid 8,000 POUNDS ($12,000) for the same cruise I paid $799 for.

Edited by teecee60