airfare question

dfmeeks

We're booked on our cruise but I haven't booked our flight yet. I've been checking prices daily &, so far, prices have ranged from $417 pp to $500 pp. We're planning on flying to San Juan on May 9th out of either OKC, Tulsa or Wichita. When would be a good time to book our flights in order to realize the best price? My hope is that I could get tickets for about 300 pp. Am I delusional? Thank you for your help!!!

We're booked on our cruise but I haven't booked our flight yet. I've been checking prices daily &, so far, prices have ranged from $417 pp to $500 pp. We're planning on flying to San Juan on May 9th out of either OKC, Tulsa or Wichita. When would be a good time to book our flights in order to realize the best price? My hope is that I could get tickets for about 300 pp. Am I delusional? Thank you for your help!!!

If you can get $417pp airfare I would take it. Our airfare is about $500 for March from Tulsa. Southwest hardly flies either way between Tulsa and San Juan, so we had to use Delta. We flew to San Juan on Southwest in October and it cost us $190pp. Only needed 1 way since the cruise ended in Miami. So I think $300pp might be a little delusional.

Have you checked airfare out of Dallas? You at least have more options(SW,AA, Delta, United, Spirit and US Air) I am going a week after you and have found $300 airfare out of Austin. Hoping that will be matched soon out of DFW but if not we will go out of Austin.

Whatever you decide to book, I highly recommend getting a LATE afternoon return flight from San Juan. When we flew out of there, there were 4 cruise ships that had returned at the same time and everyone headed to the airport at the same time! It was absolute chaos at the airport! Next time, we will stay overnight before flying home.

:cool:Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up booking out of Wichita, Ks, which is only 1.5 hours from us, for $416 pp. Dallas is about 3.5 - 4 hours depending on traffic. Strangely, the airfares out of Dallas were not much cheaper than OKC. When we flew to Mexico, there was an $800 difference total between OKC & Dallas!!! We decided to stay in SJ 2 nights after the cruise. I'm so excited!! Thank you everyone for your advice! Happy sailings!

We're staying at the Caribe Hilton. We were able to get an ocean front room with a balcony for both nights for $238, not including tax or resort fee. I can cancel it & I haven't paid yet so I'm still looking for a better deal.

What hotel are you staying? We are staying at La Concha for 3 days after our cruise.