Phuket - Patong Beach jetty location for tenders

efghi9

We are scheduled to tender in Phuket at Patong Beach January 2015 (Sapphire Princess). I have searched high and low trying to determine where the jetty is located along Patong Beach. We are planning on booking a car & driver for the day and not sure where to tell the driver to meet us. Where is the jetty located - north or south end of the beach and what is a good location to meet for a private pre-arranged tour?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sandra

Thank you Hallasm, I had actually watched your video a number of times and tried to analyze the surroundings to see if north or south end but I don't know enough about the area and the landmarks. Thank you so much for clarifying for me.

Do you have a suggestion for a good spot to meet up? I was thinking of the Holiday Inn Resort but upon review of the google street view maps the Holiday Inn looks to be too far away.

Sandra

Do you have a suggestion for a good spot to meet up? I was thinking of the Holiday Inn Resort but upon review of the google street view maps the Holiday Inn looks to be too far away.

As I remember, there were taxi's waiting at the Tawewong Road at the pier - but why not ask the car company/driver to suggest a meeting place.

I'll be there in january on the mariner of the seas. We'll be there for 2days. Anyone have any idea wat time the tenders run till

Tenders will sail periodically during the entire night.

Hallasm - I have asked the company/driver to suggest where to meet, but they do not seem to know where the tender drop off is. They are geared more for hotel pickups it would seem. Also I was alerted on another travel forum that the jetty at the north end of the beach is being used this year for tendering. So maybe it depends on wind and sea conditions etc.

Our ship makes one stop there before our visit so I can ask on aboard and then email the driver. I do not have a mobile phone. thank you again for taking the time to answer.

Sandra

Yes, I can see a jetty at the northern end of the beach as well - also from time to time tendering is at Kalim Beach.

Anyway, I would still expect company/driver to be able to meet you at the jetty - also they should know at which jetty Sapphire Princess will tender that day.

Hallasm - I have asked the company/driver to suggest where to meet, but they do not seem to know where the tender drop off is. They are geared more for hotel pickups it would seem. Also I was alerted on another travel forum that the jetty at the north end of the beach is being used this year for tendering. So maybe it depends on wind and sea conditions etc.

Our ship makes one stop there before our visit so I can ask on aboard and then email the driver. I do not have a mobile phone. thank you again for taking the time to answer.

Sandra

Have you called Princess Cruises to see if they know which jetty?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...